PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Was told by her fren that she asked 1 sgp man to help buy 3 air tickets but he disappeared after collecting the $$$ :mad:

KNN... :mad::mad:
Anyway 6 days never see her and dunno what happen. She never tell me anything about it.

Of course i will not help her to pay the ticket... heehee. I helped her by letting her concentrate on her work for 6 dayz.

RJ2004
21-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Anyway 6 days never see her and dunno what happen. She never tell me anything about it.

Of course i will not help her to pay the ticket... heehee. I helped her by letting her concentrate on her work for 6 dayz.

6 days she lose 3 air tickets, dunno 2 weeks she will lose wad leh

qwerty78
21-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hijack,

but any bros here know which is the cheapest way to call vietnam?

skype seems expensive. so far i only find call back card cheaper.

any bros here got better lobang? thanks

v.killers
21-08-2008, 05:50 PM
You also very 'ENG'. come here tell ppl how to reply sms.

Bo pian...too boring liao....:D

Minh oi / Cuc cung...

Muahahaha...Good one. See your reply I laugh till stomachache...

kekekeke, I always like to use that to vn gal.....just joking with them lah ;):D

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hijack,

buy Chat Chat card. $8 if buy from provision shop. Talk time 88 min 1 sec.

v.killers
21-08-2008, 05:51 PM
buy Chat Chat card. $8 if buy from provision shop. Talk time 88 min 1 sec.

Save the money of calling and book a ticket there better lah:)

So tonite got program bo? :)

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 06:56 PM

tonight (after 12MN) i go meet my gal from her majesty. Too long never see her liao... :p

jackbl
22-08-2008, 01:17 AM
The gal that was conned is not your gal.

ekemono
22-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Sorry to hijack,

Smarttel 120 mins. $8.00

Hurricane88
22-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hijack,

Use chat such as Windows Live or Yahoo Messenger to call using computer with headphone and microphone, free of charge...wifi mobile phones can also do so....:)

If cannot use computer then continue to use calling card lor...:):)

fullboost2bar
22-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Use chat such as Windows Live or Yahoo Messenger to call using computer with headphone and microphone, free of charge...wifi mobile phones can also do so....:)

U sure can use wifi mobile phones to make phone calls through msn ? can teach me , exploring for long time already but still find no solutions..:p

Reaper
22-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Bros nid help on this msg:

Bx cung giong nhau nho ox. bx di lam kg dc buon qua.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.

I think you should msg her:-

Bx oi, ox nho bx nhieu lam
bay gio ox kg co tieng cho em, buon lam, em co gang lam viec kiem tien cho anh dc kg? :D

Joking joking ^_^

Oh Troi oi, Anh kg tot !!!!!!!!!! wahahahahaha

VK....got check with the guy if he actually send the message to her anot??? If he did, i really wish I was there to see her face.....wahahaha....

I give a better one....

"OX giong nhu nguoi dam ong vn. Kg thich lam viec, o nha moi ngay uong ruou va say xin. Doi vo dem tien ve nha"

BTW.. U very the free hor.. come soon...I bring you to happy place find SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SYT (you can go ask Carrot because he saw her also but must do it queitly hor)... But must hurry up because not sure how long this place will stay open....

Hurricane88
22-08-2008, 01:26 PM
U sure can use wifi mobile phones to make phone calls through msn ? can teach me , exploring for long time already but still find no solutions..:p

Bro, just go to fring.com (http://www.fring.com) and download. Register and setup msn, skype and yahoo messenger. Only msn and skype can call ....cheers:):)

qwerty78
23-08-2008, 08:34 PM

thank you bro, will check it out

qwerty78
23-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Smarttel 120 mins. $8.00

wah even cheaper..... thanks man

qwerty78
23-08-2008, 08:37 PM

yes bro, trying to teach her now to use skype instead....

just need contingency plan incase she have no internet connection

qwerty78
23-08-2008, 08:39 PM

i think not all phone can... only those newer types

Reaper
23-08-2008, 08:43 PM
If you are using Starhub, you can apply to starhub for IDD call to vietnam. When you call Vietnam, it is charged at local singapore call prices.

deptrai4u
23-08-2008, 10:55 PM
If you are using Starhub, you can apply to starhub for IDD call to vietnam. When you call Vietnam, it is charged at local singapore call prices.

Uncle, not Starhub lah, its M1. Starhub dun have such offer.

naemlo
23-08-2008, 11:47 PM

Correct only M1 021 has so called free call to Vietnam but charges at local rates. I switched from Starhub to M1 partly due to this service. :D

Reaper
24-08-2008, 04:42 AM

oooppppssss...sorry sorry...forgot.... am so used to Starhub. Changed to M1 only recently to take advatange of this....SORRY SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Reaper
24-08-2008, 04:43 AM

SORRY...it should be M1, not starhub. I apologise for the mistake

KangTuo
24-08-2008, 05:01 AM

Thanks. Got to check it out liao... with M1 for so long and never now about it.

69ASIMO69
24-08-2008, 11:27 AM
hi bros....... M1 offering calls to vietnam at local call rate ????? can the guys here advised more on this ? whats the subscription like and why at local rate? what u must sign up to enjoy this offer ? please advised and is it just for a short period of time ? thank u bros.... a newbie seeking advised...

jackbl
24-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Sapa – the land of magic
==================

The Queen of the Mountains, Sapa, overlooks a beautiful valley with lofty mountains towering over the town on all sides. The spectacular scenery surrounding Sapa includes cascading rice terraces which spill down the mountains like a patchwork quilt. The mountains are often shrouded in mist that rolls back and forth along the peaks, offering tantalizing glimpses of what lies in wait on a clear day. The valleys and villages around Sapa are home to a host of hill-tribe people who wander around town buying, selling and trading.

Close to the Chinese border in Lao Cai Province and about 376 kilometers from Hanoi, Sapa was built in 1922 as a hill station. It was nearly wiped off the map by a series of conflicts that swept over Vietnam. World War II, successive wars against the French and the U.S. and the 1979 border skirmish with China in 1979 all took their toll. The old hotels built by the French fell into disrepair and Sapa was forgotten by all but a handful of residents.

With the advent of tourism, Sapa has experienced a renaissance. Today, some buildings have been restored, notably the stone church in central Sapa. Several of the new buildings are vaguely based on long gone French villas. Apart from that, the only enduring memento of the French presence is the inclusion of open fires and chimneys in many buildings, a welcome addition as the temperature often slips below zero in winter.

At a height of 1,600 meters above sea level, the average temperature of the area is 15-18°C. Visitors to Sapa in summer can feel the climate of four seasons in one day. In the morning and afternoon, it is cool like the weather of spring and autumn. At noon, it is as sunny and cloudless as the weather of summer. The dry season in Sapa lasts from around January to June. January and February are the coldest and foggiest months. From March to May the weather is often excellent, and the summer is warm despite the rains between June and August.

Finding Neverland

It is quite easy to undertake day hikes through the valleys around Sapa without the assistance of a guide. However, for overnight stays in villages and longer treks into the mountains, it is advisable to hook up with a minority guide. There are endless beautiful places for trekking. The villages and the surrounding landscape are now part of Hoang Lien Reserve Park.

The nearest village within walking distance is Cat Cat (admission VND5,000 (US$0.30)), three kilometers to the south. Like other amazing inhabited areas, it’s a steep and very beautiful hike down. This is a fantastic spot to witness the daily activities of minority group residents and admire the magic of nature while shopping for local handicrafts.

Another popular trek is to Ta Phin Village (admission VND 5,000), home to Red Dao and about 10 kilometers from Sapa. There are also overnight community-based tours to the nearby H’mong village of Sin Chai that offer a chance to learn about textiles or music and dance. Other popular communities to visit include the Giay village of Ta Van and the Black H’mong village of Matra.

Surrounding Sapa is the Hoang Lien Mountain range, named the Tonkinese Alps by the French, at the tail end of the Himalaya. These mountains include Fansipan, not only Vietnam’s highest peak but also the Indochina Peninsula’s “roof” at a height of 3,143 meters. The summit towers above Sapa, although it is often obscured by clouds and is occasionally dusted with snow. The peak is accessible all year to those in good shape and properly equipped but don’t underestimate the challenge. It is very wet and can be perilously slippery and generally cold. However, some local wildlife such as donkeys, mountain goats and birds plus the unique beauty of nature offers explorers a memorable expedition.

Just a stone’s throw from downtown Sapa to the foot of Ham Rong (Dragon Jaw) Mountain, the journey up to the peak provides a panoramic view of the whole Sapa where colorful wildflowers bloom almost all year round. Visitors to Ham Rong Mountain also have the chance to admire the orchid garden and numerous caves and stones in extraordinary shapes.

The incredible road between Sapa and Lai Chau crosses the Tram Ton Pass on the northern side of Fansipan, 15 kilometers from Sapa. At 1,900 meters, this is the highest mountain pass in Vietnam. Even if you are not planning to fully explore Vietnam’s unique northwest, it is well worth coming up here to experience the incredible views from the top of this pass.

Alongside the road, about five kilometers toward Sapa, is Thac Bac (Silver Waterfall). With a height of 100 meters, it is one of the highest waterfalls in the country, and the loop track [admission fee VND3,000 ($0.18)] is steep and scenic.

Unique distinctions

The main attraction of this area, apart from its natural beauty, is Vietnam’s largest concentration of ethnic groups including Red Dao, H’mong, Giay, Tay, Xa Pho, Kinh and Hoa. Their dress, buildings, traditions and lifestyles are a big magnet for visitors.

Sapa would be of considerably less interest without the H’mong and Dao people, the largest ethnic groups in the region. The billowing red headdresses of the Red Dao are visible all over town, a surreal sight amid the accelerating development. The H’mong are more numerous and canny traders. Their villages may look medieval but most will have a mobile phone and an email address to stay in touch. Traditionally, they were the poorest of the poor but have rapidly learnt the spirit of free enterprise. Most of the Montagnards have had little formal education and are illiterate, yet all the youngsters have a good command of English, French and a handful of other languages.

Sapa is also famous for its love market, which takes place on Saturday evenings. This cultural highlight used to be the place for tribal locals to find a partner and get married.

Tradition has it that young Red Dao hill tribes used to come to Sapa to sing songs to find their partners. Girls sang hidden in the dark and when a boy found them - if they liked each other - they disappeared into the forest for three days. Some of them got married after that.

But with the development of tourism, the real love market does not take place anymore. Currently visitors can only see a representation of the love market. Do not miss it, however, anyway if you are staying here on Saturday night.

Food, drinks and souvenir stores can be found near the stone church in the downtown area. The restaurants here offer a wide range of interesting Vietnamese and European meals at very affordable prices. The food is delicious and well-presented. The dining establishments also have respectable wine lists with French, South American and Australian wines, also at reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and usually speak quite good English.

With its beauty and unique lifestyle, Sapa is a rewarding destination where all the hustle of daily life vanishes.

Reported by Kim

jackbl
25-08-2008, 12:01 AM
新工院受邀助越南提升工艺教育

● 潘星华(胡志明市)
  新加坡理工学院受邀参与越南胡志明市政府推动国内的全面提升工艺及职业教育计划。这项斥资650万新元 的工艺教育革新计划,将在三年内先使胡志明市四所工艺学院受益。之后,推广到全市30所工艺学院。最终推向 全越南,成为全国工艺教育的楷模。

淡马锡基金会为这项合作计划捐助160万元,为胡志明市60名教师到新工院学习三星期,以及新工院教师 经常到胡志明市提供指导的机票住宿费用。胡志明市政府教育局拨款400万元添置新进设备仪器,另外90万元 来自新工院的知识产权费用。这项计划从软件和硬件两方面全面提升胡志明市工艺教育水平。

昨天新越两方代表在越南胡志明市福南工艺学院举行合作计划推展及签约仪式。

新工院院长陈汉章对记者说,这项为期三年的工艺教育计划,从胡志明市的四所工艺教育学院做起。新工院将 协助他们建设“学术素质管理系统”,设计“机械电子”和“资讯及传媒设计”两项课程内容、教学 法、测试等。

计划分三阶段,首期是培训阶段。来自这四所工院的60名校长、副校长、部门主任在胡志明市福南工艺学院 和新工院接受四星期的培训。第二期是实践阶段,明年展开。第三期是紧密观察阶段。每个阶段,新工院教师将经 常往来,密切与这60名校长教师联系。

淡马锡基金会总裁钟添明说,基金会致力于“创建有共同未来的亚洲”。自去年5月建会,这已是和越南合作 的第二项计划。今年3月,越南64省150名校长和教育部官员等高级导师,到新加坡国立教育学院参加两星期 的“越南教育领导课程”。这项为越南培训480名高级教育官和学校领导的计划,由基金会提供210万元资金 。

钟添明说:“我们致力推进更好的治理和监管功能,重视制度和系统的建立和改进。我们重视领导和教师的影 响力,一般是让他们接受了崭新管理理念,再去指导同事和学生,发挥乘数效应作用。”

以亚洲为工作范围的淡马锡基金会,在过去一年先与东南亚各国、中国、印度来往。钟添明说:“我们的项目 是互相协商的合作,绝不是‘我教,你听’的方式。我们的合作,可以起专业、资源和资源的互补性 作用。”

胡志明市教育局局长温公明说,该市一向在中央政府的教育改革工作占先驱地位。这项先从胡志明市开始的工 艺教育革新计划,三年后,不只要扩大到全市30所工艺技术学校,还要推广到全国。

他说:“在越南走向国际化道路的过程中,我们首先要革新工艺技术教育,让它符合国际水平。我们希望这项 与新加坡合作的教育改革,不只是课程的改革,而且还是思想的改革,学习态度的改革和工作习惯的 改革。”

jackbl
25-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Wonder why they choose to go HCMC to beg????? :confused:

Four Chinese deported for illegal begging
=============================
Ho Chi Minh City police Saturday deported three Chinese men and a woman for dressing in Buddhist monastic robes in order to beg.

Residents of District 1’s Tan Dinh Ward on Thursday reported to ward police that a woman in nun’s clothing was speaking a foreign language and begging for money at Tan Dinh Market.

The police arrested the woman who confessed she was Chinese and had come to Vietnam through Huu Nghi-Lang Son Port on August 12.

She told them she was sharing a hotel room in District 3’s Ward 12, with three other Chinese men who were also beggars in monk’s clothing.

HCMC police have deported 11 Chinese people working illegally as beggars so far this year.

Reported by Dam Huy

Hurricane88
25-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Wonder why they choose to go HCMC to beg????? :confused:

Four Chinese deported for illegal begging

Must be because Vn ppl donated generously and it is free money...hahaha..just joking...I dun know why oso..:):)

jackbl
25-08-2008, 06:06 PM
New residential area could surpass Phu My Hung: city chief
=======================================

Hiep Phuoc port and urban zone could surpass Phu My Hung, considered Ho Chi Minh City’s “new urban area paradigm,” in scale and level of modernity, the city Party unit chief, Le Thanh Hai, said Friday.

Hai was visiting the urban area site in Nha Be District.

Hua Ngoc Thuan, deputy head of Hiep Phuoc’s management board, said the “harbor city” is expected to spread over 3,600 hectares, including 336 hectares for port activities, nearly 1,300 hectares for mixed-use urban development, and the rest for industrial plants.

According to Tan Thuan Industrial Promotion Company (IPC), by 2015 Hiep Phuoc could have a population of 250,000, facilitate development of nearby ports in Tien Giang and Long

An provinces, and provide comprehensive logistics services.

Truong Ngoc Tuong, chief architect of Portcoast Consultant, said the Soai Rap River, which serves Hiep Phuoc and southern provinces, could, after being dredged for a second time starting October, accommodate ships weighing 50,000 to 70,000 DWT.

Several port investors are already taking advantage of Hiep Phuoc’s shipping capacity, he said, including DP World, currently in negotiation to rent 75 hectares to construct its second container terminal with 1,500 square meters of wharf with an expected capacity of 3 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units) a year.

Hiep Phuoc has the potential to have 8 kilometers of wharf, he said, while 150 to 200 million tons of cargo could go through it annually.

Than Trong Hieu, deputy chairman of Nha Be District People’s Committee, said the land price in this area has skyrocketed considering its location near such a major urban area like Phu My Hung.

He asked the city to speed up paperwork and construction of resettlement areas for displaced people.

It should make sure that these resettlement centers have proper infrastructure and easy access to schools, markets, and even vocational training centers, he said.

Hai said, “It’s certainly within the city’s capability to transform Hiep Phuoc into an even better living area than Phu My Hung.”

Phu My Hung Corporation (PMH), licensed in 1993, is a joint venture between the Tan Thuan IPC and the Taiwan-based Central Trading & Development Group.

Reported by Mai Vong

jackbl
26-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Good news for bro with gf/bx in the rural area. U can chat with ur gal soon!!! :p

More internet service in rural areas
========================
Intel Vietnam will provide support and “public telecommunication service spots” in more than 15,000 communes around the country.

At an ASEAN conference in Hanoi Tuesday, the company and Vietnam Public Utility Telecommunication Service Fund signed a “community connection” memorandum of understanding.

A report shows almost 200 communes throughout the country still don’t have public Internet service spots and more than 600 places still use dial-up systems instead of broadband.

The 2008 goal of the memorandum is to set up new public Internet service places in 30 percent of the communes without an Internet service and upgrade dial-up systems to broadband.

Reported by Truong Son

jackbl
26-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Bro, you can bring ur gf/bx to watch their performance liao :D

Vietnamese band to perform in U.S., Singapore
===============================
Mat Troi Moi, a group of local female musicians also known as New Sun, is set to perform in Singapore and the U.S. this month.

The band, known for playing contemporary music with traditional instruments and playing traditional songs in a more modern style, will play at a three-day Vietnamese Cultural Festival in Singapore beginning August 29.

The five-member band will perform four shows each day.

The group won many Singaporean fans after their appearance at last year’s Duyen Dang Viet Nam (Charming Vietnam) music and fashion fundraiser in Singapore.

On September 18, the band will depart for the U.S. for a three-week engagement at the invitation of the Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Reported by Da Ly

jackbl
26-08-2008, 09:45 AM
For expats, Vietnam is more affordable, survey finds
=================================

The city ranks 100th in the recent Cost of Living Survey by consulting firm Mercer, down 40 spots from a year earlier. The low cost of living and stable local currency has made Vietnam more affordable for expats over the past year compared to other cities around the world, according to a survey by world-renowned consulting firm Mercer.

Mercer’s recent Cost of Living Survey, which covers 143 cities worldwide, found Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City had become relatively cheaper places for expats to live since March 2007.

COST OF LIVING

Rankings Cities
1 Moscow
2 Tokyo
3 London
4 Oslo
5 Seoul
6 Hong Kong
7 Copenhagen
8 Geneva
9 Zurich
10 Milan

The world’s most expensive city is Moscow, ranked number one of the Mercer 2008 list.

Hanoi is ranked 91st on the list and HCMC 100th.

Hanoi moved 35 places down from last year’s ranking and HCMC fell 40 spots down the list, toward the cheaper end.

The survey took into account the cost of 200 items including housing, transport, food, clothing, household necessities and entertainment.

Mercer said Vietnam’s two metropolises had become relatively cheaper mainly because the Vietnamese dong had remained stable against the US dollar, making the cost of living in Hanoi and HCMC comparatively lower.

Lower level of price increases on goods in Hanoi and HCMC compared to in New York also contributed to the cities cheaper rankings, Mercer said.

The cost of living in Hanoi and HCMC was more expensive than Bangkok (ranked 105), Kuala Lumpur (106) and Manila (110) but less costly than Jakarta (82), Guangzhou (70) and Shenzhen (61), the survey found.

Moscow was the world’s most expensive city for expatriates for the third consecutive year while Tokyo moved to second position.

Asuncion in Paraguay is the least expensive city in the ranking for the sixth year running.

Yvonne Traber, a principal and research manager at Mercer, said despite many Asian cities climbing the rankings this year, many companies and their employees still wanted to come to Asia.

The Mercer survey is regarded as the most comprehensive cost of living survey, which helps multinational companies and governments determine compensation allowances for their expatriate employees

Reported by Minh Quang

Hurricane88
26-08-2008, 09:54 AM
For expats, Vietnam is more affordable, survey finds

Hanoi is ranked 91st on the list and HCMC 100th.

The cost of living in Hanoi and HCMC was more expensive than Bangkok (ranked 105), Kuala Lumpur (106) and Manila (110) but less costly than Jakarta (82), Guangzhou (70) and Shenzhen (61), the survey found.

Reported by Minh Quang

Bro, thank you for sharing...din know that cost of living in HCM is higher than Bangkok...wow..:)

jackbl
28-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Children of uncertainty
==================
“For the children here, going to school seems to be something too out of reach, something they don’t envision,” says Nguyen Van Tam, chief of Hamlet 11 in Phu Bai Town, Huong Thuy District, Thua Thien-Hue Province. The women in Phu Bai Town of Huong Thuy District in Thua Thien-Hue Province must bring up their children on their own.

In the 1990s, people from many different parts of Thua Thien-Hue Province settled in Hamlet 11.

But although many of the new settlers have had families, many children have never met their fathers.

The hamlet has 33 households with less than 10 men.

“Men and boys leave to work in the south,” said Nguyen Van Tam, chief of the hamlet.

“Boys of 14 to 15 leave home and even boys aged under 10 must go to sell lottery tickets or work as waiters at cafes in towns and cities.

Therefore, people coming here see only women.

Many women don’t have a husband around although they have children.”

Duong Thi Thuy, who has three children, said each child was the result of her love of a different man.

The one-legged woman works around the town every day to earn food for the family.

“Since I was 17, I started picking vegetables and then lost a leg after stepping on a landmine,” Thuy recalled.

“I knew that no one would show any kind of affection to me but I risked having children anyway.”

Trinh and Hoang, Thuy’s children, bear her surname.

They often tell strangers their father has “passed away.”

Five-year-old Trinh, Thuy’s youngest daughter, said her mother asked her to answer that way so people wouldn’t get curious.

Le Thi Thuy, 45, has five children, the youngest of whom is less than two.

“I have gotten used to living like this,” Thuy said.

“In this hamlet, many children have also gotten used to not knowing their fathers. I work hard to support my children and the older children work to support the younger ones.”

School too out of reach

No one in Hamlet 11 has completed high school.

Some 18- and 19-yearolds are illiterate.

“With an income just enough for three meals a day, people can’t afford to send their children to school,” the hamlet chief said.

“For the children here, going to school seems to be something too out of reach, something they don’t envision.”

About 10 years ago, Vo Thi Yen Ngoc, a 74-year-old retired teacher who lives in a neighboring hamlet, opened a free class to improve the literacy of Hamlet 11’s children.

The class was for 10 to 15 children of all ages.

“I mainly taught literature and mathematics,” Ngoc said.

“After going through study materials up to the level of grade five, I asked families to transfer the students to a local school in the district. But most the children quit.”

Like siblings Ha, Chi, and Trung, many attended the retired teacher’s class but did not pursue further schooling.

Their father is in jail and their mother can’t afford having them in the classrooms.

Ha and Chi became workers at the provincial Phu Bai Industrial Park and Trung went to sell lottery tickets in Hue.

Nineteen-year-old Le Quang Vinh, who attended Ngoc’s class when he was younger, said he couldn’t bear going back to school since “people would laugh at me.”

Still, Trinh and Hoang dream of going back to school so they can play and make friends with children outside their hamlet.

Reported by Tam Binh

RJ2004
28-08-2008, 11:53 AM
wah can change topic to viet news thread liao :D

jackbl
28-08-2008, 04:37 PM
The TS has named it as "TIENG VIET LOVERS CLUB" therefore i thought that if u wan to know the language, its good also to know about its culture and how the people there live.....

wah can change topic to viet news thread liao :D

k|nG
28-08-2008, 04:46 PM
em co muon lay anh kg ??

em co muon cuoi anh kg??

Anyone know what is the meaning?

jackbl
28-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I make a guess ok... something in the line.... do u wan to marry me?

em co muon lay anh kg ??

em co muon cuoi anh kg??

Anyone know what is the meaning?

RJ2004
28-08-2008, 07:02 PM
The TS has named it as "TIENG VIET LOVERS CLUB" therefore i thought that if u wan to know the language, its good also to know about its culture and how the people there live.....

go there visit the country lor... the past 2 weeks i at the two 51s a lot leh, never see you?

KangTuo
28-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I have alot of sms by a viet gal (jackbl, you know who?? :p) ....
should i post here? Bros who knows the language can translate it and let other bro learn. Some how its advance training liao. The sms also alot of short form:D

I will translate some that I know also... start with two

Viet: Jo a lai cho e di dong dong di dc kg ha
Singlish: Can you come and fetch me go look look see see now?

Viet: E o nha co 1 minh so ma wa ah.
Singlish: I at home 1 person scare ghost.

jackbl
29-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Wrong.... it shd be "I am home 1 person very lonely, u come over to xxx me" :D

jackbl
29-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Haha tonight i actually saw u in JC and GL, twice.... :D

go there visit the country lor... the past 2 weeks i at the two 51s a lot leh, never see you?

jackbl
29-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Teenage marriage common in central villages
================================
A 17-year-old mother sifts husked rice next to her four-year-old son.
In front of a house in a central village, 16-year-old Dinh Thi Chin selects husked rice from a recent harvest while taking care of her son.
Her older sister, who also married young, lulls her child to sleep nearby.

The sisters are among many villagers from Quang Ngai Province’s mountainous districts of Son Tay and Son Ha who married young.

Low levels of education are common for young girls and boys in the area, who often get married in their early to mid teens despite the Vietnamese legal marrying age of 18 for females and 20 for males.

Chin’s father Dinh Van Yeu, the head of Mang Hin residential area at Ra Pan Village in Son Tay District, said all three of his children married when they were quite young.

He said his other daughter, Dinh Thi Muoi, married when she was 13 and his son, Dinh Van Yen, got married at 16.

“We allowed them to marry because they loved each other,” Yeu said.

“But even though they are married, they can’t register the marriage with the commune’s People’s Committee.”

Yeu said seven of the 22 households in Ra Pan Village had allowed their children to marry at early ages.

Many local officials, who are supposed to know the laws, permit their children to marry before they reach the legal age.

Dinh Van Ngan, the chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Unit at Son Lap Commune in Son Tay District, recently held a wedding ceremony for his eldest daughter, who was only 15 years old and in grade seven at school.

The secretary of the Communist Party Unit at Son Bua Commune, Dinh Thanh Dua, has two married children.

One is in grade nine and the other in grade seven.

Obvious consequences

Because their marriages are not officially recognized, the young couples cannot register the birth of their children.

“Many parents take their children to school without birth certificates,” said Nguyen Van Minh, an official from Dinh Tien Hoang High School in Son Tay District.

“We have to guess their age and choose a random birthday so we can complete the paperwork for them.”

According to Son Ha Secondary School in Son Ha District, the majority of the 34 children who dropped out of school last year did so to get married.

“It’s an easy choice for them to stop coming to school after falling in love and getting married,” school principal Nguyen Sinh said.

“The figures were even worse in previous school years.”

Most students who gave up school to marry were between 14 and 16 years old, school deputy principal Nguyen Thi Ha said.

“There were surely many more cases of early marriage in the area,” she said.

At Dinh Tien Hoang High School in Son Tay District, early marriage has also forced many students out of school.

In some classes, more than half of the students dropped out of school to get married, school principal Bui The Gioi said.

The outlawed practice has resulted in many divorces in the area.

An 18-year-old woman from Son Bao Commune in Son Tay District, identified only as L., said she was now living with her third husband.

“I lived with my first husband for two years until he got drunk once and forced me back to my parents’ house,” she said.

“Six months later, I got married to my second husband, who also forced me out of his house after one year because I didn’t have any child with him.”

KangTuo
29-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Wrong.... it shd be "I am home 1 person very lonely, u come over to xxx me" :D

come over to talk to me. :(

if only xxx is something else.... :D

jackbl
30-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Nha Trang’s new island escape
=======================

The familiar retreat for Vietnam beach lovers, Nha Trang, has added a new attraction – Hon Sam (Sam Islet).

Hon Sam, which is managed by Nha Trang-based Long Phu Tourist Company, opened to tourists this month, so now is the chance to be one of the first to enjoy it.

The layout of the islet makes it particularly special.

It has two small mountains at either end, with beaches in between both sides within easy walking distance of each other.

There’s a view of Nha Trang Town from the sandy beach on one side and nearby Thi Islet can be seen from the opposite side.

The ocean surrounding the island is crystal blue and inviting, while Hon Sam’s flora is vivid green.

There are natural forests and orchards of longan and oranges, which make contrast with other islands in the area.

Daily tours around Hon Sam include caves and nature walks.

Hon Sam is home to con dong (a species of sea reptile) which is prized for its delicious meat.

The Long Phu Tourist Company plans to start farming these lizards.

Tourists who love adventure can go sailing, motorboating, diving and rowing on bamboo rafts to nearby islets.

Divers should not miss the magnificent coral reefs south of Hon Sam.

To enjoy fresh seafood, tourists can take boats out to fish pens off the island to choose their own fish, which the restaurants on the islet will cook for them.

Dang Thai Luyen, director of Long Phu Tourist Co., said all the services and facilities are still in the early stages and there will be more tourist activities in the future.

Reported by Phan Huy Tram

jackbl
30-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Catch of the day
===============

Beach fishing can be a fun day tour in Nha Trang. You can catch fish and enjoy them cooked in a traditional Vietnamese style for lunch.

Boats and tour guides can be hired at one of the travel agents in Nguyen Thien Thuat Street.

According to Suong, a guide at the Open Tour office, a fishing trip for a dozen people should cost VND2 million (US$118) and a tour for one should cost around VND500,000 ($30).

The fishing tours usually start with a hotel pickup at around 8:30 a.m. to go to Cau Da Port.

From the port, it takes about 30 minutes to cruise to Mun and Tam islands, where the eager anglers can stop for fishing and snorkeling.

“I have been fishing since I could walk,” said Deborah, a tourist from Australia, who landed three fish before lunch.

“Before I came here, I heard Nha Trang had the most beautiful beach and islands in Vietnam and the sea had many fish,” she said.

“I wanted to see how fishing in Vietnam is different from at home.”

On the top of the boat, Samantha, a 20-year-old girl who is traveling with her boyfriend Bob, is screaming: “Ohhhhhhh…it took the bait!”

“I let the fish take the bait for a while then I set the hook….Yahhh!!!! I had it hooked. I am so excited and scared,” Samantha said.

Bob reels a 50 centimeter-long fish close to the boat and they begin to fight back and forth.

For a new angler like Sally, catching fish is not so easy.

At least three get away.

Sally said: “I feel a little bit disappointed. Anyway, wait and see… maybe next time!”

At around 12 p.m., the boat heads for Con Se Tre Resort on Tre (Bamboo) Island, where the “fishermen” lunch on Vietnamese seafood and the fish they caught.

On Tre Island, the tourists can swim, relax or sunbake for an hour before visiting the local fishing village to see fresh shrimp, crabs and other sea creatures raised in floating cages.

The tour finishes at the port at around 4 p.m.

Reported by Luu Hong

jackbl
31-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Dun know when can go vn again :(

Vietnam attracts 2.3 mln international visitors in first half
====================================

Vietnam received nearly 2.3 million foreign arrivals in the first half of this year, a year-on-year rise of 8.1 percent, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT).

Among the arrivals, the number of business visitors surged the most by 39.7 percent to 429,000, followed by that of tourists, which rose 6 percent to nearly 1.4 million.

However, the number of visitors from some of Vietnam’s leading tourism markets decreased between January and June.

Specifically, arrivals from China numbered nearly 254,700 visitors, down 7.6 percent; the Republic of Korea accounted for 245,600, down 6.6 percent; the US with 210,900, down 3.8 percent; and Japan totaling 200,700 tourists, down 3.6 percent.

The country plans to host 4.8-5 million international arrivals this year, up from the 4.2 million figure last year, said the Tourism Promotion Department under the VNAT.

Reported by Thai Thanh Van

jackbl
31-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Modern age hitting Vietnam family life: survey
==============================

Women still bear the greater burden of housework, childcare and elderly care, a joint UN-government survey finds . Modern pressures are changing the Vietnamese family structure, with divorces rising and the very young and old spending more time alone, said a joint UN-government survey released Thursday.

Gender equality is improving, but men still dominate households, and domestic violence occurs in one fifth of marriages, said the first nationwide survey of the family unit, a joint project with UN children’s agency UNICEF.

“After 20 years of doi moi, or renovation (market reforms), Vietnam has changed in nearly all aspects of life, including in family relationships,” found the survey of 9,400 households across all 64 cities and provinces.

Vietnam has traditionally been a rural and patriarchal society, where Confucian values have supported the family unit above all else, and dictated that the young respect their elders, and that women be obedient to their husbands.

However, the survey found social mores are changing fast in Vietnam, which started to re-open its doors to the outside world in the 1990s, ushering in rapid economic growth.

Absolute poverty has fallen sharply, with 96 percent of households reporting they have electricity, 86 percent having clean water, and literacy above the age of 10 now at nearly 95 percent of the population of 86 million.

But the statistical snap-shot also highlighted downsides to modern life.

The survey found that many parents now feel they are no longer able to spend enough time with their children and, with a lack of affordable child care, worry for their offspring’s mental and emotional development.

“It’s not a matter of not wanting to, or ignorance,” said UNICEF country chief Jesper Morch.

“Parents need to work in order for their families to survive … and therefore don’t have time to spend with their children.”

Some 80 percent of those aged 15 to 17 said their parents let them make key lifestyle choices, while parents said they worried most about their children fighting, skipping school, smoking, drinking, taking drugs and gambling.

In other trends, the number of arranged marriages is dropping off, and many newly-wed couples – who traditionally moved in with the husband’s family – now live with the wife’s family or in their own home.

“Three-generation households were less common and are decreasing, possibly due to industrialization,” said the report, which found that only one third of households now have elderly family members.

“Many respondents said that now sons and daughters take better material care of their parents but have fewer visits and meetings with them,” said the study, co-produced by Vietnam’s Institute of Family and Gender Studies.

The survey also found a widening belief that the head of a family can be a woman but said gender inequality remained “a particular challenge.”

Although women are “fully integrated into the labor force,” they have less access to economic opportunities, education and health care and “still bear the greater burden of housework, childcare and elderly care.”

For example, the surveyed mothers’ time spent taking care for their under-15-year-old children is six times more than their husbands’.

Domestic violence took place in 21 percent of marriages, according to the survey, which included beating, scolding, cursing and forced sex.

Divorce, once almost unheard of, has “increased rapidly in recent years,” to 2.6 percent of respondents aged 18 to 60, most citing “differences in opinion about lifestyle, adultery and economic difficulties.”

The report recommended the government change social welfare services to keep up with changes such as the rising numbers of single mothers.

“There is a need for policy makers to better support parents in Vietnam today as they try to juggle the demands of family, work and economic growth,” said UNICEF deputy representative Maniza Zaman.

Source: AFP

jackbl
31-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Waiting for your inputs ....... :D

btw how to write dong dong with the vietnamese sign?

I will translate some that I know also... start with two

Viet: Jo a lai cho e di dong dong di dc kg ha
Singlish: Can you come and fetch me go look look see see now?

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 04:06 PM
btw how to write dong dong with the vietnamese sign?

Bro, I do nknow leh. I learn tieng viet without the sign. :p

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Sms that i don't understand...

1) ko le a ko di bit di voi may co khac sao tot hon e nhiu

2) jo e dang ngoi choi ne e moi lai cho lam ah sang jo bi benh moi do

3) e dang ngoi choi bun mun chet di dc

4) a cho chi e dh chung voi nha ok nha a

5) e ko dam nghi toi vi a voi e khac nhau wa nen e ko dam nghi toi dau

6) thi e cung co tinh cam voi a nhung e ko bit e co hop voi a ko

7) a may chi cua e ve nha mua bia nhau nhau tu nhien e ngoi suy nghi e toi a wa di

8) e dang nam choi co 1 minh ah dem wa e ko co uong may chi e uong ko ah

9) a thit e o diem nao ha co thit thiet ko hay a dua jon ha

10) e tuong a lai e vui a ko lai thi thoi, a muon di dau thi di di

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 05:36 PM
(I ask why you look tired)
VN: ba chu ko cho e nghi e fai kien tien tra cho ba nen e ko nghi chu e met trong nguoi lam
Singlish: lady boss don't let me rest. I must earn money give mother. I don't rest so I am tired.

(I say I come late to fect her)
VN: sao di tre wa da ha a som 1 chut ko dc ha
Singlish: why come late, can come early abit?

(I ask what is she doing)
VN: e dang o cho lam
Singlish: I am working.

why must she reply "o cho lam" and not "e dang lam viec"
I tot she work in market. cho = market

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 05:48 PM
sms to use for topic on sleeping/waking up and sickness

(I ask whether she is awake)
VN: e moi day roi
Singlish:I wakeup already
Q: why use "moi day"....

VN: chuc a ngu ngon co nhiu giac mo dep
Singlish: wish you good night...
Q: "nhiu giac mo dep"... what it means?

VN: chuc a ngu ngon nha mau lay lai suc khoe
Q: "mau lay lai suc khoe"... what it means?

VN: a noi khoe wa co fai gap e la het benh that on
Singlish: you say you are well but why still sick?

(I ask if she is well now)
VN: e am chao uong thuoc do benh roi
Singlish: i eat porridge and drink medicine. no sick already

VN: Thoi a lam xong thi ve nha nghi cho khoe san coi me a do benh chua do benh chua

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 06:01 PM
(I tell her this week I am busy. cannot meet her)
VN: e bit tuan nay a fai lam viec nhieu nhung cung fai ju suc khoe nha dung co lam wa ma benh do! nho a nhiu
Singlish: i know this week you need to work alot but must take care your health. Don't work till fall sick. I miss you alot

e bit tuan nay a fai lam viec nhieu = i know this week you need to work alot
nhung cung fai ju suc khoe nha = but also must take care your health
dung co lam wa ma benh do! = Don't work till fall sick

VN: a lam thi lam fai ju suc khoe nha
Singlish: work is work but must take care your health

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 06:27 PM
after sending her back home...

VN: a chay xe ve nha can than nha. cam on a da dua e di choi nha
Singlish: you drive car be careful. thank you fro bringing me out

VN: a lo chay di ve nah roi nt e bit
Singlish: drive reach home sms me to let me know

VN: a chay xe can than nha ve toi nha nt e bit de e dung lo nha
Singlish: you drive car be careful. reach home sms me so i won't worry

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Conversation is about pouring out sorrow and keeping each other company.
Hope bro can do some translation.. I know the meaning of the sms but dunno how to interprete word by word.

VN: nhiu luc trong long cua e bun lam gap a cho e di dong dong choi nen e cung do bun
Meaning: I am sad, you bring me go around. cure my sadness

VN: e cung mun hieu a nhiu nhung a fai tam su voi e thi 2 dua minh moi hieu nhau nhiu chu nhung luc e bun e mun tam su voi a lam nhung e ko bit a co chiu nghe e tam su ko
Meaning: I also want to understand you........ i sad i want to pour my sorrow with you but I dunno if you want to listen or not

VN: e wa day nhieu luc e bun lam nhung wen dc a e cung vui co nguoi de e tam su luc e bun.
Meaning: ...... i vey sad but got you to listen to my sorrow, i happy.

VN : e bun e ko bit e tam su voi a, ko bit a co hieu ko.
Meaning: i sad, i dun not how to pour more sorrow, dunno if you understand.

KangTuo
31-08-2008, 07:08 PM
The longest message from her...

VN: e cung co thit a nhung e ko dam yeu ai het vi e con di lam lo cho ba me cua e neu e yeu thi se ko di lam dc. neu co ai that su yeu e va lo cho e tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun

Leeson
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
the viet she writes looks like not from near hcm? more like from those smaller towns near central vn...
anyway a lot of times different gal sms differently, need to get used to their styles

jackbl
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
chỗ = place ; o chỗ lam= at workplace

chợ = market

why must she reply "o cho lam" and not "e dang lam viec"
I tot she work in market. cho = market

jackbl
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Moi day= just wakeup

(I ask whether she is awake)
VN: e moi day roi
Singlish:I wakeup already
Q: why use "moi day"....

nhiu giac mo dep= many sweet dream

VN: chuc a ngu ngon co nhiu giac mo dep
Q: "nhiu giac mo dep"... what it means?

jackbl
01-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Yes, I agreed with Leeson... She used too many short forms until i see already i giddy :(

nhiu=nhieu; bit=biet, etc.....

When she going back??

jackbl
01-09-2008, 02:59 AM
I also have like u but i dun dare love anyone because i still working, worry for my father mother. If i love then i cannot go work. If anyone truly love me and worry for me everything, by then i then dare give all my affection to that person.

The longest message from her...

VN: e cung co thit a nhung e ko dam yeu ai het vi e con di lam lo cho ba me cua e neu e yeu thi se ko di lam dc. neu co ai that su yeu e va lo cho e tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun

KangTuo
01-09-2008, 06:37 AM
the viet she writes looks like not from near hcm? more like from those smaller towns near central vn...
anyway a lot of times different gal sms differently, need to get used to their styles

See her passport thar she is from T.P. HCMC. not from any small town or province.

style of sms also problem for me... somehow i also sms in her style. So I need to make sure I change back to my old style when i sms my girlfriend in VN.

Yes, I agreed with Leeson... She used too many short forms until i see already i giddy :(

nhiu=nhieu; bit=biet, etc.....

When she going back??

Probably city gal use more short form in sms.
wa = qua, jo=gio, jan = gian, bun = buon ....

She is going back on 16.9.08..... 2 more weeks. :(

bro, thanks for the translation. :D

jackbl
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
So will u still be goin to HM this 2 weeks? Or u jus see her outside her working hours? I think nowadays working not very good, police alot and customers alittle. i also dun know where customers go. Last time i visit J51, around 9.30, almost fullhouse, but not now...

HM is a BANNED place for me cos i got too many spies there, at least 50% know my gal.

She is going back on 16.9.08..... 2 more weeks. :(

bro, thanks for the translation. :D

RJ2004
01-09-2008, 04:11 PM
See her passport thar she is from T.P. HCMC. not from any small town or province.

style of sms also problem for me... somehow i also sms in her style. So I need to make sure I change back to my old style when i sms my girlfriend in VN.

Probably city gal use more short form in sms.
wa = qua, jo=gio, jan = gian, bun = buon ....

the passport does not mean anything, maybe you can ask where her parent stay, but it doesnt really matter does it? :p

the sms style is a problem, but if in VN dun sms la, calling is much cheaper leh

the city gals i know use more proper vn actually... but like i said, different gals will have different styles so its hard to compare i guess.

KangTuo
01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
So will u still be goin to HM this 2 weeks? Or u jus see her outside her working hours? I think nowadays working not very good, police alot and customers alittle. i also dun know where customers go. Last time i visit J51, around 9.30, almost fullhouse, but not now...

HM is a BANNED place for me cos i got too many spies there, at least 50% know my gal.

I went HM once and that was when I see you celebrating your bday there. Its a BANNED place for me as well. I dun find it fun there. J51/M51 is better.

I always meet her outside her working hours. I told her before that her place is not fun and I will not go anymore.

Talking about police raid. On saturday night there are 4 red Special Operation Unit vehicle parked along GL near Lor 10. Opposite HM, below SK. Dunno what and where they raid. Lor 8, 10, 14, Talma lane still very crowded with PRC and Indo.

Best part is that the massage parlor beside the HP shop still got PRC standing at the door trying to pull me in. (the SOF vehicle is just infront of the shop)

KangTuo
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
the sms style is a problem, but if in VN dun sms la, calling is much cheaper leh.

I call and sms... everyday.
sms: 5 x 30 x $0.15 = $22.5 / mth
call: 1 x 30/2 x $8 = $120 / mth

KangTuo
02-09-2008, 01:41 AM

7) a may chi cua e ve nha mua bia nhau nhau tu nhien e ngoi suy nghi e toi a wa di

since bro also giddy looking at the sms, probably I try some myself as I know the topic of the sms.Bro who know may fill in the blank.

2) Now I am seating and having fun. I just come to workplace. morning already no sick

3) I am seating and playing with dust

5) I dare not think because you and me just know, I dare not think

6) I also go t feel for you but dunno can we match

7 and 8 is about sister buying beer to drink than ..... "blank"........

jackbl
02-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I try my luck and if i m wrong, bros pls correct me ...... :D

3) I m sitting down and have fun (not those), boring until want to die

4) u wait for my sis and go home together (i guess :D)

5) i dun dare to think cos we are different so i dun dare think of it

7) few sis buy beer back home to drink, i sit naturally i think of u

8) i m laying down alone, yesterd nite i didnt drink my sis drink only

9) u like me which point, got like real or not, or just joking

10) i think u come i happy, u no come nevermind. u wan go where u go

Hurricane88
02-09-2008, 02:03 PM
I call and sms... everyday.
sms: 5 x 30 x $0.15 = $22.5 / mth
call: 1 x 30/2 x $8 = $120 / mth

Use wireless phone to call to call another wireless phone or computer with headphone w/microphone or vice versa using Skype and MSN...free...:):)

NOTE: computer needs to access internet and must log in to MSN or Skype. Download fring ? Make free mobile calls, IM with Skype, MSN Messenger, ICQ, Google Talk™, SIP & Twitter, AIM® & Yahoo!™ (http://www.fring.com) and configure skype, msn, yahoo on your wireless mobile phone....yahoo cannot call but chat only.

I had tried it and the sound quality is similar to calling card.

RJ2004
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Use wireless phone to call to call another wireless phone or computer with headphone w/microphone or vice versa using Skype and MSN...free...:):)

unfortunately not all the gals are internet savvy

ekemono
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM

yes... I had a hard time convincing her the volume control was at the right side of the window taskbar

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 01:08 AM

unfortunately my girlfriend do not have money for all these high tech stuff. :(
The only high tech stuff she has is my sony erricsson hp W660i.

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 01:11 AM
yes... I had a hard time convincing her the volume control was at the right side of the window taskbar

I has to spend 2 hours in the internet cafe setting up Yahoo acct and teach my galfriend how to use yahoo chat. Its worth to be so patient.
Tomolo she is off and will chat with me after I finsih work. Happy that can see her in the webcam. Sad that I need to go home straight and not able to drop by J51.

cashier
03-09-2008, 01:14 AM
what are these two sentence means?

hnay e ko co di lm. cam on

troi oi! vao hotel e la ma a co so ko

thanks

jackbl
03-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Today i didnt go work. Thank you.

Oh my god! Go into hotel i m ghost u got scared or not?

what are these two sentence means?

hnay e ko co di lm. cam on

troi oi! vao hotel e la ma a co so ko

thanks

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Today i didnt go work. Thank you.

Oh my god! Go into hotel i m ghost u got scared or not?

Bro, u r the master leh.. this wan also no let me have the chane to translate.
Got difficult wan for you leh. :D

ekemono
03-09-2008, 04:51 AM

I noticed that they prefer Sony Ericsson alot.

I has to spend 2 hours in the internet cafe setting up Yahoo acct and teach my galfriend how to use yahoo chat. Its worth to be so patient.
Tomolo she is off and will chat with me after I finsih work. Happy that can see her in the webcam. Sad that I need to go home straight and not able to drop by J51.

Can understand your joy.
When I eventually get to see her online, strike 4D also not so happy. Somemore capture screen shot and save her tiny picture for viewing pleasure.
...1st time encouter Viet gal already kena poison deep deep...

jackbl
03-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I am so-so only. For your other sentences, i think u need to get bro SG to translate. I think he is GOOD.

Bro, u r the master leh.. this wan also no let me have the chane to translate.
Got difficult wan for you leh. :D

Hurricane88
03-09-2008, 09:57 AM

Dun have to be internet savvy la...just setup all the accounts properly...donwload all the necessary software and pre-configure....just teach her enough to call and chat...hahaha...tat simple la...:)

You only need one around $400 to $600, models such as Nokia N82, N95, SonyEricsson W960. etc...can get a reasonable good used quality phone for that price...

Imagine roi is within a 3 to 5 months depends how often you call and how long per call.....

Damn shiok right...enjoy yourself ok....2 hours is consider short to teach your gal...see what I meant...:)

Sha_Gua75
03-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I am so-so only. For your other sentences, i think u need to get bro SG to translate. I think he is GOOD.

Nah...I am rusty liao...too long never use alot of words also forget liao....need to ask wife or friend is there is really a need to translate...but as far as for myself...never use viet alot now

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
You only need one around $400 to $600, models such as Nokia N82, N95, SonyEricsson W960. etc...can get a reasonable good used quality phone for that price...

myself dun even spend so much on hp.. I dun thik i will psend that much to buy a hp for her.
the most expensive phone I ever have is the very 1st smallest phone from erricson in 1995. Cost me S$1200+
the best deal i have is my N95 for VND$3,000,000 from her friend. :D

cashier
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
What this mean?

That Ko? Sao dt ko nghe ? sao nhieu nhieu

e cam on a nhieu a cung gim suc knoe nhe.

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 01:22 PM
What this mean?

That Ko? Sao dt ko nghe ? sao nhieu nhieu

e cam on a nhieu a cung gim suc knoe nhe.

real or not? why call you no answer? lie alot

I thank you alot. You also take care of your health

KangTuo
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
see these sms, no mood liao...

VN: e fai lam sao cho a het nho e ne
Singlish: I must do what to let you don't miss/remember me

2) ko fai e ko thit a. e cung thit a nhung e thay e lam nghe nay ko co sung lam ban gai cua a chut nao ca! A hieu e noi ko?

3) e cung thit a lam nhung bay jo trong dau e chi bit nghi toi chuyen kiem tien vi ben vn e co thieu no, nhung bay jo e sap ve vn roi ma chua tra xong no nua e buon lam a ko co bit dau, lam sao ma e co thoi gian de suy nghi den tinh cam chu ko fai la e ko yeu a

4) neu a bit e nhu vay roi, ke tu ngay mai a dung nghi toi e nua dung thit e nua ko tot dau. e ko hop voi a dau, a hay yeu 1 nguoi nao do ma hop voi a di

5) a wen e di coi nhu chua wen bit ai ten xxxxxxx ca dc ko ha a

Wha is 'wen'?...seems to be a short form for some wording

Should i change target or should i be persistent... :confused:
probably move on to a new target from J51 and see how it goes if she come back again

cashier
03-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Bros,

What this mean?

Thanks for earlier translation..

Em di qua day la di lam nen rat can $. anh cung phai hieu

deptrai4u
03-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Bros,

What this mean?

Thanks for earlier translation..

Em di qua day la di lam nen rat can $. anh cung phai hieu

It means:

I go there is to work bcos I really need money. You also need to understand.

rjrj
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
see these sms, no mood liao...

VN: e fai lam sao cho a het nho e ne
Singlish: I must do what to let you don't miss/remember me

2) ko fai e ko thit a. e cung thit a nhung e thay e lam nghe nay ko co sung lam ban gai cua a chut nao ca! A hieu e noi ko?

3) e cung thit a lam nhung bay jo trong dau e chi bit nghi toi chuyen kiem tien vi ben vn e co thieu no, nhung bay jo e sap ve vn roi ma chua tra xong no nua e buon lam a ko co bit dau, lam sao ma e co thoi gian de suy nghi den tinh cam chu ko fai la e ko yeu a

4) neu a bit e nhu vay roi, ke tu ngay mai a dung nghi toi e nua dung thit e nua ko tot dau. e ko hop voi a dau, a hay yeu 1 nguoi nao do ma hop voi a di

5) a wen e di coi nhu chua wen bit ai ten xxxxxxx ca dc ko ha a

Wha is 'wen'?...seems to be a short form for some wording

probably move on to a new target from J51 and see how it goes if she come back again

5) first 'wen' = forget, second 'wen' as in 'wen biet' = know someone
just forget abt me, like u didn't ever know xxxxxxx

jackbl
04-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Haha, now the real master showing his real skill :D Long time no see! Hope u r still fine. See u again in sgp soon!

It means:

I go there is to work bcos I really need money. You also need to understand.

technofreak
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Some words from an sms I don't get it:-

1) Vai ngay

2) dien thoai em bi mat roi. What's "bi mat"?

3) em chi biet co 1 cau do thoi. em dang co gang de hoc nhieu hon nhu the.

4) anh co tinh rang em yeu ong la xu that ko?

5) dung gian em vai bua nua em qua.

Bro Jackbl need your help...Thanks. :)

Cheers,
Techno

deptrai4u
04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Haha, now the real master showing his real skill :D Long time no see! Hope u r still fine. See u again in sgp soon!

Aiyoh, this thread got many si fu ah.... i only pop in to take a look at little vietnam scene in Singapore. Anyway, something interesting that I noted:

1. Now, viet girls are swarming to Singapore just like the Gold Rush days in the west and the Hello Kitty days in Mcdonalds Singapore.

2. Those who are already in Singapore, most cannot money, just wasted their time, and also at risk of being arrested which has happened to many already.

3. Viet girls in Singapore nowadays are pretty surprised by the Vietnamese literacy level of you guys, in fact they are beginning to have some idea that nearly every other singapore guy can speak some vietnamese! ;-)

Anyway, you guys stay cool... over the next 2 months, the next very very big wave of viet girls from North and South will swamp you guys in your very own backyard from Joo Chiat to Lor 28. Scary....!

jackbl
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
i only know those simple one... maybe after i studied the lesson material which i requested fr u then i may be able to help u to translate... :D

dun know when i can start to read the 1st chapter :D

1) Vai ngay

Cheers,
Techno

deptrai4u
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM

1) Vai ngay

Cheers,
Techno

I hijack... irresistable!

1) nowadays (i think)
2) bit mat = lost. I lost my phone already.
3) I only know 1 thing for sure that I need to quickly focus and learn much more like this..
4) do you beleive that I really love you? (in context, here could mean 2 things... a) You think i love you ah, silly boy! b)pls believe that I really love you lah)
5) Pls dun get angry with me if I borrow from you 1 more time when i come over.

jackbl
04-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Your pop-up is most welcome as i seldom see u post in this thread. Too busy in hanoi?? Your help will be greatly appreciated as your level of viet can easily help many to translate and solve their query :p

Item 3, for all my fren that chiong these places, and interested i will try to guide them if they shown passion in it, i will burn the CD that i given to a few bro here, to start their virgin lesson on viet. can say that most that i go out know how to speak viet, at least 10 sentences. Whether useful to them or not, its up to individuals.

Aiyoh, this thread got many si fu ah.... i only pop in to take a look at little vietnam scene in Singapore. Anyway, something interesting that I noted:

3. Viet girls in Singapore nowadays are pretty surprised by the Vietnamese literacy level of you guys, in fact they are beginning to have some idea that nearly every other singapore guy can speak some vietnamese! ;-)

Anyway, you guys stay cool... over the next 2 months, the next very very big wave of viet girls from North and South will swamp you guys in your very own backyard from Joo Chiat to Lor 28. Scary....!

jackbl
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
My interpretation which different from Bro Deptrai:

3) I only know that 1 sentence. I am diligently learning more than this

5) Dun angry me, some of this days i go over

Cheers,
Techno

RJ2004
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM

nothing stopping you from eyeing new targets while she is away... btw, yest nite at M51 was the best congregation of stocks that i have seen in years :eek:

think i will drop by J51 to get a better view :D

Hurricane88
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM

1) nowadays (i think)
3) I only know 1 thing for sure that I need to quickly focus and learn much more like this..
4) do you beleive that I really love you? (in context, here could mean 2 things... a) You think i love you ah, silly boy! b)pls believe that I really love you lah)

Bro, I am impressed....keep sharing ...:)

alien69
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi Bros,

I went to Mask 51... And I want to tell the girl:

I like your touching. It makes me so HORNY...

How to say the above in vietnamese?

jackbl
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I try to give u the best translation as i cant find HORNY in dict,

Anh thich em mo anh, cho anh như sừng.....

Hi Bros,

Mercedes
04-09-2008, 05:15 PM
:D:D:D

Anh thich em mo con ku.

cashier
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Bro,

How to say, i dun want your body, i want your heart?

also what this mean?

e can a va cung can tien ve viet nam

jackbl
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
I need u and also need money go back vietnam.

Hi Bro,

also what this mean?

rjrj
05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi Bro,

How to say, i dun want your body, i want your heart?

also what this mean?

anh muon co duoc trai tim em hon la the xac em :D

jackbl
05-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Be very careful if u are travelling to find some fren, best of all will be fren bring u there.....

HCMC street names, numbers a basket case

Both Vietnamese and foreign visitors often find themselves lost in a nonsensical web of Ho Chi Minh City streets, where names repeat and addresses don’t make sense.

With hundreds of streets sharing the same name and house numbers going up and down in different directions, finding your way around the southern hub can be a bit like finding your way around Mars.

No direction home

Nguyen Quang Liem, a resident at 16/9 Pham Van Chieu Street in Go Vap District’s Ward 9, said there was another house sharing his address on the same street.

Postal deliveries have been confused for years.

Liem also said that no one has been able to find his house since authorities re-drew the local wards in late 2006, transferring his neighborhood from Ward 12 to Ward 9.

Now, he is technically in Ward 9, but his address is still in Ward 12 on all official paperwork and the house numbers outside homes in his neighborhood still say Ward 12.

Making matters worse, most of the house numbers on Pham Van Chieu Street are labeled with a slash mark, which indicates houses that are in small alleys off the main road.

But even the homes directly on the street have slash marks.

Representative Luu Dai Hai from the Ward 9 People’s Committee said that local police had given temporary numbers to these houses years ago as a way to better manage the area.

But he admitted that many of these old numbers still existed and that many were grossly out of order.

Hai said ward officials would be willing to revise the residents’ address if necessary to make their administrative paperwork procedures less complicated.

In Phu Nhuan District, some houses are labeled in numerical order based on their location on the street, while other addresses also contain the “block number” that construction companies arbitrarily gave them without official approval.

Thus, the address of the Phu Nhuan Construction Techniques Joint Stock Company – 14/C 12A Phan Xich Long Street – is nearly impossible to find unless you know which is the house number, which is the block number.

One out of many

Last month, a mother from the central province of Quang Tri came to visit her daughter in HCMC.

The girl told her mother she was staying at the intersection of Tran Hung Dao and Tan Da streets.

The mother searched around the intersection in District 5 through the early hours of the morning until she found out the girl was staying at an intersection of the same name in District 9, 20 km away.

Many streets share the same name, including Ly Thuong Kiet streets in Go Vap and Tan Binh districts and Phan Van Tri streets in Go Vap District and District 5.

Adding to the confusion is an area in Tan Binh District where four streets named Hoang Viet intersect each other consecutively.

Statistics from HCMC Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism showed that 120 names were used twice to name different city streets.

Names are strange

In District 8, a new street was recently named 332 Chanh Hung Street because it crossed Chanh Hung Street next to the house number 332.

But Chanh Hung Street’s name has since been changed to Pham Hung, while 332 Chanh Hung Street still carries the strange name.

Even government offices are confusingly numbered.

The District 8 People’s Committee is located at “No. 4 on 1011 Pham The Hien Street” and the District Communist Party Unit’s office – which is next door – is labeled as “No. 2 on 1011 Street.”

Then there are 30 streets in the Phu My Hung new urban area carrying English names that many Vietnamese can’t read, such as S Ave North, West 8th St and H Ave.

Local authorities decided to name these streets after famous Vietnamese figures in 2002, but no work has since been done on this issue.

But Ta Duc Thanh, an official from the city’s Southern Area Management Board, said residents are often confused by street name changes.

Two years ago, the Street Name Committee asked the city’s Association of History and Science to provide a list of historic names – people and locations – that could be used to name and rename streets.

The association provided 223 but next to none of them have been used.

No method to madness

According to committee secretary Phan Trong Hien, local authorities aren’t sure of what criteria they should use to name streets.

“Street naming has several requirements. In order to be named, a street must be at least 200 meters in length and the distance between the center of the street and houses on either side must be at least 12 meters. We also have to consider the relationship between the name to be given and the specific area,” he said.

According to Hien, street names in HCMC and Hanoi must also be approved by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the cities’ People’s Councils.

According to a 1998 decision issued by the HCMC People’s Committee, addresses in districts 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, Phu Nhuan, Binh

Thanh, Tan Binh, Go Vap, Hoc Mon, Binh Chanh, Cu Chi, must ascend from east to west, south to north.

However, another regulation issued by the Ministry of Construction required house numbers to be marked from north to south, east to west, northeast to southwest, and southeast to northwest.

In the meantime, head of the Go Vap District Urban Management Board Do Anh Khang said his district would move forward by renumbering houses on Quang Trung Street in line with the Ministry of Construction rule as the HCMC committee has said it would revise its decision in line with the ministry’s.

Khang also said the district authorities would consider a plan to change the numbers of all houses in the district in 2009.

Reported by Chi Quoc – Nguyen Trieu

Hurricane88
05-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Bros,

Bro, welcome to little Vn....up you liao....:)

technofreak
05-09-2008, 03:14 PM
i only know those simple one... maybe after i studied the lesson material which i requested fr u then i may be able to help u to translate...dun know when i can start to read the 1st chapter.

Sorry for the delay...Been busy at work so no time to zap in office. Will do it soon...;)

1) nowadays (i think)

Pls hijack more often thay giao Deptrai...Your assistance is deeply appreciated. A zillion thanks to u...Already upp your points the last time. :)

My interpretation which different from Bro Deptrai:

3) I only know that 1 sentence. I am diligently learning more than this

5) Dun angry me, some of this days i go over

Different meaning nevermind...Will consult my other long-haired dictionary. Thanks. :)

Anh thich em mo con ku.

Anh rat thich em mo con cu cua anh...Lam anh nung cac muon lam tinh roi!!! :D

alien69
06-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi bro,

After I told the girl that" I am so Horny"

She says this:
kg nho a sao e noi chuyen vo a a co nho e kg ...

Now what the hell this mean?

Sha_Gua75
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi bro,

After I told the girl that" I am so Horny"

She says this:
kg nho a sao e noi chuyen vo a a co nho e kg ...

Now what the hell this mean?

something along this line.... no miss u, why i chat with u, u have miss me or not

vigo69
07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
can any kind bro translate this
minh dang coi film money no enough

Sha_Gua75
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM

Meaning Behind: I no money now, give me money if not dont disturb me watching film

KangTuo
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM

I am watching film "money no enough"

Hurricane88
07-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Meaning Behind: I no money now, give me money if not dont disturb me watching film

One sentence to meanings....fun with tieng viet...:)

cashier
07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi bros,

what this mean:

mami ko cho nghi lam. e cung muon gap a

sorry to ask many times liao.. cant find a thing to translate this..

Hurricane88
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi bros,

what this mean:

mami ko cho nghi lam. e cung muon gap a

sorry to ask many times liao.. cant find a thing to translate this..

I try to translate....not accurate pls forgive me...

Mummy dun let me rest or off day from work. I also want to meet you.

Meaning is very simple, everyday I need to work...no time to meet you even if I want to meet...meet me at my working place...spent more money....:)

My two cents worth....:)

deptrai4u
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I try to translate....not accurate pls forgive me...

Mummy dun let me rest or off day from work. I also want to meet you.

Meaning is very simple, everyday I need to work...no time to meet you even if I want to meet...meet me at my working place...spent more money....:)

My two cents worth....:)

Wow bro,

Like ur translation very much. not only language translation but also cultural aspects as well. I think this kind of translation is best! Up u!

jackbl
09-09-2008, 01:48 AM
She is watching this film with another man liao :( ....... hihi

jackbl
09-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Murky origins, but ancient festival still enjoyable
==================================
Children check out paper lanterns - an integral element in celebrating the Mid-Autumn festival. The Mid-Autumn festival has something for everyone - children, parents and grandparents are all honored. People of all ages get to eat mooncakes as well.

It remains unknown when the Mid-Autumn festival was first celebrated in Vietnam. Archeologists say that pictures depicting Mid-Autumn festivities appear on the Ngoc Lu bronze drum, one of Vietnam’s most ancient drums.

According to the steles at the Doi Pagoda in northern Ha Nam Province, people in Thang Long (Ascending Dragon) capital – nowadays called Hanoi - began to celebrate the event in 1121 under the Ly Dynasty, with such activities as lantern processions, water puppetry and boat racing.

The Ly Dynasty, from 1009 to 1225, was one of the country’s most prosperous periods.

The event grew even more popular during the time Vietnam’s north and south were ruled by the Trinh and Nguyen lords in the 17th and 18th centuries, with the lords holding sumptuous celebrations to mark the event.

Appealing tales

During the Mid-Autumn festival, parents usually tell their children fairy tales while serving them mooncakes and other special treats under the silvery moon.

One of the popular folk tales is Ca hoa rong (A carp turns into a dragon), which tells of a carp who works hard and eventually transforms itself into a dragon.

Parents use this story to encourage their children to study so that they can achieve whatever they desire.

Vietnamese also recount the story of Chi Hang, the Moon Lady, who took an immortality pill and became so light she flew to the moon, where a jade rabbit now keeps her company.

Parents buy mooncakes several weeks before Tet Trung Thu, the Mid-Autumn festival.

There is also another story about a man named Chu Cuoi who discovered a magic banyan tree with special healing power.

He planted the tree in his yard but his wife forgot his care instructions and watered the tree with dirty liquids. The tree uprooted itself and flew away. As it left, Chu Cuoi grabbed onto its roots and rose to the moon.

During Tet Trung Thu, when the moon is roundest and brightest, people try to make out the shape of Cuoi and the magic banyan tree.

Children’s Mid-Autumn lantern processions are designed to show Cuoi the way back to earth.

Exciting activities

Tet Trung Thu was originally called Tet Trong Trang (Moon Contemplating Festival) as the main activities were sipping wine and admiring the moon.

Today a host of alluring activities have been added to the festival.

Preparations are made several days prior to the event, with shops selling mooncakes and lanterns lining the streets.

People still make offerings to ancestors during the 15th day and mooncakes are an indispensable part of the offerings.

Mooncakes, which are believed to first appear during China’s Yuan Dynasty (1280-1368), are traditionally round in shape, symbolizing the full moon.

The roundness of the moon also signifies unity and harmony and the delicacy is often called “the cake of reunion.” Some varieties are rectangular, however.

The cakes are small, yet heavy and dense.

Typical mooncakes are about 10 centimeters in diameter and 3 to 4 centimeters thick.

They contain a thick filling, which can contain bean paste, ham, chicken, salted egg yolks, nuts and seeds. The filling is covered by a very thin crust, usually 2 to 3 millimeters thick.

Banh deo (glutinous mooncake) are white and can be the size of a tray.

In addition to mooncakes with traditional flavors, variations of the festival favorite - French-styled, chocolate, taro, and red bean - are also offered.

The cakes, which taste best three days after being baked, are usually served with aromatic tea.

In addition to mooncakes, a Trung Thu feast also includes fruits such as sugar cane, star fruit and pomelo dexterously crafted intoshapes such as lions or qilins (mythical hoofed creatures that have dragon-like heads), dried or dyed papayas and intricate animals made of dough.

Families in the countryside also gather to make banh duc (rice-flour cakes) which symbolize the full moon.

Women also take part in feast preparation and mooncake-making competitions.

Tet Trung Thu has many traditional activities that appeal to children.

Kids begin lantern processions at dusk and when the moon is at its fullest and brightest, parading along the streets singing songs and swinging their lanterns.

Traditional lanterns are made of cellophane glued on bamboo frames and feature stars, cute animals or kids’ favorite cartoon characters.

With a candle inside, the twinkle of lanterns reflects the glow of the moon.

There are also den keo quan, lanterns which spin around with moving pictures of people and horses that recreate battle scenes from old tales.

The lantern symbolizes the earth revolving around the sun.

Though electric lanterns are now available, traditional ones are still popular as children enjoy taking care of their lanterns so that the candles will not blow out.

Children can also show off their colorful, ornate lanterns in competitions.

Besides lanterns, other toys such as animals made of rice dough, paper and porcelain, dragon or qilin heads, Earth Lord masks and handmade dolls, are an indispensable part of the festival for children.

Lion dancing

Dazzling performances of mua su tu or mua lan (lion or qilin dances) are also part of the festival.

The lion dance is a traditional dance in Chinese and Vietnamese culture, in which performers wearing lion or qilin costumes mimic the animals’ movements to the beat of drums.

Ong Dia (Earth Lord), who has a round, smiling face representing prosperity and wealth of the earth, dances around the lion or qilin, urging the procession on.

During Tet Trung Thu, children dance happily with lion heads on sidewalks or in parks and playgrounds.

During the festival, kids also perform their own lion dances. For weeks before the actual day, kids would practice in their neighborhoods.

On the 14th and 15th, groups of children roam the streets banging drums. A chosen few dress up in lion or qilin costumes.

People hang money in high places and the youngsters use a bamboo pole and ropes to help the child in the qilin costume climb up to grab the money.

Homeowners also reward the kids’ efforts with candies and cakes.

Kids’ lion dances are always a popular sight, drawing large crowds of spectators.

Folk singing

Youths in the northern region take part in hat trong quan in which groups of girls and boys take turns singing, challenging and responding to each other.

Their singing is backed by strumming on a steel string hanging over a hollow container.

The verses of the songs, which are sometimes improvised, must rhyme. Tet Trung Thu is the perfect time for families to get together, sip tea, savor mooncakes, exchange intimate conversations and contemplate the bright moon in the clear sky.

At this time, those who live away from home often miss their families and pine for a reunion.

The festival is also a chance for children to express gratitude to their grandparents and parents.

It is also the time parents lavish attention on young children, indulging them with mooncakes, lanterns and other treats.

However, the event is not all about pampering kids.

Kids learn from their grandparents and parents how to prepare and arrange the festival dinner.

There is usually a "doctorate holder" made of paper or dough on the feast’s tray to remind them to achieve good results in their studies.

It is also during the event that one shows thoughtful consideration for relatives and friends by gifting them mooncakes in red packs.

Reported by Diem Thu

jackbl
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Old news but good to share. Vietnam so poor but the ppl still donate to the richer CHINA.....

Vietnam raises $554,000 for victims in China, Myanmar
===================================
Vietnamese people have donated more than VND9 billion to crisis victims in Myanmar and China this week. (30th May 2008)

The US$554,000 in donations was made through the Vietnam Red Cross Association.

The organization is still calling for donations nationwide.

According to Chinese government statistics, the deadly 7.8-magnitude earthquake that struck the southwestern province of Sichuan on May 12 has caused an estimated 68,109 deaths and 364,553 injuries.

Meanwhile, cyclone Nargis, which tore through Myanmar on May 2, has killed an estimated 78,000 people, left 56,000 missing and caused $11 billion in damages.

Reported by Quang Duan

jackbl
10-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Touch of Taoism
================

Can Tho City, as the largest municipality in the Mekong Delta, is a well-traveled tourist stop that features numerous temples, pagodas and ancient houses.

Among these structures, Nam Nha Temple is a site definitely worth a visit due to its impressive architecture and eclectic characteristics.

The shrine, also known as Minh Su Temple, was established in 1895 by Thai Nguyen Giac Duyen and is nowadays located at 612 Cach Mang Thang Tam Street in Binh Thuy District’s An Thoi Ward.

According to local residents, it is situated on a sacred piece of land facing the Binh Thuy River, which undulates like a dragon nursing a pearl in its mouth.

Surrounding the perimeter of the temple is a garden filled with ancient trees and bonsais nearly 100 years old.

Behind the temple lies a tranquil orchard.

The special thing about Nam Nha Temple is that resident monks and nuns are influenced by Taoism, so they don’t necessarily eat vegetarian food, have shaven heads, or wear brown gowns like the regular occupants of Buddhist pagodas.

The structure formerly had three compartments with tile roofs.

After two restorations in 1917 and 1923, the temple was enlarged but still retains its original beauty and architectural style.

The central complex reserved for worshiping and praying is located inside a five-compartment building.

It has an altar honoring the founder of the pagoda as well as altars for the founders of Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism, replete with statues of Confucius, Laozi, and the Sakyamuni Buddha.

Behind the altars finds a long corridor leading to two rooms for receiving guests and a graveyard that serves as the resting site for people who originally built the pagoda and individuals who took part in the Dong Du movement, an intellectual and anti-French movement in the early 20th century.

Visiting this site, tourists will have an opportunity to survey exquisite architecture, learn about the influence of Taoism in the southern region and the Dong Du movement of national democrat Phan Boi Chau (1867-1940), as well as relax in the airy setting of the green garden set beside somnolent river banks.

Reported by Diem Thu

jackbl
10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
The following report makes me think of eating the dessert at district 10, Nguyen Tri Phong, early this yr

Che: the pudding, not Guevara
==========================

At a popular Ho Chi Minh City che shop, it’s not uncommon for snacking students to order 3 bowls of the traditional hot pudding in one sitting.

On a recent visit, Thanh Nien Daily met a group of four kids who finished a dozen bowls in five minutes.

“It’s delicious,” said one of them.

“There are many kinds of che here,” said another, pointing to the dozen empty bowls that only a few minutes before were filled with hot and colorful che.

For some 30 years, the small che shop on Su Van Hanh Street has been crowded with locals satisfying their sweet tooth.

A few plastic tables and chairs, a glass cupboard and one or two cookers are the shop’s major assets.

But perhaps it’s the shop’s simplicity that makes its che taste so good.

The shop has no name, just a sign that reads “12 kinds of che, VND1,000 (US$0.06) per bowl.” The price is hard to beat.

The shop has changed ownership a few times in its history, but its menu has stood the test of time.

Of the 12 kinds of che offered, the most popular are corn, taro, black bean and green bean.

Owner Huu Nhan, whose aunt gave him the shop in 2003, said that most people order more than one kind of che at a time, as each taste is strong and eating too much of one sweet flavor can be a bit overwhelming.

Nhan says he receives around 500 customers from 3 p.m.-11 p.m. everyday.

Laughter and small talk from the shop mix with the bustling atmosphere of Su Van Hanh Street.

My Lien, a HCMC University of Sciences student, said the shop is her favorite.

She said that nowhere in Saigon was the che so colorful, sweet and cheap.

To get to the shop from Ben Thanh Market, travel along Tran Hung Dao St. until you hit Nguyen Van Cu St.

After turning right on Nguyen Van Cu, turn left at An Duong Vuong St., which then hits Su Van Hanh St.

Turn right and you’ll hit the shop after 500 meters.

Reported by Phuong Anh

jackbl
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
For those whose gf is fr BAC LIEU, here's some info:

Experiencing Bac Lieu
==================
The famous French-style mansion of Tran Trinh Huy, once regarded as the richest man of the South, is now a magnificent hotel and restaurant

Bac Lieu, a province in the southeast of the Mekong Delta by the East Sea, has many places of interest.

In Bac Lieu Town, Cong Tu Bac Lieu Hotel and Restaurant is a well-known tourist spot.

Managed by Bac Lieu Province’s Department of Trade and Tourism, the hotel and restaurant by the Bac Lieu River used to be the childhood house of Tran Trinh Huy (1900-1973).

Known as Ba Huy or “cong tu Bac Lieu,” he was the son of a mandarin regarded as the Mekong Delta’s richest person.

Although the French-style villa has been converted into a hotel and renovated many times, the original architecture remains.

Guests can experience the richness and lifestyle of Ba Huy’s family.

Apart from the Cong Tu Bac Lieu Hotel and Restaurant, tourists can spend their leisure time at the sea of Bac Lieu, about seven kilometers away.

The sea here does not have cliffs and white sands, like the seaside towns of Vung Tau, Nha Trang and Phan Thiet-Mui Ne, but it abounds in marine resources thanks to the silt from the Mekong River system.

Tourists can stroll on the beach and enjoy fresh seafood at the Huong Bien Restaurant.

Leaving the sea of Bac Lieu, tourists can visit the longan orchards about two kilometers away.

Bac Lieu longans are famous for their flavor though they don’t have as much flesh as longans of other regions.

In the longan gardens, visitors can relax in hammocks in the shade of longan trees and enjoy banh xeo Bac Lieu (Bac Lieu-style rice pancake with pork, shrimp, bean sprouts, green beans, vegetables and fish sauce) and longan wine.

Bac Lieu is about six hours from Ho Chi Minh City by car.

It is an ideal destination for discovering nature, studying history and relaxing.

Reported by Diem Thu

jackbl
10-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Hoi An, another famous tourist attraction in central vn, its near to Danang...

Topless tanning staggers locals at central Vietnam beach
======================================

On a recent walk along a beach in the famous central tourist city of Hoi An, Thanh Nien reporters accidentally caught a group of foreign visitors sunbathing half-naked onsite, in a sight quite unfamiliar in Vietnam.

Thanh Nien has reported the case and transferred photographs of several female tourists seen bare to the waist at Cua Dai Beach to Hoi An Town’s Sports and Culture Center.

“I will deliver the information to responsible agencies,” the center’s director Vo Phung said.

Phung said he was astonished upon seeing the photos, adding that he had been informed by locals about half-naked tourists sunbathing at the beach but relevant authorities had been directed to preempt the situation.

If nude sunbathing is a need for a large number of Hoi An’s tourists, it would be feasible for the local administration to consider demarcating a nude beach to prevent naked tourists from intermixing with other visitors of Cua Dai Beach.

Apart from Cua Dai, Hoi An is also home to Cu Lao Cham (Cham Island), an archipelago with eight islands where a nude beach could be allocated.

Reported by Dang Ngoc Khoa

Hurricane88
10-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Bro Jackbl, thank you fro sharing all the news...enjoyed reading...:)

jackbl
11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Hope that the news wont be a bother cos too many words to read :D

Bro Jackbl, thank you fro sharing all the news...enjoyed reading...:)

cashier
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
hi,

what this mean. 2 ngay nua e ve vietnam roi. e muon di hotel voi anh

Intel Ops
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
2 ngay nua e ve vietnam roi. e muon di hotel voi anh

something along this line....
going to return to vn in 2 days. i want you to poke me.

another way: ......i want to trap you....

Sha_Gua75
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
hi,

what this mean. 2 ngay nua e ve vietnam roi. e muon di hotel voi anh

Meaning Behind: 2 days more I am going back vietnam....I still not enough money....pls go hotel with me so that I can ask u for money....I need to ask u go becos no other guy willing to go with me liao

naemlo
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Meaning Behind: 2 days more I am going back vietnam....I still not enough money....pls go hotel with me so that I can ask u for money....I need to ask u go becos no other guy willing to go with me liao

Asked u to translate n u added in so many other words. :D

Pongo
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
any bros here know any site to d/l viet songs ?? :D

Pongo
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
oh ya bro naemlo ... now u also into Viet scene liao ah ??? :D:D

KangTuo
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
any bros here know any site to d/l viet songs ?? :D

Nghe Nh?c|Nghe Nhac| Mp3| NHANH NH?T VI?T NAM | Nh?c Gì C?ng Có |Tìm Là Th?y! (http://www10.nhac.vui.vn/Home/)

{--} nhacSO.net | nghe nhac truc tuyen mien phi ~ Nghe nhac, nghenhac, nghe nh?c, nghe nhac online, nghe nhac truc tuyen (http://www.nhacso.net/Music/)

Nh?c vi?t - VietNamNet (http://nhacviet.vietnamnet.vn/vn/index.aspx)

naemlo
12-09-2008, 12:13 AM
oh ya bro naemlo ... now u also into Viet scene liao ah ??? :D:D

Friend, I'm in the scene yearsssssss ago. I forget my first viet sex liao. :D

jackbl
12-09-2008, 01:04 AM
wher have u been? long time no see ur postings here

cashier
12-09-2008, 07:07 AM
guys,

what this mean:

toi nay a di hotel voi e dc ko. e can tien ve vietnam. ngay mai e ve roi. hon a nhieu.

what does a , e and dc means?

jackbl
12-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Tonite u go hotel with me can or not? i need money go back vn. Tomor I go back already. Kiss u alot.

If u dun wan, and u wanna help out this gal, give her some money. If she needs alot of money then thats the only way out :(

guys,

what this mean:

toi nay a di hotel voi e dc ko. e can tien ve vietnam. ngay mai e ve roi. hon a nhieu.

technofreak
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM

a = anh

e = em

dc = duoc

cashier
12-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Tonite u go hotel with me can or not? i need money go back vn. Tomor I go back already. Kiss u alot.

If u dun wan, and u wanna help out this gal, give her some money. If she needs alot of money then thats the only way out :(

dunnoe siah. she is the hottest or one of the top 3 VN gals found sitting at lor 18 and 23..

if she really need so much i dun mind, but hate pure KC. anyway she is under okt so do her also she just get like 30-50% of what i pay.

Hurricane88
12-09-2008, 06:28 PM
dunnoe siah. she is the hottest or one of the top 3 VN gals found sitting at lor 18 and 23..

if she really need so much i dun mind, but hate pure KC. anyway she is under okt so do her also she just get like 30-50% of what i pay.

Bro, better take caution...:)

jackbl
14-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Pearls in the East Sea
==================

Con Dao beach boasts a magnificent view merging mountains and the ocean. Con Dao Archipelago, a group of islands off the shore of Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, is an ideal getaway combining land and sea.

Con Dao promises tourists a delightful and relaxing vacation this summer.

Earlier this week, we traveled to Con Dao on a well-equipped boat that had been upgraded from a fishing vessel.

The boat ran at a smooth speed of about 20 km/h, the perfect speed to relax, sightsee and take plenty of photos.

The vessel anchored one kilometer off the shore of Bay Canh Islet and our large group was divided in two.

One group went off to swim in the sea and the other began a diving tour.

Underwater, we discovered a world of brilliant coral.

Various species of colorful fish swam around the reefs and we were told we might even see a large, yet gentle sea turtle.

The best places for diving to view coral are Con Son Bay, Bay Canh Islet, Tai Islet, and Tre Islet.

Of these, Bay Canh Islet is the most favored by tourists as it is an ideal spot to swim, dive, have a delicious seafood lunch, and take a lazy nap outdoors.

At 5 p.m., in the center of Con Dao Island, we took a car to Tinh Yeu (Love) Peak.

As the sun began dropping below the western skyline, the whole area changed to luminous shades blue, red, yellow and violet.

It was truly spectacular.

The Con Dao District of Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province consists of 14 islands, the biggest of which is Con Dao (Con Lon/Con Son) Island with an area of 51.5 square kilometers.

Con Dao’s coastline stretches 200 kilometers boasting many beautiful beaches, mountains and forests.

To get to Con Dao Island, visitors can take a plane or boat starting from either the beach town of Vung Tau which is 185 km from the island or from Ho Chi Minh City which is 230 km away.

Reported by Ha Thu Thuy

Sha_Gua75
14-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Asked u to translate n u added in so many other words. :D

This one is called full service :D

Sha_Gua75
14-09-2008, 11:05 AM

There is plenty of "hottest" viet girl....:o

jackbl
14-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Trust Bro SG, he saw more "hottest" girl than we eat salt....... :D

So where normally u go to see these hottest gals? can intro/recommend?

There is plenty of "hottest" viet girl....:o

Sha_Gua75
14-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Trust Bro SG, he saw more "hottest" girl than we eat salt....... :D

So where normally u go to see these hottest gals? can intro/recommend?

Drink more then they become hot :D

SexSells
14-09-2008, 03:49 PM
There are lots of viets gals these days in ktvs and pubs, drink and bonk with them till qua met moi :D

jackbl
14-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry bro for my ignorance, what is QUA MET MOI? care to explain?

There are lots of viets gals these days in ktvs and pubs, drink and bonk with them till qua met moi :D

jackbl
14-09-2008, 06:53 PM
‘Little Ha Long Bay’
================

Long An Lake in Buu Long Park resembles a smaller version of northern Ha Long Bay. With a cluster of rocks and mountains in its midst, the lake – located in a cultural park 30 km outside of Ho Chi Minh City – brings to mind a smaller version of northern Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay.

Long An Lake looks particularly charming on a quiet afternoon.

In the late 18th century, the Nguyen clan was defeated by the Tay Son troops and Nguyen Anh, a prominent member of the clan was forced to flee, stopping at what is now the Buu Long Cultural Park in Bien Hoa Town in the province of Dong Nai.

In 1802, Anh unified the country, became the Gia Long Emperor and established the Nguyen Dynasty, the last monarchy of Vietnam.

The name of the lake, Long An, or the Dragon – a popular Asian symbol for the King – is thus derived from this historical period.

The rocks in the middle of the lake, the park’s key attraction, tell an even more interesting story.

These rocks were once part of a bigger cluster of mountains but after years of intensive mining by locals, the mountains became what they are now – small rocky outcrops scattered throughout the lake.

The cultural ministry has designated the park a nationally protected site.

Visitors can tour the lake by boat and for families with kids, Buu Long Park offers a mini-amusement park with merry-go-rounds, ball houses and roller coasters.

Additional interesting features include a set of exactly 100 steps that lead up a nearby hill to a 17th-century pagoda which exhibits items from the ancient Nguyen Dynasty.

Tourists can enjoy being outside amongst the trees and carefully pruned tropical plants.

And for those looking for a more peaceful, quiet escape, a simple restaurant offers a full view of the lake where one can sit and sip Vietnamese coffee while gazing out at the water.

Entrance fee: VND10,000 (US$0.61.) per person

Reported by Phuong Anh

jackbl
15-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Vietname also got smart IT talents........... :D

Vietnamese IT students make country proud

When security flaws in both Google and Microsoft software were discovered, Vietnam was proud to say it was two of their young computer experts who found the glitches.

Le Duc Anh, 21, at Bach Khoa Internet Security Center (BKIS) in Hanoi Polytechniques University was the one who first discovered the Chrome error.

“When Google released Chrome on September 1, we started examining the system only two days later,” Duc Anh said in an interview with Thanh Nien.

“Google had advertised a lot about this browsing system, in terms of its security function.

The consequences of Google products containing errors could be huge considering how widely its products are used.”

The students found that Chrome release 0.2.149.27 is susceptible to a critical buffer-overflow flaw, which could enable a remote attacker to take control of the computer, specifically in its “SaveAs” function.

According to U.S-based PC World magazine, the hacker can trick users into saving web pages that contain overly long “title” tags and subsequently execute malicious codes on the machine.

BKIS had formed several groups examining Chrome’s vulnerability.

Duc Anh discovered the buffer-overflow flaw on September 4 and the error was sent to Google the next day.

Google confirmed the error on September 9 and replied with a patch.

About the same time, Microsoft also confirmed another BKIS report indicating that its Windows Media Encoder contained a similar flaw.

Le Manh Tung, a college senior at Hanoi Polytechniques University, is only 22, but has had three years working in Internet security.

He was assigned to study Windows Microsoft Encoder and found the error in March 2008.

Both said they were simply “lucky” to discover the flaws in the two systems.

According to Nguyen Tu Quang, director of BKIS, the company had reported the system error to Microsoft in March but it was not until September 10 that Microsoft issued the patch for its Windows Media Encoder.

In a statement on the BKIS website, Nguyen Minh Duc, a department head at the center, said that Vietnam has made “a significant contribution” to global Internet security.

Reported by Truong Son

jackbl
15-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Mekong secrets revealed
==================

In fact, we had left the fevered metropolis only 10 hours before.

In that time, we had strolled, cycled and cruised around the shady lanes and waterways of Thoi Son Island, near My Tho.

Locals stopped their motorbikes to encourage us to eat “the fruit with no name” and longans, warm from the sun.

We were soon as relaxed as the dogs sleeping in the middle of the road.

We spent that night at a “secret” village.

Hanh, the gracious hostess of our homestay met our barge and led us through the village to her orchard, where we sampled oranges and pomelos from a local orchard.

The hostess and her daughter cooked a feast on their small wood-fired stove.

When I mentioned to the guide I’d only just discovered che, the Vietnamese dessert, within minutes Hanh was cooking up a big batch for us.

What we couldn’t eat, she turned into kem (ice-cream).

Before we were properly awake the next day, we were aboard a boat, deep in the heart of a floating market.

Here, in typical Mekong Delta style, vendors display their wares at the end of long poles on top of their boats.

Pineapples and pumpkins swayed above us as we ate sticky rice for breakfast.

The meal was completed in the local village, with strong Vietnamese coffee.

We were then put to work, helping to shop for lunch.

We poked at slimy eels as the stallholder cleaned and gutted a fish for us.

We marveled at snakes, frogs and cow heads as we hunted for the items on our shopping list.

Back “home,” we chopped and mixed and rolled and, with the assistance of Hanh and her daughter, created another feast.

We felt immensely proud of our efforts as we tucked in, fortifying ourselves for our return to HCMC.

Innoviet Tours, including the two-day “Touch the Untouched Land,” can be booked through their office at 158 Bui Vien Street, District 1, HCMC.

More information is available at Saigon tours Saigon activities BOOKING (http://www.innoviet.com).

Reported by Barbara Adam

jackbl
15-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Vietnam achieves in first showing at int’l math contest
==================================
The Vietnamese team was ranked 16th out of 90 teams at the 15th International Mathematics Competition for University Students held in Bulgaria last month. (July)

Students from the University of Natural Sciences in Hanoi took a first prize, a second prize and two third prizes in various events, said the school’s dean, Professor Bui Duy Cam.

He said it was encouraging that Vietnam had done so well in its first appearance at the contest, which wrapped up July 31.

Eotvos University Budapest took first place overall while Moscow State University took second, according to results announced by the contest organizing board.

University teams from 40 nations and territories attended the event July 25-31.

Source: VNA

jackbl
15-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Vietnam grabs 4 physics Olympiad gold medals
Host Vietnam won four gold medals and one bronze at the annual 39th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) which wrapped up in Hanoi Monday, the nation’s best ever performance at the event.

At the event, China and Chinese Taiwan gained five gold medals each, followed by the Republic of Korea, India and the US with four gold medals and one silver medal each.

The four Vietnamese gold medalists were Huynh Minh Toan from central Da Nang City, Nguyen Tat Nghia from central Nghe An Province and Do Hoang Anh and Nguyen Duc Minh from Hanoi.

Tran Anh Vu, also from Hanoi, took home the bronze medal.

A total of 376 high school students from 82 countries and regions sat intensive theoretical and experimental exams, which began on July 20.

The 40th IPhO will be held in Mexico in 2009.

Reported by Bao Van

jackbl
15-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Vietnam captures two gold medals at international math olympiad
==========================================
Two Vietnamese students won gold medals at the 49th International Mathematical Olympiad held in Spain, which will wrap up today, according to the Ministry of Education and Training.

The recipients were Hoang Duc Y and Le Ngoc Anh, both students of Lam Son High School in the central Thanh Hoa Province.

Of the four remaining Vietnamese students who took part in the 13-day competition, two were awarded silver medals and two received bronze medals.

Vietnamese students also won three bronze medals and a certificate of merit at the 19th International Biology Olympiad held in India from July 13-20, according to the ministry.

Monday, the 39th International Physics Olympiad opened at the My Dinh National Conference Center in Hanoi with the participation of 650 contestants from 82 nations and territories.

Reported by Tue Nguyen

jackbl
15-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Vietnamese economy is named 1 of the worst in having a clear and transparent law system in Asia pacific region.

With some much talents in all regions, Math, Physics, IT , etc, they could be doing well but the government intervention into the laws, made VN a "lousy" place to go and live in.....many under-tables..... those talents could have been "buried" and blamed 生不逢时

Vietnam captures two gold medals at international math olympiad

RJ2004
15-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry bro for my ignorance, what is QUA MET MOI? care to explain?

i think he meant to say very tired :confused:

Hurricane88
15-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Vietnamese IT students make country proud

Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily (http://www.thanhniennews.com/education/?catid=4&newsid=41981)

RJ2004
15-09-2008, 06:07 PM
anyone gonna be in hcmc soon?

...to be exact 1-5 oct :p

naemlo
15-09-2008, 06:22 PM
anyone gonna be in hcmc soon?

U will be there??? :rolleyes:

RJ2004
15-09-2008, 06:37 PM
U will be there??? :rolleyes:

you will not be there. :rolleyes:

qwerty78
16-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Smarttel 120 mins. $8.00

bro, forgive me for asking... where to buy Smarttel 120 mins for $8.00?

Appreciate your advice.

qwerty78
16-09-2008, 01:21 AM

these are some of the options i have found from the web.

The rates are kinda confusing. but they did not state local rates leh.
their rates online are like $0.9/min.

Any bros can advise?

Vietnam Calling Cards
https://www.phonecard.com.sg/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=16&selection=18
ZONE1511,My IDD Web Site (http://www.zone1511.com.sg) / ZONE1511 (http://promo.zone1511.com.sg/Marketing/Around_word_Free450/zone1511_promo_google.html)
Telcom1515 - A budget telecom IDD service in Singapore (80% Savings) (http://www.telcom1515.net/)
JAJAH - web-activated telephony (http://www.jajah.com/)

M1 1818 International Calling Card
Fixed line(Talktime) Rate Mobile line(Talktime) Rate
Vietnam 65 0.15 65 0.15
*Notes:
- Talktime quoted is based on $10 value ICC card.
- Rates apply for overseas calls from any payphone dialling 9696 1818.
- Calls are charged by per minute block.
- A one-time $0.30 connection charge per call applies after the 1st minute.
- Extra charge of $0.08 per minute applies for calls made from any payphones dialling 1818.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Talktime calculations are based on 1 call made per card (not inclusive of payphone charges).
- Card merging is available on the 1818 card.
- Promotional rates valid till 31 December 2008.
- Rates are rounded off to 2 decimal points.

M1 IDD 021
Countries IDD 021 rates
Day (7am - 8.59pm) Night (9pm - 6.59am)
Vietnam 1.35 1.31
- Calls are charged by per-minute blocks. Local airtime charges apply.
- Rates above are in $/min.
- Please note that International Toll Free Numbers are chargeable.
- Rates are applicable for calls made to fixed and mobile lines in the countries and territories stated above unless otherwise stated.
- For IDD calls made with the M Card, day rates are charged during peak period (Mon to Fri, 8am-7.59pm) and night rates are charged during off-peak period (Mon to Fri, 8pm-7.59am and Sat to Sun 1200am-11.59pm).
- Calls to UK 44-9 and 44-70 number ranges are not supported by IDD021. Please use IDD 002 for calls to these 2 number ranges in UK.
- M1 reserves the right to change rates without prior notice.

Starhub IDD 018
Countries IDD 021 rates
Day (7am - 8.59pm) Night (9pm - 6.59am)
Vietnam 0.95 0.95

69ASIMO69
16-09-2008, 11:51 AM
There is this calling card which me and my fren which is calling vietnam frequently finds it very useful and economic......

SUPER GOLD, sells at those smaller counters outside mustafa shopping area along the road..... for $8.50 sometimes $8.00 you can call for 101 mins and the most important, its very clear........ Used chat chat card..... cannot find with SUPER GOLD

naemlo
16-09-2008, 11:54 AM
you will not be there. :rolleyes:

U go there for?? Look for your em yeu?

Hurricane88
16-09-2008, 12:50 PM
There is this calling card which me and my fren which is calling vietnam frequently finds it very useful and economic......

SUPER GOLD, sells at those smaller counters outside mustafa shopping area along the road..... for $8.50 sometimes $8.00 you can call for 101 mins and the most important, its very clear........ Used chat chat card..... cannot find with SUPER GOLD

Can this card do call back?

RJ2004
16-09-2008, 02:37 PM
U go there for?? Look for your em yeu?

personal retreat :D

RJ2004
16-09-2008, 03:28 PM

feeling damn boh liao today so helped you find some card info; these are the better ones for VN...

Budget IDD Calling Card – 2 lines
IDD 88mins Callback 72mins

B.I.P – ? lines
IDD 100mins Callback 90mins

CHAT CHAT International Calling Card – 3 lines
IDD 88mins Callback 80mins

Super Gold IDD & Callback - ? lines
IDD 102mins Callback 85mins

*Information subject to changes without warning, connection charges, charging blocks differ from card to card.

naemlo
16-09-2008, 05:17 PM
personal retreat :D

Then u should choose bali, bintan, batam, phuket, koh samui..... y HCMC? :D U not sick of city life with motor n bikes. :D

Go there look for mm right? Dun keh keh.

RJ2004
16-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Then u should choose bali, bintan, batam, phuket, koh samui..... y HCMC? :D U not sick of city life with motor n bikes. :D

Go there look for mm right? Dun keh keh.

personal retreat cannot have mm accompany meh?

batam already went 6-7 times this year already... 2 years plus since i last went vietnam, i miss the pho bo there :D

AlCIA Duh
16-09-2008, 10:32 PM
bro, forgive me for asking... where to buy Smarttel 120 mins for $8.00?

Appreciate your advice.

Smartel sucks. Took the recommendations of the bros here and bought 1. Tried the callback, less then 70mins and the deductions is never accurate. It also does not inform you of how much value you have left and that kind of stuff.

Just use the free IDD from the telcos. All 3 have free IDD now, but only M1 included VN.

I bought a M Card. $15 for the sim card which has $18 value inside. Off peak rate which is from 8pm to 8am Weekdays and all day Weekends is only $0.08 per min. Peak rate is $0.16.

18 / 0.08 = 225

So by paying $15 for the sim card you can get 225 mins of clear, accurate deduction of value, calls to VN.

Top up card is only $16 for $18 value. Top-up electronically like online or atm, pay $18 and get $2 bonus, pay $28 get $5 bonus.

Forget all these calling cards!! Of course you will need an extra phone or you will have to switch your sim card around.

jackbl
17-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks AICAI for the report....

I went to M1 site to list out their ad:

M CARD PREPAID
=============

Free IDD 021 calls
With IDD 021, you enjoy free calls~ to many overseas destinations:
• India~ • Bangladesh~
• USA • China
• Canada • Malaysia
• South Korea • Thailand
• Macau • Hong Kong
• Brunei • Taiwan
• Vietnam

~ Valid till 31 Dec 2008. Local airtime charges apply for all countries. For IDD 002 calls made with the M Card, IDD peak rates will be applied all day, any time.

Just use the free IDD from the telcos. All 3 have free IDD now, but only M1 included VN.

I bought a M Card. $15 for the sim card which has $18 value inside. Off peak rate which is from 8pm to 8am Weekdays and all day Weekends is only $0.08 per min. Peak rate is $0.16.

18 / 0.08 = 225

So by paying $15 for the sim card you can get 225 mins of clear, accurate deduction of value, calls to VN.

Top up card is only $16 for $18 value. Top-up electronically like online or atm, pay $18 and get $2 bonus, pay $28 get $5 bonus.

Forget all these calling cards!! Of course you will need an extra phone or you will have to switch your sim card around.

jackbl
17-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Nature retreat from city stress
=======================
The long, windy beach of Can Gio is ideal for walking and relaxing. It may not be breathtaking, but the complex network of estuaries and islands which form Ho Chi Minh City’s Can Gio District, has the distinctive beauty of southern waterways.

The recreation reserve at Can Gio, which is south of the city and west of Vung Tau, will appeal to those who want to run away from the hustle and dust of HCMC.

It takes a ten-minute ferry trip across the Nha Be River, and a longer two hour drive on a sunny road to reach the sanctuary.

The car ride with local drivers is an adventure as they drive along the bumpy road lined with mangrove trees at a speed that is almost alarming.

It comes as a surprise to many to find the salt mashes and muddy coastal landscapes that are typical of Ca Mau and Kien Giang – so near HCMC.

For those who expect blue ocean views, Can Gio is not blue.

Formed by mud and hard sand, the beach has a muddy look that might be a little bit disappointing.

But the beach is ideal for a long walk in the windswept natural surrounds, which seem as if all the winds in the world gather there.

The area is a popular picnic spot for Vietnamese families who enjoy their barbecues and rice wine with the customary gusto.

Can Gio is yet to fully develop into a tourist site; a few simple-looking restaurants line the beach, offering tasty and reasonably-priced seafood.

Hearty cheap meals along with a museum that contains exhibits of the forest wildlife and local war history, and a 2,100-ha ecological site, are some of the attractions besides the wind, sea and sand of Can Gio.

The ecological site, called Lam Vien, features hundreds of rather violent monkeys who jump up and down in the mangrove trees to welcome visitors or snatch away their hats and vanish into the forest.

Reported by Phuong Anh

jackbl
17-09-2008, 02:35 AM
The beach beckons
==================
Four-star Long Hai Beach Club and Resort

Offering 110 luxurious rooms and suites which range from US$140-350, Long Hai Beach Club and Resort is the country’s most appealing tropical leisure beach destination.

Tourists can relax in the massive 1,200 square meters fresh water swimming pool and revitalize in the Lotus Spa with a wide range of traditional massage treatments.

The adjoining Titan Fitness center features the latest equipment as well as a steam bath, sauna and jacuzzi for guests to release stress and calm the mind.

An outdoor floodlit tennis court, beach volleyball, billiards and entertainment lounge are also available.

The kid’s club provides fun and entertainment for children with games and toys.

At the Dragon swimming pool and bar guests can enjoy great food and refreshments and take in the romantic ocean views to the sound of live music.

The beach front Heritage Restaurant & Bamboo Buffet is perfect for any appetite with abundant seafood and a delicious selection of Vietnamese, Asian & European cuisines blended masterfully for the Continental & American buffets; lunch and dinner dining in the fresh coastal breeze.

Three-star Thuy Duong Beach Resort

The 15-hectare Thuy Duong Resort, known among tourists for its reasonable rates and hospitality, has over 100 excellent rooms and suites ranging from $28-110.

Offering various cuisines at four restaurants including three with beach views, Thuy Duong provides tourists with all the comforts and entertainment for a memorable holiday.

Internet wifi service, modern karaoke rooms, swimming pool, spa and a dance hall are popular favorites with guests.

The magnificent 2-km-long Thuy Duong beach, is one of the most attractive and safest beaches in the country.

Long Hai Beach Club And Resort
Provincial road 44, Long Hai Town, Long Dien District, Ba Ria - Vung Tau Province
Tel: (84) 64- 661351;

Thuy Duong Beach Resort
Phuoc Hai Commune, Dat Do Dist., Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province
Tel: (84) 64- 886215
Website: Welcome to Thuy Duong resort (http://www.thuyduongresort.com.vn)

Reported by Luu Hong

jackbl
17-09-2008, 09:06 AM
The fast boat to Can Tho
================

Rather than catch a five- or six-hour bus ride to the city of Can Tho in the heart of the Mekong Delta, there is a boat that leaves from the Ho Chi Minh City river terminal on Ton Duc Thang Avenue.

Only one boat leaves per day at 8 a.m. arriving at 11:30 a.m., with a return trip that leaves at 1 p.m. The cost is VND200,000 (US$12.5) each way. It seats about 50 passengers and there’s a covered open air deck in the rear. It’s comfortable, fast and travels through some beautiful parts of the Mekong Delta.

As soon as she leaves the dock, the engines power and the bow of the boat lifts out of the water and races down the wide open highway of the Saigon River.

The first stage of the journey through Saigon Port gives a perspective of Vietnam’s manufacturing and export industry - cranes and cargo nets swinging, shirtless dock workers tossing sacks of rice into ships’ holds.

The river then opens out into unprotected waters; the heavy river traffic runs with the tide - container ships, plenty of dredges and wooden boats with red eyes painted on the bow and a multitude of sand barges pulled or pushed by wooden tugs.

Then the boat turns from the Saigon River and enters the maze of waterways that make up the delta. In one word it is beautiful.

The captain navigates the tributaries at full throttle, spray flying past the windows. The life of Vietnam is its rivers and the Mekong Delta is mighty.

Emerald green forests of palm trees wall up on both sides, punctuated by industry, towns and villages; thatched huts seemingly tucked out of the twenty first century’s reach and monolithic electricity towers slinging power cables a mile at a throw.

Shipping is everywhere from the very big steel-hull barges to the single man in his canoe unhurriedly paddling to get out of the ferry’s way.

Near Can Tho the construction of the two pillars of the ill-fated Can Tho Bridge can be seen in the distance.

And before you know it you are docking in the hub of Vietnam’s rice basket, a much slower pace city than the bustle of HCMC.

Reported by Michael Smith

Hurricane88
17-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Budget IDD Calling Card – 2 lines
IDD 88mins Callback 72mins

B.I.P – ? lines
IDD 100mins Callback 90mins

CHAT CHAT International Calling Card – 3 lines
IDD 88mins Callback 80mins

Super Gold IDD & Callback - ? lines
IDD 102mins Callback 85mins

*Information subject to changes without warning, connection charges, charging blocks differ from card to card.

18 / 0.08 = 225

Thank you for sharing..:)

RJ2004
17-09-2008, 01:34 PM

this one... very difficult :p

jackbl
18-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Phu Quoc named world’s best hidden beach

A beach on the southern island of Phu Quoc in Kien Giang Province has topped a list of the world’s top five hidden beaches.

For the best sun and sand from October to March, Bai Dai Beach is the number one place to go on the planet, according to an Associated Press news report citing a list compiled by concierge.com.

The other four in the list were the US beauty spots of Wildcat Beach in California and Cayo Costa State Park in Florida, Mexico’s Majahuitas Cove and Pink Beach on the Caribbean island of Barbuda.

Meanwhile, United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), in collaboration with the Global Environment Facility (GEF), Saturday wrapped up a four-day seminar on protecting coral reefs and seaweed beds near Phu Quoc.

Source: VNA

69ASIMO69
18-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Ya, It can be used for call back but since a bro has posted the m1 m card deal.... i find its worth the money just that u need an extra phone......... good info

naemlo
18-09-2008, 01:02 PM
personal retreat cannot have mm accompany meh?

Can can, as long as u happy... :D

AlCIA Duh
18-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Ya, It can be used for call back but since a bro has posted the m1 m card deal.... i find its worth the money just that u need an extra phone......... good info

Or you can just switch to M1, add $5+ every month to use the free 021 IDD. They will deduct from your local outgoing talktime, don't have to worry about peak hours. Going to do that when my contract with my current telco ends.

Guys, if your VN GFs wants to get a line remember to use M1. Then don't have to buy calling cards for them?? :o If really hardcore, pre-paid cards can also do number-porting. You can get them to switch or get a new line.

Hurricane88
19-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Or you can just switch to M1, add $5+ every month to use the free 021 IDD. They will deduct from your local outgoing talktime, don't have to worry about peak hours. Going to do that when my contract with my current telco ends.

Guys, if your VN GFs wants to get a line remember to use M1. Then don't have to buy calling cards for them?? :o If really hardcore, pre-paid cards can also do number-porting. You can get them to switch or get a new line.

Thank you for sharing..:)

jackbl
19-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi bro, can i buy M1 prepaid card to get to call vn using 021?

qwerty78
19-09-2008, 06:57 PM

yes you can........ only charge local call rates.

8pm to 8am is off peak i think 8 cents.

peak is 16 cents

cashier
20-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi,

What this mean?

anh vo thich em ko. anh lam ban trai em nha. chuc anh ngu ngon

anh ngu nho mo toi em ong xa

thanks

AlCIA Duh
20-09-2008, 05:04 PM

Wah lao eh brother, I already talk so much you still ask me this kind of qns?? :confused:

The answer is yes, and it's only "wu hwa" if you call during off peak hours. Or else calling card can give you more talktime for your buck.

anh vo thich em ko. anh lam ban trai em nha. chuc anh ngu ngon

anh ngu nho mo toi em ong xa

Something along the lines of

Do you like me?? Can you be my boyfriend?? Good night!!

Husband, dream of me when you sleep.

The 2nd sentence I'm not very sure if it's correct, all the experts here, please correct me if I'm wrong!!

jackbl
20-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry for my stupidity.... i think during PEAK, using M1 also cheaper than calling card because u still need to use your handphone to call the calling card service.

Your translation is 100% correct :D

Wah lao eh brother, I already talk so much you still ask me this kind of qns?? :confused:

The answer is yes, and it's only "wu hwa" if you call during off peak hours. Or else calling card can give you more talktime for your buck.

Something along the lines of

The 2nd sentence I'm not very sure if it's correct, all the experts here, please correct me if I'm wrong!!

jackbl
20-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Ha Long Bay leads seven world wonders vote
==============================

Ha Long Bay tops the list of 77 candidates for the New Open World Foundation’s “New Seven Wonders of Nature” competition.
The year-long voting period is more than half over.

While the northern province of Quang Ninh’s Ha Long Bay tops the list, Vietnam accounts for three of the contest’s top five choices so far.

Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park in the central province of Quang Binh holds the fourth position while Fansipan, a 3,143-meter-tall mountain in the northwestern province of Lao Cai Province, ranked fifth Wednesday, up from seventh on Tuesday.

Lao Cai Province shares a border with China.

All three places are in northern Vietnam.

The voting includes three stages.

The first stage, a voting stage from August, 2007-August, 2008, will determine 77 semi-finalists.

A panel of experts will then short-list 21 finalists from which voters worldwide will elect seven new natural wonders.

Votes can be cast online at New7Wonders: Welcome to the official global voting platform of New7Wonders (http://www.new7wonders.com/).

Source: Thanh Nien

jackbl
20-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Vietnamese resort named the best in the world

Vietnam’s Nam Hai Resort & Spa has been named the best resort in the world in the Travel + Leisure magazine’s annual Design Awards.

A panel of seven design industry experts lauded Nam Hai in Hoi An is ancient town as a stylish take on local, single-story, thatched-huts, in the March issue.

Travel + Leisure praised the property for its creative qualities, including its dark wood elegance and rich materials.

The 35-hectare resort, which opened in December 2006, features traditional residences of Vietnam, nha ruong, creatively re-interpreted to accommodate modern technologies and amenities.

Most of the resort’s 60 one-bedroom villas and 40 pool villas border the sea around a horseshoe-shaped spit of sand.

This is the fourth year Travel + Leisure has held the awards.

Nam Hai has established a reputation as one of the world’s great resorts.

Earlier this month, luxury travel site Globorati.com named it one of the top 10 most romantic hotels for couples.

Reported by Vinh Son

jackbl
21-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Southern specialty: Pia cake
====================

To many families in southern Vietnam, enjoying pia during the mid-autumn holidays has been a tradition since the early 19th century.
Pia is a rich cake eaten with tea that is a specialty of the Kinh, Khmer and Chinese ethnic people living in the Mekong Delta region.

The Chinese Ming Xiang people migrated to live by the Mekong Delta in the 14th century, bringing with them a round-shaped flat pudding filled with green pia powder.

It was called pia in Chinese which became pia in Vietnamese.

After hundreds of years, the original pia underwent adaptations to suit the tastes of the local people.

Since the early 19th century, it has been a specialty of the Mekong Delta Province of Soc Trang thanks to resident Dang Thuan who pioneered cooking and selling the puddings.

Initially, the Chinese-made pia had a surface layer made of wheat powder and was filled with a mixture of green pea powder and pork fat.

As a local variation, the Southerners incorporated one of their favorite fruits, the durian, to make a new filling when combined with dried egg yolk.

A third popular variation for the pia is to fill them with Indian taro.

The pia is also a very colorful delicacy, with an orange pink exterior, a yellow interior from the green pea powder and a red center from the color of the egg yolk.

It is not only Vietnam’s southern residents who speak highly of this treat.

Foreigners have also enjoyed and praised the savory dessert. One such foreigner is Australian Michael Smith, who was so impressed by the cake’s unique flavor that he now seeks it out for breakfast.

“The smell and taste are strange but excellent,” Smith says.

At HCMC-based An Dong Market, Japanese and Korean tourists buy the cakes as gifts to take home to their families.

Nowadays, Soc Trang Province in the Mekong Delta has some 40 pia producers, most of which are located in Phu Tam Commune of My Tu District.

To buy pia, go to Highway 1A in Soc Trang where there are many shops selling the unique cake. These shops manufacture and distribute pia around the country.

Ho Chi Minh City-based markets or supermarkets also offer this tasty pudding. Packets of pia, which normally contain four cakes, are sold for between VND20,000-30,000 (US$1-2).

WHERE TO BUY PIA:

■ An Dong Market: 34 An Duong Vuong St., Dist. 5, HCMC.
■ Tan Hue Vien Cake Shop: 140 Nguyen Trong Tuyen St., Tan Binh Dist., HCMC.
■ Hong Bong Cake Shop: 93 Nguyen Thong St., Dist. 3, HCMC.

Reported by Diem Thu

jackbl
21-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi,

Anyone can translate the following sentence? 1 bro asked me for help but I can only help a little :(

"Lanh nhat la ke thu cua tinh yeu, no se giet chet va danh mat nhung gi minh da co."

frigid/frosty is enemy of love, it will kill and ..........

Hurricane88
21-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Wah..another tieng viet expert emerged....pls continue to share...thanks...:)

jackbl
21-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Experience the Cu Chi Tunnels
======================

Villagers of Tan Phu Trung and Phuoc Vinh An communes were the first to dig short tunnels to shelter from the enemy and store confidential revolutionary documents in the resistance against French troops.
Each residential area had a tunnel system and the hamlet residents connected them to create a large, complicated network.

Only 60km from the center of HCMC, the Cu Chi Tunnels are one of the city’s most important historical tourist attractions.

More than 120 kilometers of the original complex built between 1946-1948 by Cu Chi residents has been preserved for tourists to view.

In 1965, during the war against US troops, the system was expanded, with three different layers and a total length of 200km.

The top, middle and bottom layers were 3m, 6m and 12m from the ground surface but were quite airy.

The construction is in two sections – Ben Dinh in the Nhuan Duc Commune, which was the base of the district Party committee between 1960 and 1975, and Ben Duoc, which was the Saigon-Gia Dinh military zone or the Saigon base of the Liberation Army.

Visitors are allowed to crawl into the tunnels at Ben Dinh.

Twenty kilometers away at Ben Duoc in Phu Hiep Hamlet in Phu My Hung Commune, visitors can enter the temple where dead soldiers are worshipped.

Above the tunnel system ramparts, mine fields and bamboo-stake pits served as defenses in the guerilla war.

Cu Chi people also built a system of trenches for traveling and fighting around the underground openings.

Visitors can enter the tunnels and take photos in there.

According to the guides, who dress as guerillas, some tunnels, which were only large enough for one 40 kilograms person to pass, have been widened to serve tourists.

All the three layers are lit by candles or torches around the clock.

In Ben Dinh, documentary films show the war against the US There are models of the tunnels, the general’s trench, health stations and wells.

Particularly interesting is a kind of kitchen that didn’t create smoke.

Outside the tunnels are statues of soldiers fighting, reading letters, and resting.

Photographs at Ben Duoc Temple show people making bombs, sharpening spikes and screening husked rice.

A classroom in the liberated area helps tourists understand more about the life and fighting of Cu Chi people before and during the war against US troops.

The Cu Chi Tunnel attracts many local and foreign tourists, including US veterans who fought or worked in Vietnam.

===========
How to get there
===========
Go along the Cach Mang Thang Tam Street to the Bay Hien Intersection.
Go straight through and follow the Truong Chinh Street until you get to the Highway 22, turn right and drive 30 km to Cu Chi.

Reported by Diem Thu

cashier
21-09-2008, 07:01 PM
hi guys what is this mean?

anh an com chua dang lam gi

also what does an means?

KangTuo
21-09-2008, 11:46 PM

also what does an means?

bro, please do try to learn some basic vietnamese language instead of keep posting queries. All you post here are asking for translation.

This is a simple translation:

li jiak ba liao buei. li tei zhou si mi.

jackbl
22-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi bro cashier,

My initial thoughts when i saw your posting is that if u really need to use some simple viet u need to start learning. If u depend on these posting/reply to know what it means, it will take long time.

i have posted some simple viet in the earlier threads, if u willing to learn u will make some effort to find it. And on the internet there are many sites teaching people on viet language. Make some effort to learn it and note down its meaning. Create your own vocab and slowly u will progress. If there are some sentences which i dun know, i will bring it down to let those female "teachers" to translate for me. :D

bro, please do try to learn some basic vietnamese language instead of keep posting queries. All you post here are asking for translation.

This is a simple translation:

li jiak ba liao buei. li tei zhou si mi.

jackbl
22-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Bro KT/RJ/SG,

can help 1 bro to translate the below?

Hi,

Anyone can translate the following sentence? 1 bro asked me for help but I can only help a little :(

"Lanh nhat la ke thu cua tinh yeu, no se giet chet va danh mat nhung gi minh da co."

KangTuo
22-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Bro KT/RJ/SG,

can help 1 bro to translate the below?

I wish i can help... but you dunno how to translate already. So I doubt i can translate.

I suggest you bring it to the female teachers in jc/gl to help u :D:p

jackbl
22-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I think that bro shd do it instead, he asked me for help but i cant do that. Long time no see u post here, busy with work recently? Or busy with CO GAI? Your HM gal went back already? So u very free now is it? Post your interesting sms here and let everyone learn together :D

I wish i can help... but you dunno how to translate already. So I doubt i can translate.

jackbl
22-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Escape to paradise ( Mui Ne)
===================

For those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the big cities, Mui Ne beach in the town of Phan Thiet is the perfect retreat.

With its stunning white-sand beaches and swaying coconut palms, Mui Ne is often referred to as the “Hawaii” of Vietnam – and it’s easy to see why.

Only 180 kilometers from the southern hub of Ho Chi Minh City in Binh Thuan Province, Mui Ne can be readily reached by car, train or bus.

Accommodation ranges from budget guesthouses to luxurious resorts including a 15 km strip of high-end hotels that line up like pearls along the seafront.

The area surrounding Mui Ne is home to picturesque landscapes of clean, sublime beaches and sweeping sand dunes.

Visitors can try the popular activity of sand-sledding or take a scenic walking tour along the Fairy Stream – a unique spring that winds its way through bamboo forests, boulders and dunes.

With Asia’s strongest and most consistent wind patterns and the lowest rainfall in Vietnam, Mui Ne is fast becoming a hotspot for kite-boarding and windsurfing among other aquatic sports.

The cape is also known for its fishing harbor, market and fish sauce plants where the distinct nuoc mam (fish sauce) is produced.

Atop a hill stands Po Shanu tower – built in the 8th century by the ancient Cham – that offers panoramic views of Phan Thiet.

In addition, Mui Ne is a cheaper alternative than many other beach resorts which is why it is quickly becoming one of the top tourist destinations in 2008, say tourism experts.

Promoted internationally and throughout Vietnam, Phan Thiet and Mui Ne are seeing increasing numbers of tourists from China, India, Russia, Germany and the Netherlands.

According to Vietnam’s Department of Tourism, Russians are especially enamored with Vietnam’s coastline with two out of three visitors choosing Mui Ne as a vacation destination.

Russian travelers are coming in such huge numbers that some resorts have even had to recruit interpreters from as far north as Hanoi to accommodate the influx.

Saigontourist, one of Ho Chi Minh City’s premier travel companies, reports that over 8,000 foreign tourists visited the coastal area in 2006.

In comparison, 2007 saw the same number visit within the first eight months of the year alone.

The Vietnam National Administration for Tourism has said that Mui Ne is an ideal place for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions due to its well-maintained security, wholesome environs and services offered.

“People flock to Mui Ne/Phan Thiet not only to enjoy nuoc mam (fish sauce) and seafood but also to relish the healthful environs at Mui Ne’s resorts,” said Ha Kim Vong, director of Khoi Viet Vocational School in HCMC at a recent tourism workshop held by the provincial Department of Tourism.

Reported by Que Ha

Reaper
22-09-2008, 01:32 AM

also what does an means?

you eat rice yet now do what

want to impress viet ger, must learn the language. Go website or pay tuition fees.

jackbl
22-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Singapore's students are so fortunate!

Students battle to is survive price hikes
==========================

The allowances of many students living away from home aren’t lasting the month because of inflating basic food costs.

Prices always go up during the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, but this year costs have kept hiking even though the break ended nearly a month ago.

It is dramatically affecting local people, especially low income earners and suburban students.

Everyday young people studying at university skip breakfast, save electricity by not using their computers and reduce their telephone usage to cope with soaring rental costs and fuel prices.

“I feel so shocked…”

Boarding house rental costs have increased across the board in “student town” in Hanoi’s Cau Giay District, Tu Liem suburban district and Thanh Xuan District.

Duong Anh Tuan, a student at Hanoi Academy of Journalism and Communications, said his monthly rent had risen to VND700,000 (US$44) from VND500,000 ($31.4).

Thuy, who is studying at the University of Electric Power in Hanoi, said the rent had recently gone up VND30,000 ($1.9), the third increase in five months.

She said it was less than rent hikes at other boarding houses.

Students in the southern hub were in the same situation.

After returning to her boarding house after the Tet holiday, Ha, a student of Ton Duc Thang University, was told her rent had gone up to VND300,000 ($19).

It went up to a total of VND1 million ($62.8) for her and her two flat mates.

“We do not know where to go now. This place is close to our school, although it smells due to nearby canals. Other places face the same situation,” Ha said.

Owners of boarding houses said increases were unavoidable because consumer prices had skyrocketed.

Le Thi Hoa, a landlord in Hanoi’s Vinh Hung Ward, said, “We cannot help but increase the price, as inflation is so high. Owners in all areas raised rents by VND50,000 ($3) to VND100,000 ($6) per room. We don’t know what else to do, although students are complaining a lot.”

Other consumer prices are soaring too.

Students often receive VND700,000 ($44) to VND800,000 ($50) from their families per month.

It used to be enough but now it only lasts two weeks.

Tuan said it was still hard for him to live, although his parents had raised his monthly allowance from VND800,000 to VND1.5 million ($94).

“My situation is better than other students though. They have to eat rice with salt and sesame seeds. Some have to cut telephone accounts, Internet or not use their computers at all.”

Lan, who is studying at Hong Bang University in HCMC, said a really basic meal for her and her two room mates had gone up to VND18,000 ($1.15) from VND12,000 ($0.75).

A HCMC University of Economics student, Ngan, said she had to consider fuel before she went out.

She said many students went by bus instead of motorbike, despite the extra inconvenience.

High inflation has put much more pressure on students, whose main focus should be study.

Duong Duc Chinh, a student of Hanoi’s National University, said he could not concentrate on studying, while life’s daily problems like rent, the prices of vegetables and fish and gas bottles occupied his mind.

“…consumer prices keep soaring. I feel so shocked, although I have lived here for just two years. I don’t know how I can live for the next two years.”

Temporary solutions

In response to the rental hikes, some HCMC students have looked for boarding houses in outer suburbs like Thu Duc District and District 12.

A student at HCMC University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Tuan, said it was not a good solution, because they had to take more than one bus to get to class.

Others shared houses or rooms with friends.

It is common for two or three people to share a room or even ten people to share an average size house.

Students also cook on charcoal instead of gas, although it is dirty and bad for health.

Some work part-time.

Ta Thuy, a student of Hanoi’s National Academy of Public Administration, increased her tutoring periods to four days per week for VND45,000 ($2.8) per day.

A student at Hanoi’s Academy of Journalism and Communications, Phan Hau, has worked as a freelancer for a Hanoi-based newspaper for three years.

He has to spend more time writing articles to cover his expenses.

But both Thuy and Hau said their incomes still weren’t enough.

Vietnam’s CPI (Consumer Price Index) skyrocketed over 14 percent in January, the largest-ever rise since 1995, according to the state-run General Statistics Office, while food prices surged 22 percent year-onyear in the same month.

Petrol prices are up 44 percent since early 2007 and up 70 percent since mid-2005.

Source: Lao Dong

jackbl
22-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Sad stories in hcmc d1.. :(

Child sex abuse in the backpackers’ area
============================
In the last days of 2007, the New Year celebration has brought excitement to the backpackers’ area.

The darker it gets, the brighter the lights become, as if reflecting the many aspects of a society with a large community of foreigners.

In HCMC, there is a flipside to the excitement and vibrancy in the streets of Pham Ngu Lao, Bui Vien and De Tham in District 1 - social evils like drugs and child sex abuse.

A xe om (motorbike taxi) driver called T who has worked in the area for over 10 years said there were foreigners committing child sexual offences in Pham Ngu Lao.

“Child sex abuse in the back-packers’ area these days has become more sophisticated than before,” T said.

He said the offenders were foreigners and they targeted children between 10 and 15 who sold chewing gum, lottery tickets, or shined shoes.

“Some child sex workers are under ten years old,” T added.

“The children usually work from nightfall until midnight, and they sleep during the day.”

T arranged a meeting in a café with a young teenage girl called Z who would give us information.

She said child sex workers were available.

“The male foreigners are fond of boys and girls from 10 and up, shoe shiners or kids who peddle chewing gum and lottery tickets,” Z said.

She said men paid VND500,000 (US$31) for girls under 15 who were still virgins or VND300,000 ($19) or less if not a virgin.

Z identified a middle-aged man nearby and said, “That guy has tried to seduce me into having sex with him several times and I have refused. Some children in this area have often had sex with him.”

Z said young boys were also tar-gets and some of them had caught HIV.

A boy, 14, said he had had sex with men from France, Australia, Italy, Canada and the US

He was paid $10, he said, and he understood about HIV but he had no choice.

“It’s dangerous because it is incurable, and infected people will die soon; but how else can we make a living?” the 14-year-old said.

The police were aware of the problem and had spoken to some of the children.

“About a month ago, we caught more than 10 children working as lottery and chewing gum vendors and shoe shiners who we suspected of dealing drugs and being sex workers,” Pham Ngu Lao Ward Sheriff Lieutenant-Colonel Nguyen Huu Tai said.

“It’s very hard to catch them red-handed because there is a deal between the children and the foreigners. We have planned to cooperate with relevant agencies like the people’s committee and the women’s association to organize meetings and teach children about HIV/AIDS,” the sheriff added.

“The situation will only get bet-ter with everyone’s support, including hotels in the area,” Tai concluded.

With a new year starting, many things will change, but without something being done, those children will continue in the same way without knowing what could hap-pen to them in the future.

Reported by Vinh Bao

KangTuo
22-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I think that bro shd do it instead, he asked me for help but i cant do that. Long time no see u post here, busy with work recently? Or busy with CO GAI? Your HM gal went back already? So u very free now is it? Post your interesting sms here and let everyone learn together :D

My HM syt go back vn 6 days already. She will be back 1 month later. At least now I take a break. No more late nights with her.

I am kind of free and lonely now, so need to find backup con gai to accompany me.:D Mission will start on Wednesday

I have alot of sms from her leh.. 98 to be exact. :p

jackbl
22-09-2008, 03:00 PM
My mission can start on Tue... but quite early one, 8pm starts... So which area u intend to bomb? Let me know so i wont "crash" with u :D If u can come out early maybe i be your wingman

U still keep those sms? For learning purposes is it? Then pls conduct a lesson here :p I will pitch my tent here for it ok

I am kind of free and lonely now, so need to find backup con gai to accompany me.:D Mission will start on Wednesday

I have alot of sms from her leh.. 98 to be exact. :p

RJ2004
22-09-2008, 03:10 PM

frosty replies strikes death to love, but now no meaning already? :confused:

RJ2004
22-09-2008, 03:15 PM

i oso need to find con gai, but all of them knows my em yeus so cannot do anything, si bei sians...

AlCIA Duh
22-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Looks to me like some lyrics to a song.

Hurricane88
22-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Hi,

Sorry to trouble all of you to translate. This was my fren's request and I had ask a fren in Vn to translate...here is the best we can get..dun know what it meant though...sounds like poems or lyrics

glacial is hostile of love, ill kill and lost all we have had

Sha_Gua75
22-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Lanh nhat la ke thu cua tinh yeu, no se giet chet va danh mat nhung gi minh da co

"Cold" is the enemy of love, it will kill and take away what you had

ps: I have asked my wife and she mention that this kind of sentence is those kind which teenager like to write for fun...but this girl seem to write the wrong way

KangTuo
22-09-2008, 11:29 PM
U still keep those sms? For learning purposes is it? Then pls conduct a lesson here :p I will pitch my tent here for it ok

I keep sweet sweet mushy mushy sms :D
u pitch tent here to know what mushy mushy sms i have? :p

KangTuo
23-09-2008, 12:51 AM
as requested by bro jackbl... simple 3 to start with

Viet: A doi e 1 chut e thay do
Singlish: U wait awhile, i changing dress

Viet: A di an di, co fai la toi a lai cho e di choi ko dc ngu nhiu nen a met dung on
Singlish: you go eat. If can, at night u come fetch me go play. don't sleep many but u tired nevermind. (something along this line)

Viet: bua nay e ko lam wa co cong an
Singlish: today i no work. have police

KangTuo
23-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Dunno if i post before.

Viet: E ko tin la a nho e dau neu e ma ve vn a di uong bia se gap nguoi con gai khac roi thuong thoi, e ben day toi 2th e moi ve vn ma

Singlish: I don't believe u miss me. i go back vietnam, u go drink beer will meet gal and like gal. i come here 2 mth go back vietnam(something along this line)

jackbl
23-09-2008, 08:16 AM
My view differs:

U go eat, is it that tonite u come fetch me to play? Cant sleep so u r tired, right?

as requested by bro jackbl... simple 3 to start with

Viet: A di an di, co fai la toi a lai cho e di choi ko dc ngu nhiu nen a met dung on
Singlish: you go eat. If can, at night u come fetch me go play. don't sleep many but u tired nevermind. (something along this line)

Hurricane88
23-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Lanh nhat la ke thu cua tinh yeu, no se giet chet va danh mat nhung gi minh da co

"Cold" is the enemy of love, it will kill and take away what you had

ps: I have asked my wife and she mention that this kind of sentence is those kind which teenager like to write for fun...but this girl seem to write the wrong way

Thank you very much for helping...:)

jackbl
23-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Anyone buying property in vn??

Developers anticipate Viet Kieu housing bonanza
Overseas Vietnamese are expected to begin snapping up properties, such as those in this apartment complex in Ho Chi Minh City.
Proposed amendments to Vietnam’s Housing Law will make it easier for overseas Vietnamese to buy property in Vietnam.

Local real estate developers are preparing for a sales rush when property ownership laws for overseas Vietnamese, or Viet Kieu, are eased.

Truong Quoc Hung, marketing director of Phu My Hung Company, said the proposed new home ownership regulations for overseas Vietnamese meant expats who had bought houses in Vietnam in relatives’ names would be able to transfer the ownership to their own names. “There are many such cases in Phu My Hung urban area,” he said, referring to Ho Chi Minh City’s upscale new urban area.

Other overseas Vietnamese who have long planned to buy houses in Vietnam will no longer be discouraged by many housing restrictions.

Hung said Phu My Hung Company was building two residential blocks with more than 300 apartments to meet upcoming demand from Vietnamese expats.

Le Hung, HAGL Land director, said his company had launched several marketing campaigns to promote their residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City to Vietnamese expats living in Eastern Europe.

“We have found out that the demand for houses in Vietnam from expats in Eastern Europe is as high as that of their peers in the U.S., Australia and Canada,” Hung said. “A US$400,000 apartment near the Saigon River side with a luxury interior is within the reach of many overseas Vietnamese in Eastern Europe. The only problem now is the legal documents.”

HAGL Land has also started two medium-priced housing projects, suitable for both locals and Vietnamese expats, he said.

Green Land, another real estate developer, is ready to tap the expat apartment market with a 192-unit project in HCMC’s Binh Thanh District, director Luong Tri Thin said.

“Viet Kieu often choose luxury apartments in HCMC and land plots for villas in other neighboring provinces such as Binh Duong and Dong Nai,” he said.

Thin said once overseas Vietnamese are allowed to register homes in their own names, they will become more eager to purchase houses.

Hung said when there are new regulations to make it easier for Viet Kieu to own houses in Vietnam, procedural problems involving investment certificates and documents to prove birth origin should be solved.

A real estate investment company suggests the government should take into consideration financial issues such as whether or not overseas Vietnamese can borrow money from banks in foreign countries to buy houses in Vietnam.

Phan Tham, chairman of the HCMC Committee for Overseas Vietnamese, said to date, only about 130 Vietnamese expats have attained eligibility to purchase houses in the country and the figure has hardly changed for several years.

A Vietnamese expat, who wishes to be unnamed, said she has returned and done business in Vietnam for many years but she always has to stay with relatives.

She said she and her friends find it difficult to own houses in Vietnam as there is a lack of government documents advising the steps to purchase property.

“I wonder why Vietnamese people can buy houses in the U.S. and Canada easily but overseas Vietnamese face difficulties when they want to buy houses in Vietnam,” she said.

Le Hoang Chau, chairman of the HCMC Real Estate Association, said the Ministry of Construction’s amendment draft to article No. 126 of the Housing Law was a move that would benefit many overseas Vietnamese.

He said the important thing was to give careful instructions so that overseas Vietnamese could buy houses in Vietnam easily. The problems with previous regulations would be avoided, he said.

The Ministry of Construction on September 10 proposed an amendment draft to Housing Law article No. 126, which governs home ownership for overseas Vietnamese.

Under the amendment draft, overseas Vietnamese allowed to buy houses in Vietnam are divided into three categories.

Vietnamese expats who keep their Vietnamese nationality will be eligible to buy as many houses as they want.

Overseas Vietnamese who have invested in Vietnam, who are married to a citizen, who have made contributions to the country or who are university graduates and work in Vietnam’s socio-economic sectors are also allowed to own an unlimited number of houses.

Other Vietnamese expats who have lived in Vietnam for at least six months or have been granted visa-exemption certificates can purchase one house.

The categorization is aimed to make it more equal between Vietnamese citizens at home and abroad in home-ownership rights, Minister of Construction Nguyen Hong Quan said.

The proposed amendment draft has been submitted to the National Assembly’s Standing Committee for consideration, Vietnam News Agency reported.

Reported by Tran Thanh Binh

KangTuo
23-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Viet: E cung mun hieu a nhiu nhung a fai tam su voi e thi 2 dua minh moi hieu nhau nhiu chu nhung luc e bun e mun tam su voi a lam nhung e ko bit a co chiu nghe e tam su ko

Singlish: i also want to understand you but you must confide with me because 2 person must undersatnd alot but if i sad i confide with you alot but i don't know you accept to listen to me confide or not.

KangTuo
23-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Viet: A dung co jan e nha e cung mun di choi va noi chuyen voi a lam, nhung ban e zo e ko bo di voi a dc e fai lam kg thoi ba chu cua e la e chet lan sau gap nha e dang bun mun tam su voi a nhiu lam

Singlish: you don't angry me. I also want to go play and talk to you a lot, but my friend don't let me go with you. I must work..................... i am now sad andwant to confide with you alot.

"kg thoi ba chu cua e la e chet lan sau gap nha"???

cashier
23-09-2008, 07:42 PM
alot of word cannot find at page 2 so have to ask. hope dun mind

1)anh benh anh uon thuoc chua em cung nho anh nhieu toi nay anh lai kg

2)sao qua di anh oi anh an com chua dang lam gi do

3)anh ngu chua dang lam gi do em nho anh qua ha

Buikia
23-09-2008, 07:50 PM
alot of word cannot find at page 2 so have to ask. hope dun mind

Me very poor in Vn, let me try :p

1)You sick you drink medicine liao bo? i also miss you a lot, tonight you got cum???

2)eat rice liao bo, what you doing?

3)You sleep yet?do what? miss you...

Buikia
23-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I keep sweet sweet mushy mushy sms :D
u pitch tent here to know what mushy mushy sms i have?

i see these few words the most in my smses from con gais:
-> CHO TIEN :mad:
->KHONG CO TIEN :mad:
-> DU MA :mad:

Its better not to understand these few words!

KangTuo
23-09-2008, 11:59 PM

This want i also have. At least not 'cho tien' so direct. Although many mushy and lovely sms, some point of time sure got sms about $$$.

I have yet to post some sms about $$$.

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 12:09 AM
V: E cung co thit a nhung e ko dam yeu ai het vi e con di lam lo cho ba me cua e neu e yeu thi se ko lam dc, neu co ai that su yeu e va lo cho e tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun

S: I also have like you but I dare not love anyone because I working to worry for my dad and mum, If I love, sure will not be able to work. if have anyone really love me and worry for me.......

tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun???:confused:

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 12:18 AM
V: Nhieu luc e muon tam su voi a lam nhung e ko bit la a co hieu hay ko thoi, e cung muon kien nhieu tien ve vn lo cho ba me e nhung bay jo e con thieu tien nha, chua co mua ve may bay ve vn nghi toi chuyen do la e da lo va bun roi

S: ...... i want to confide in you but i dunno you understand or not. I also want to eran many money go back vietnam worry for dad and mum but now i already pay money for home, still have to buy air ticket go back vietnam......... i worry and sad already.

Nhieu luc??
nghi toi chuyen do???

$$$$.... slowly come in our conversation...

VietnamLover
24-09-2008, 01:33 AM
1) You are sick. Have you drink medicine yet? I too miss you much. Tonight do you back again?

2) Why come go? Hey, do you eat rice yet? What are you doing?

3) Do you sleep yet? What are you doing? I miss you much.

Reaper
24-09-2008, 01:45 AM
This want i also have. At least not 'cho tien' so direct. Although many mushy and lovely sms, some point of time sure got sms about $$$.

I have yet to post some sms about $$$.

Dude...your phrases all seem to be heading in one direction....which is going to jurong than to changi...board pane to holland and than back to changi and than jurong......long long big big round round way for the girl to ask for something ;)

jackbl
24-09-2008, 01:50 AM
if not my Ladyboss scold me die, how to see u?

Viet: A dung co jan e nha e cung mun di choi va noi chuyen voi a lam, nhung ban e zo e ko bo di voi a dc e fai lam kg thoi ba chu cua e la e chet lan sau gap nha e dang bun mun tam su voi a nhiu lam

Singlish: you don't angry me. I also want to go play and talk to you a lot, but my friend don't let me go with you. I must work..................... i am now sad andwant to confide with you alot.

"kg thoi ba chu cua e la e chet lan sau gap nha"???

jackbl
24-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Since u so many smses, can share them here and teach the ppl here some viet? thanks alot

-> CHO TIEN :mad:
-> DU MA :mad:

Its better not to understand these few words!

jackbl
24-09-2008, 02:10 AM
if have anyone really love me and worry for me everything, at that time I then dare to give all my love and affection to that person.

V: E cung co thit a nhung e ko dam yeu ai het vi e con di lam lo cho ba me cua e neu e yeu thi se ko lam dc, neu co ai that su yeu e va lo cho e tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun

S: I also have like you but I dare not love anyone because I working to worry for my dad and mum, If I love, sure will not be able to work. if have anyone really love me and worry for me.......

tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do lun???:confused:

jackbl
24-09-2008, 02:13 AM
nhiều lúc = many times

nghi toi chuyen do = think about that matter

V: Nhieu luc e muon tam su voi a lam nhung e ko bit la a co hieu hay ko thoi, e cung muon kien nhieu tien ve vn lo cho ba me e nhung bay jo e con thieu tien nha, chua co mua ve may bay ve vn nghi toi chuyen do la e da lo va bun roi

S: ...... i want to confide in you but i dunno you understand or not. I also want to eran many money go back vietnam worry for dad and mum but now i already pay money for home, still have to buy air ticket go back vietnam......... i worry and sad already.

Nhieu luc??
nghi toi chuyen do???

$$$$.... slowly come in our conversation...

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Viet: Co that la a yeu e ko, neu ma a yeu e a lam dc j cho e
Singlish: really you love me? if you love me, you can do what for me?

Viet: E fai di lam de tra no, a di lam ve met lam ha a moi di lam ve ah
Singlish: i must go work......, you working return tired? you just wroking return?

de tra no???

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Viet: E met wa nen ko cuoi dc e lam ve roi e met trong nguoi nen ve ngu som
Singlish: I very tired, cannot laugh/smile. I work return already. I tired within the body so return sleep early.

Viet: A cu nghi o nha cho khoe di kg gap e cung dc ma ko sao dau a ngu di cho do met
Singlish: You also rest at home to get well. never see me also can also nevermind. you go sleep to cure tiredness. (something like that)

Viet: Sao e voi a giong wa vay hom nay e ngu cung toi 2h moi day, a ko di choi sao ma o nha coi tivi vay ha
Singlish: Why I and you same. Today I also sleep till 2 o'clock than just wakeup. You no go out play why at home watch television?

jackbl
24-09-2008, 09:49 AM
to return him/her..... (I think she owe some $$$)

Viet: E fai di lam de tra no, a di lam ve met lam ha a moi di lam ve ah
Singlish: i must go work......, you working return tired? you just wroking return?

de tra no???

Mercedes
24-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi bros, my viet not so good so need abit of help.

1. Xin loi, em yeu anh nhung da kg con gi nua tam biet. em rat so minh phai dau vi anh.

my try: sorry, i love u but......... I very............

2. Anh dung suy nghi nhieu em yeu anh nhung em nhieu khong the nao em khong sao chuc anh ngu ngon

my try: I correct.....think alot i love you but i ........ never mind, goodnight

Some background: she thinks i got bx. :(

VietnamLover
24-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Bro KangTuo,

While it is nice of you to post some Vietnamese - English sentences to share with others, there are some grammar words that you did not translate in correct way. Also, there are some mis-spelt Vietnamese words. Let me correct some lines.

V: A di an di, co fai la toi a lai cho e di choi ko dc ngu nhieu nen a met dung on
Singlish: You go eat. Tonight you come back for me and go around, right? Cannot sleep much so you are tired.

V: E cung muon hieu a nhieu nhung a fai tam su voi e thi 2 dua minh moi hieu nhau nhieu chu nhung luc e bun e mun tam su voi a lam nhung e ko bit a co chiu nghe e tam su ko
S: I also want to understand you much but you must confide with me so that 2 persons can just understand each other much but whenever I am sad, I want to confide with you much but I dont know you will agree to hear me confide or not.

V: A dung co jan e nha e cung mun di choi va noi chuyen voi a lam, nhung ban e zo e ko bo di voi a dc e fai lam kg thoi ba chu cua e la e chet lan sau gap nha e dang bun mun tam su voi a nhiu lam
S: You don't be angry with me. I also want to go around and talk with you much but my friend don't let me go with you. I must work. If not, my lady boss scold me die. Next time we meet. Now I am sad and want to confide with you very much.

V: E cung co thich a nhung e ko dam yeu ai het vi e con di lam lo cho ba me cua e neu e yeu thi se ko lam dc, neu co ai that su yeu e va lo cho e tat ca luc do e moi dam yeu trao het tinh cam cua e cho nguoi do luon
S: I also like you but I don't dare to love anyone because I still go to work and worry for my father and mother. If I love, I will not work well. If anyone really love me and worry all for me, that is when I just dare to give all my feeling for that person.

V: Nhieu luc e muon tam su voi a lam nhung e ko biet la a co hieu hay ko thoi, e cung muon kien nhieu tien ve vn lo cho ba me e nhung bay gio e con thieu tien nha, chua co mua ve may bay ve vn nghi toi chuyen do la e da lo va bun roi
S: Many times when I want to confide with you much but I dont know if you can understand or not. I also want to save much money to go back to Vietnam and worry for my father and mother but now I still pay money for home, not yet buy air ticket to go back Vietnam. Think about the matter and I am worried and sad already.

V: Co that la a yeu e ko, neu ma a yeu e a lam dc j cho e
S: Seriously, do you love me? If you love me, you do what you can for me.

V: E fai di lam de tra no, a di lam ve met lam ha a moi di lam ve ah
S: I must go work to pay it. You go work and return very tired? You just go work and return ah?

jackbl
24-09-2008, 01:02 PM
bro adguy, can help to translate this "đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối " thanks!!! :D

jackbl
24-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hihi, your translation is around the line... as KT.... :D

As long as we know what it means can liao....

IMHO, the word in below sentence "NO", doesnt means IT in this context.... It should means HIM/HER, "NO" used here is a little bit impolite. Maybe can use "CO AY" / "ANH AY". Everything is ok as long as we "hieu"... Thanks for your contribution, looking forward to see more from u. Cya :)

My penny thoughts... if i m incorrect, let me know so i can learn the correct ones... Cam on
Bro KangTuo,

While it is nice of you to post some Vietnamese - English sentences to share with others, there are some grammar words that you did not translate in correct way. Also, there are some mis-spelt Vietnamese words. Let me correct some lines.

V: E fai di lam de tra no, a di lam ve met lam ha a moi di lam ve ah
S: I must go work to pay it. You go work and return very tired? You just go work and return ah?

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Bro KangTuo,

Bro, nice compilation and good english translation. Thats why i put it as a Singlish translation... i hate grammer. :p

Reading your sentences in english is much more smoother.
UP your rep pts for your contribution. :D

Octlong
24-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Good place to learn Tien Viet. :D

Best Best Regards
Long

RJ2004
24-09-2008, 03:27 PM
gees this page so many colors see until i wanna faint already :p

VietnamLover
24-09-2008, 03:37 PM
đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối
talking sweet honey words is a deceit.

bro adguy, can help to translate this "đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối " thanks!!! :D

jackbl
24-09-2008, 04:01 PM
NBzzz, u see bra and panties of MORE colors never heard u say wanna faint :D so when u wanna contribute by helping me with the translations

gees this page so many colors see until i wanna faint already :p

jackbl
24-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Wa... i also got help u with many translation ma... why u no say UP my points de? I jealous leh :D

Nevermind, i dun wan points also. I wan u to intro me "co gai rat dep hay de thuong".

Reading your sentences in english is much more smoother.
UP your rep pts for your contribution. :D

jackbl
24-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Tieng Viet.

Without your contribution, we still lack of something. For a person like u, being in HCMC for a few years, sure can chip in 1 thing or rather. So dun be modest, share-and-care.... Waiting to see ur input hor ;)

Good place to learn Tien Viet. :D

Best Best Regards
Long

jackbl
24-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks. But i can make a request by asking u to translate word by word? Sorry for being so "difficult" on u.

dang sau=?
IS tinh ngot ngao=sweet honey talk?
nam la=?
IS lua doi=deceit?

đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối
talking sweet honey words is a deceit.

jackbl
24-09-2008, 04:20 PM
1. Sorry, I love you but dun have already good bye. I very scare myself hurt because of u.

2. U dun think too much, I love u but I know cannot. I nevermind. Wish u good night.

If i m wrong, pls correct me. Let's learn together :)

1. Xin loi, em yeu anh nhung da kg con gi nua tam biet. em rat so minh phai dau vi anh.

2. Anh dung suy nghi nhieu em yeu anh nhung em nhieu khong the nao em khong sao chuc anh ngu ngon

my try: I correct.....think alot i love you but i ........ never mind, goodnight

Some background: she thinks i got bx. :(

VietnamLover
24-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Earlier, I wrote the translated words for easy reading. If you want the translation exactly, here it goes:

Behind charming is deceit.

đằng sau - behind
tính ngọt ngào nằm - charming (sweet honey talk is also fine to use)
là - is
sự lừa dối - deceit

Thanks. But i can make a request by asking u to translate word by word? Sorry for being so "difficult" on u.

dang sau=?
IS tinh ngot ngao=sweet honey talk?
nam la=?
IS lua doi=deceit?

VietnamLover
24-09-2008, 05:11 PM
1. Sorry, I love you but don't have anything more. Good bye. I am very afraid that I will hurt myself because of you.

2. You don't think so much. I love you but I understand cannot. Never mind about me. Wish you good night.

[QUOTE=Mercedes;3090115]

[\QUOTE]

Mercedes
24-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks bros jackbl and Vietnamlover,

Guess its nt good to chiong J51 when already have 1 bx. :D
But there are too many temptations out there.

cashier
24-09-2008, 10:44 PM
hom nay anh co lai Kg

What this mean? pls help

Hom =?
nay = ?
co = ?
lai = ?

this gal sms to me most words not found at page 2..

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 11:28 PM
NBzzz, u see bra and panties of MORE colors

today eat dinner at BL area. See 1 gal in white top with colourful flowery bra...no see panty leh. Blue bra with 3 yellow flower on each side :p

But hor waste time in BL area on monday and today... ALL CMI... aunties, out of shape and ugly gals alot.

Tues drink kopi at GL42..... MUST GO! all gooood. Going later :D

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 11:34 PM
hom nay anh co lai Kg

What this mean? pls help

Hom =?
nay = ?
co = ?
lai = ?

this gal sms to me most words not found at page 2..

Hom nay = today
anh = you (refer to guy)
co = have
lai = come
kg = (or) not

she asking you got see her tonite .... (and give her money) or not?

KangTuo
24-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Wa... i also got help u with many translation ma... why u no say UP my points de? I jealous leh :D

Nevermind, i dun wan points also. I wan u to intro me "co gai rat dep hay de thuong".

UP your pts looooooooonnnnnng time ago.
I have 1 petite gal, I have 1 SYT (18yo), I had big boobs gal.

I want you to intro me 3 in 1. Petite, SYT, big boob gal... know any? :p

albert141
25-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Has anyone figured out VietKeys yet? It's confusing the shit out of me. Could also be because I don't like reading help files :)

Personally prefer girls from the North. Saigon and the south has a lot of slang which I cannot catch.

Any bros like northern girls too? Find them to be prettier than in the south. I know some bros say that the northern girls look like Guangxi people. Which to some is a total turn off.