PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
any bros here can help me translate what is "tinh yeu"? i googled but cant find any.... :( thks in advance

If u use google translate, u need to key in the exact vn word with diacritcal mark. Try this : http://v2.vdict.com/ Choose Vietnamese -> English dictionary. Type Tinh yeu. There will be suggestion of tình yêu.

jackbl
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
nice to see sooo many senior expert Viets here!

No expert here. Mostly hardworking guys who try our best to google, vdict. :D Lastly, we go out and find lady teachers to teach us :D

vietnam80
03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
it is " love "

Thank u bro... if a guy sms a girl "tinh yeu", so he is calling her "love"????

vietnam80
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
If u use google translate, u need to key in the exact vn word with diacritcal mark. Try this : http://v2.vdict.com/ Choose Vietnamese -> English dictionary. Type Tinh yeu. There will be suggestion of tình yêu.

Thank you so much bro...

sengseng2
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
No expert here. Mostly hardworking guys who try our best to google, vdict. :D Lastly, we go out and find lady teachers to teach us :D

Yaya correct hehe

jackbl
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Many XNN cases in VN :( :mad:

Chinese-owned clinics: Talk much, do nothing
=================================================

Chinese-owned clinics: Selling sickness
===========================================
Tuoi Tre continues with an expose of Chinese-owned clinics where healthy men are turned into sick people.

“You are impotent!”

On September 7, a Tuoi Tre reporter came to Ky Tinh Chinese Medical Clinic, at 43 Kinh Duong Vuong, District 6, pretending to be a patient with erection disorder.

After asking about his conditions through an interpreter, a doctor took pulses on both his hands and said, “You are suffering impaired physiological nerve function, liver and kidney failure, obstructed blood circulation, and fatty liver. All of these indicate that you are impotent and if this condition is left untreated, it will become incurable.”

He then examined his tongue and said his impotence could be treated with a therapy applied for 20 days at a cost of VND250,000 ($12) per day for “normal” medicines and VND350,000-400,000 for “better” ones.

The reporter left after explaining to the interpreter that he had not brought enough money to pay.

Medicines without origin

Tran Trong Nghia, from Phu Nhuan District, who also came to Ky Tinh, said he was diagnosed with a sore throat which the doctor said might develop into cancer or other dangerous complications.

The doctor convinced Nghia that his condition would be cured within 20 days at a total cost of VND8 million worth of medicines.

Nghia agreed and was given medicines packed in paper bags on which, except for the name of the clinic, there was no information about the origin, name, manufacturer or date of expiry of the drugs.

“At risk of cancer”

At the Hien Dai clinic, at 337 Cong Hoa Street, Tan Binh District, a Tuoi Tre reporter with normal health was diagnosed to have “short breathing due to impaired lung function” and was warned that “this condition could lead to cancer.”

Similarly, he was asked to take medicines for the first treatment period of 20 days at VND400,000-500,000 per day, depending on the quality of the drug, and would be re-examined after 1 or 2 months.

The same ritual took place in some other clinics, like Truong An at 786 Hong Bang, District 11, and Tam Duc at 943-945-947 Tran Hung Dao Street, District 5.

At Truong An, patients had to pay on average VND250,000 per day for medicines, while at Tam Duc, the cost was up to VND600,000 per day.

Nine times more costly

L.T.T.M., 45, from Tay Ninh province, came to the Hien Dai oriental medicine clinic on August 27, after she was given a free copy of its “medical handbook” by a girl while on her way to the market.

A doctor at Hien Dai told M. that her disease was serious and she needed to take a kind of specific medicine worth VND350,000 per day for 30 days. As the cost was too high, M bought just 3 doses and some other medicines for VND2.1 million.

She later went to a drugstore on Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street in District 5 to look for the medicines in hope that the price was lower. She was very surprised to find each dose was worth only VND40,000!

Tonsillitis treatment through the nostril!

N.T.H. took her 10-year-old daughter, P.D.K., who suffered tonsillitis, to the Ear-Nose-Throat Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City for treatment. The doctor said the girl needed a vegetation adenoid (VA) removal.

Not wanting her daughter to be exposed to anesthetics that would be used in the surgery, she took her to Phuong Nam Oriental Medicine Clinic at 450 Ba Thang Hai Street, District 10 on July 28 to seek another treatment plan.

A Chinese doctor wearing no ID badge administered a certain drug inside the right nostril and told H. the VA would be destroyed, while the VA is in her mouth!

He told H. to return after 10 days for a similar therapy to the left nostril.

A few days after treatment, K’s face swelled up and some blood flowed out from the nostril. Thinking that the condition resulted from the “destructed” VA, she still took K. to the clinic and the same condition occurred again.

The two treatments together with medicines cost H. about VND7.7 million but K’s tonsillitis remained while the bleeding continued.

When she took her daughter back to the ENT Hospital, the doctors said they had to treat the ulcers at the nostrils before treatment of the VA could begin.

sengseng2
03-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Got another message still cant locate online translation.
"Ni pha pha"
Wats this??

KangTuo
03-10-2011, 09:19 PM
In this context,

If u use google translate

uncle jackbl in good mood these few days... faster ask him for any translation :)

rubygzayas
03-10-2011, 09:27 PM
great story sexy.-----------

i also want to share link for make it real

http://www.datingintimate.com

8fdjf934ms
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Can any bros help to translate this conversation? just want to figure out what these two girls saying between the both of them. the ones in bracket is what i've figured out so far. too many short forms liao.

thanks jackbl for linking the old vdict http://v2.vdict.com/ ... thought they changed it forever... still prefer the old interface.

Thang co hon dang ghet
De minh hoi no

Hoi no k nho ban ha sao kh gui hình cho ban

Uh.no noi ko

Hoi no kg muon gui cho ban ha

No noi la no ko gui.troi oi no nt minh no viet dau luon roi ne
Minh keu meeth gui hinh ma no ko gui kia ban
Di dinh thay them.di dong lam
Thay ghet
Cuoi que ha.

Cung nguyen ngay

8h di

Vay ha

Roi ve moi di len gia lao

Uh ngay mai di som kg (tomorrow go early?)

Mai di dinh thay them
Chu yeu ve di chua ha

Haha buon roi (sad already)
Hấn

ko.co tay dau ma nhau

Nhau ha

Gio dang ngoi an ne
Ve toi lk lau roi

Di ve toi dau roi
Dang o p cua bo nhu ne

Co vao cho lam ko? (got go work?)
Dang lam gi ban (what you doing friend)

jackbl
03-10-2011, 10:12 PM
uncle jackbl in good mood these few days... faster ask him for any translation :)

Going hcmc for exploration soon :D

Simple one I can. No head no tail one, I cant help. My knowledge not so wide and vast :)

project_devils
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
this is the best solutions... :D

dingding75
03-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Any bros, can pls help me to translet this thank you.... E len may bay roi! A o nha dung di luoc khoai do nha, e se buon do! Huhu.. Chuc nhung ji tot dep se den voi a!

8fdjf934ms
03-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Can any bros help to translate this conversation? just want to figure out what these two girls saying between the both of them. the ones in bracket is what i've figured out so far. too many short forms liao.

thanks jackbl for linking the old vdict http://v2.vdict.com/ ... thought they changed it forever... still prefer the old interface.

Thang co hon dang ghet
De minh hoi no

Hoi no k nho ban ha sao kh gui hình cho ban

Uh.no noi ko

Hoi no kg muon gui cho ban ha

No noi la no ko gui.troi oi no nt minh no viet dau luon roi ne
Minh keu meeth gui hinh ma no ko gui kia ban
Di dinh thay them.di dong lam
Thay ghet
Cuoi que ha.

Cung nguyen ngay

8h di

Vay ha

Roi ve moi di len gia lao

Uh ngay mai di som kg (tomorrow go early?)

Mai di dinh thay them
Chu yeu ve di chua ha

Haha buon roi (sad already)
Hấn

ko.co tay dau ma nhau

Nhau ha

Gio dang ngoi an ne
Ve toi lk lau roi

Di ve toi dau roi
Dang o p cua bo nhu ne

Co vao cho lam ko? (got go work?)
Dang lam gi ban (what you doing friend)

jackbl
03-10-2011, 11:38 PM

So u are also going to hcmc on 7th to find teachers??? Wish u good luck :D

jackbl
03-10-2011, 11:41 PM
... E len may bay roi! A o nha dung di luoc khoai do nha, e se buon do! Huhu.. Chuc nhung ji tot dep se den voi a!

I go up aeroplane already! U at home do not go "luoc khoai" there ok, I will be sad. Wish things good will be with u.....

Where u often go with her??? luoc khoai ???

jackbl
03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Someone PM this :

"Co the hiệu nhau.vi toi chua hiệu tiếng Trung Quốc toi buon lam"

May/Can understand each other. Because I have not understand Chinese I very sad.

Why PM me? Put up here and can get help from a lot of hardworking bro here....

dingding75
04-10-2011, 12:05 AM
I go up aeroplane already! U at home do not go "luoc khoai" there ok, I will be sad. Wish things good will be with u.....

Where u often go with her??? luoc khoai ???

Sorry... Bro wat is luoc khoai?

deptrai4u
04-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Sorry... Bro wat is luoc khoai?

your lampa is khoai. luoc is to boil.. basically she is saying u do not go and fuck around. I think!

volcano
04-10-2011, 03:52 AM
A o nha dung di luoc khoai do nha, e se buon do

telling u to stay at home and not go outside to f**k around with other gals,if not she will be sad.

jackbl
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM
your lampa is khoai. luoc is to boil.. basically she is saying u do not go and fuck around. I think!

telling u to stay at home and not go outside to f**k around with other gals,if not she will be sad.

Hi bro,
Luoc Khoai is their slang for F**k around with gals ???? :D New words learnt this week :p

deptrai4u
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi bro,
Luoc Khoai is their slang for F**k around with gals ???? :D New words learnt this week :p

Khoai is actually potato... the girls usually refer to the groin area as khoai as it looks like we stuff a big potato into our underwear to cause that buldge to show... so when they say big dick, its Khoai to (north) or khoai ber (south).

Luoc is to boil... rau luoc (boiled vegetables), so when u add 1 to 1... "dun go boiling potato and make me sad", it has only to mean "dun go f**k around and make me sad lor..."

jf66312
04-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Khoai is actually potato... the girls usually refer to the groin area as khoai as it looks like we stuff a big potato into our underwear to cause that buldge to show... so when they say big dick, its Khoai to (north) or khoai ber (south).

Luoc is to boil... rau luoc (boiled vegetables), so when u add 1 to 1... "dun go boiling potato and make me sad", it has only to mean "dun go f**k around and make me sad lor..."

nice one bro...learnt something new today.... :D

vietboy
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Dun tell me she sell cakes...

KangTuo
05-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Dun tell me she sell cakes...

:confused::confused::confused:
are you talking about bro hurricane riddle? abit too late ba... answer provided liao ma

latest talk is about boiling potatoes :)

oneharu
05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
chua oj! a dang noj caj gj?? a ko hjeu ban noj caj gj??

magical
05-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Bro,

Em lúc nào củng nhớ anh !anh có gặp phillip con heo chưa vậy anh ?áo anh bận co vừa và đươc không anh?

Can help translate.

Very hard to learn vietnamese

Thanks to all bros

jackbl
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
chua oj! a dang noj caj gj?? a ko hjeu ban noj caj gj??

Oh my god! You say what? I dun understand friend say what?

U never tell me the background of this sms. So I just guess. There are 2 "a" here. 1st a is the opposite person. 2nd a is ownself..... (a=anh)

jackbl
05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Em lúc nào củng nhớ anh !anh có gặp phillip con heo chưa vậy anh ?áo anh bận co vừa và đươc không anh?

I think first sentence u shd know if u got do a little research : http://v2.vdict.com/?autotranslation

anh có gặp phillip con heo chưa vậy anh = You got meet Phillip Pig already?

áo anh bận co vừa và đươc không anh = Shirt you wear is it fitting and can wear?

jackbl
05-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Very hard to learn vietnamese

Try the above! If not, pay me school fee, I teach u personally :D

vietboy
05-10-2011, 10:05 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
are you talking about bro hurricane riddle? abit too late ba... answer provided liao ma

latest talk is about boiling potatoes :)

Sorry i slow lah.

dingding75
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok bro I had checked louc khoai meaning high on drug

AdGuy
06-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Got another message still cant locate online translation.
"Ni pha pha"
Wats this??

Bro.. I'm guessing this is chinese la de.

AdGuy
06-10-2011, 12:23 AM
I think first sentence u shd know if u got do a little research : http://v2.vdict.com/?autotranslation

anh có gặp phillip con heo chưa vậy anh = You got meet Phillip Pig already?

áo anh bận co vừa và đươc không anh = Shirt you wear is it fitting and can wear?

This one I must correct... chua is 'yet' not 'already' :D

So it is you got meet Philip pig yet?

jackbl
06-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Hard lessons for Vietnam as property slumps
================================================== ===

Like many hoping for easy cash in Vietnam’s property market, Nguyen Thu Huong borrowed VND500 million ($24,000) from a bank in April to buy a new flat she didn’t need and planned to flip. The only question, she thought, was how big the profit would be.

Five months later, she is lucky if she can sell it at all.

Vietnam’s real-estate market has stalled, beset by soaring inflation, sky-high interest rates and sharp lending curbs. Developers are halting projects or delaying new ones. Prices have fallen from dizzying heights in 2006 and 2007 and brokers are bracing for more losses ahead.

“The real estate market is at its ugliest ever,” said Doan Nguyen Duc, chairman of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Co and one of Vietnam’s best known property millionaires.

“I expect the market to continue to fall much deeper.”

Rewind just four years and speculators were lining up to buy condos as developers built entire communities in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies, stirring hope the country of nearly 90 million people would soon enter a new era of prosperity.

Now, empty office towers and concrete shells of apartment complexes rise half empty from congested streets, threatening segments of the banking sector, where about 10 percent of bad debts are officially listed as property-related.

The actual amount may be higher and untold billions of dollars in other loans have property as collateral.

The slowdown will likely complicate an economic recovery that many economists had hoped was finally turning a corner after nearly a year of double-digit inflation.

“My fear is that we’ve had the collapse of the housing market but we haven’t had the Lehman Brothers yet,” said Jonathan Pincus, Dean of the Fulbright Economics Teaching Program in Ho Chi Minh City, referring to the September 2008 collapse of the once-mighty U.S. investment house.

Huong and other consumers are learning the hard way that property prices can move in both directions, even in Vietnam.

“We could have sold the flat immediately for a VND200 million ($9,600) profit but we hoped to get VND500 million ($24,000) by waiting a few months,” said Huong, who works in Hanoi at a government agency involved in the real-estate sector.

Meanwhile, she keeps doling out VND7.5 million ($360) a month in interest, a large sum in a country where the average annual income is about $1,100. A second installment of VND500 million is due soon.

“I can’t afford to make the payments anymore,” she said.

Starved for capital

Developers are feeling the pain, too.

In its campaign to tame Asia’s highest inflation, the State Bank of Vietnam, the central bank, this year hiked interest rates and ordered banks to limit their level of debt in “non-productive” sectors, including property, to 16 percent of all loans by year-end.

That effectively dammed a river of cash that had become the life-blood of many property developers, as demand fell and advance payments from customers dried up.

When the market boomed, developers sourced about 20 percent of their cash from bank financing and 80 percent from advanced payments. But that ratio had flipped by 2010, said Nguyen Xuan Thanh, a fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and head of the public policy program at the Fulbright School.

“Basically these developers cannot sell,” he said.

Hoang Anh Gia Lai, or HAGL, one of the country’s biggest diversified conglomerates, anchored by a large property development business, is one example.

After becoming in March the first Vietnamese firm to list on the London Stock Exchange, it reported negative earnings before interest and tax in the second quarter of this year after several consecutive quarters in the black.

The firm, strong in mid-end residential property in the bustling commercial capital of Ho Chi Minh City, has been “hard hit” by the property downturn and was delaying at least three projects, the brokerage Saigon Securities Inc said in a report.

HAGL has now decided to shift away from its reliance on property. In 2010 it derived 90 percent of its income from the sector. By 2014 that will be 20 percent, said Duc, the chairman.

“There won’t ever be a golden age for real estate like in 2007,” he said, when margins were a “ghastly” 200-300 percent.

Peter Ryder, chief executive of Indochina Capital, which manages three private, closed-ended real-estate funds with over $2 billion of projects under management and development in Vietnam, said distressed investment opportunities were starting to appear.

“Either they can’t get additional money from the banks because banks have been told ‘no more money for real estate’, or they can’t afford to pay the interest rate on new loans, let alone existing debt that’s in place,” he said.

Unreasonable

In the past four years, credit growth averaged 35 percent a year. That added almost $100 billion in new credit, almost equal to the country’s 2010 economic output. It also inflated Vietnam’s credit-to-GDP ratio to a high 125 percent, the Asian Development Bank says. Non-performing loans also rose.

At the end of last year, the central bank reported the non-performing loan ratio at 2.16 percent. Two weeks ago, it said the rate by July was 3.04 percent -- an increase of over 40 percent. Central bank governor Nguyen Van Binh said the rate could hit 5 percent by year’s end.

Credit-ratings agency Moody’s Investors Service said on September 1 it believed Vietnam bank asset quality to be “far worse” than officially reported.

Analysts agree and some say the true figure may be higher.

Real estate is only one part of the bad-debt picture. Inefficient, indebted state-owned enterprises such as the near bankrupt shipbuilder Vinashin continue to rack up hefty losses.

But after a speculative boom that inflated prices to what HAGL’s Duc called “unreasonable” levels and led many SOEs to set up real-estate arms, property loans may be the most toxic.

The National Financial Supervisory Committee, which advises the government, was quoted in the Saigon Economic Times on September 19 as saying about half of all non-performing loans may have to be written off, with real-estate loans making up the bulk.

Most at risk are a handful of small banks. The biggest banks have relatively low exposure to real estate, averaging around 10 percent.

Many small banks have 30-40 percent of their loan books in property, and some even have over 50 percent, a state newspaper quoted Le Xuan Nghia, vice chairman of the National Financial Supervisory Committee, as saying this week.

No bank has been singled out as in trouble but those with real-estate developers as major stakeholders are being watched closely. They had channeled vast quantities of capital into property projects under various guises.

State media say some big banks have overall bad-debt ratios above the average. At the biggest bank, Agribank, for instance, it is 6.67 percent, most of which Chairman Nguyen Ngoc Bao says is in real estate, VnExpress.vn reported.

House of cards

But two issues compound concerns about the problem: an acute lack of transparency and the open secret that many banks will do just about anything to suppress their bad debt ratios.

If banks fail to meet the central bank’s 16 percent target for “non-productive” sector loans, they will see their capital adequacy requirements doubled and they will be barred from opening new branches.

Knowing they can’t reach the targets legitimately, analysts suspect some banks are creatively rolling over or re-categorising an unknown quantity of Vietnam’s real-estate debt.

“We think the banks are mortally afraid to call in bad debt because they have to report it and they don’t have the money to increase their capital adequacy ratios,” said one seasoned Vietnam property agent who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the issue.

“Nobody wants to tell the truth because then the whole house of cards falls.”

One trick that emerged last year is to disguise real-estate loans as corporate bonds, said Thanh.

“It happens with a lot of major real-estate developers,” he said, adding that it was impossible to know the magnitude of the fudging because all are done as private placement bonds.

In late August, a report by Credit Suisse outlined risks to the corporate and banking sectors and came to this conclusion in a note to potential investors: “We recommend avoiding financial services and property as these sectors are at the heart of Vietnam’s critical debt levels.”

The central bank is working on a solution. It has plans to help 10 small banks with liquidity problems, although none have been named publicly, and is openly discussing possible mergers.

“The danger is that if the government cannot force the banks to restructure, or at least to recover as much as possible from their bad debt, then there will be a problem. There will be fiscal implications for the government because politically they cannot let the banks fail,” said Thanh.

“They still can somehow fix the problem, but they have to do it now.”

Reuters

oneharu
06-10-2011, 04:13 AM
the first sentance is, i always miss u,
my wife is vietnamese, so i know how to speak some

poop_ant
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I think her name is TINA. VERY SEXY and looked slutty

Facebook link
Search under Email [email protected]
or MeiMei Tina.

Anyone who see her at Joo Chiat before pls share which pub she work in

jackbl
07-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I think her name is TINA. VERY SEXY and looked slutty

Why u post no head no tail???

jackbl
07-10-2011, 05:50 PM
the first sentance is, i always miss u,
my wife is vietnamese, so i know how to speak some

Ok so we wait for you here to teach us Vnese. :)

jackbl
07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
HANOI: The death toll from the worst floods to strike Vietnam's Mekong Delta in a decade has risen to 18, the government said on Friday as it warned of further danger.

Sixteen of the dead were children, the national flood and storm control committee said.

"In the next few days, flooding in the Mekong Delta will rise slowly and continue to remain high," the committee said in a statement.

It said about 56,000 homes have been inundated and more than 6,500 hectares (16,000 acres) of rice destroyed in the flooding, which started in mid-September.

Vietnam is the world's number-two rice exporter and the Mekong Delta in the south accounts for half the country's production.

Official media said the lost rice crop in one affected province alone was worth $2.7 million.

Unusually severe monsoon floods have killed 252 people in Thailand and 172 people in Cambodia, while inundating vast swathes of paddy fields in the region.

- AFP/cc

vietboy
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Why u post no head no tail???

He posted the same thing in a few thread already.

sengseng2
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Bro.. I'm guessing this is chinese la de.

Maybe hor.
Btw not important liao.
Games over cuz really cant communicate.
Thanks bros here for the help in translation.

oneharu
08-10-2011, 04:45 AM
toj noj tiếng Việt ko tot, i dun really noe much & i very selfdom online oso, can't let her know im active in tis website or i'll get question by her if she finds out =X

i was once ktv & hc siao, morning hc aftnoon & evening ktv..... T_T

tchinkoo
08-10-2011, 09:52 PM
guys. can help mi with these

1)e xin loi e ko the ve vn bay gio duoc.me
e gio dang nam o benh vien

2)e muon ve di hoc nhung e phai o lai day lam
den thang 12 moi ve vn duoc

3)thang 12 e se ve vietnam

a vb i met in vn call mi yesterday don't understad what she is
is trying to tell mi in engish then later i think she gave up
and sent mi these 3 messages. i think she is in malaysia

thanks!!!

Seletar
09-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Hi bros, can help me translate ? Thanks.

Co di lam hok chi

KangTuo
09-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi bros, can help me translate ? Thanks.

Co di lam hok chi

got go work or not, sister

soi15
09-10-2011, 10:39 AM

e gio dang nam o benh vieni sorry, i cannot go back vn now. My mother is sick.

den thang 12 moi ve vn duoci wanna go to school but have to work here. Dec go back vn.

3)thang 12 e se ve vietnam. dec go back vn

a vb i met in vn call mi yesterday don't understad what she is
is trying to tell mi in engish then later i think she gave up
and sent mi these 3 messages. i think she is in malaysia

thanks!!!

i try. You see how?

Hurricane88
09-10-2011, 11:03 AM
i try. You see how?

e gio dang nam o benh vieni sorry, i cannot go back vn now. My mother is sick.

should be "my mother is now in hospital"

benh vien = hospital

lovesprout
09-10-2011, 11:33 AM

e gio dang nam o benh vien

den thang 12 moi ve vn duoc

3)thang 12 e se ve vietnam

thanks!!!

1. I am sorry. I cannot go back to vn right now. my mother is lying in the hospital.

2. I want to go back to study, but I have to stay here working until December.

3. December I will go back to vn.

jellyfish_jvss
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Bros, need some advice here.

Would like to know what implication will i get myself into if i bring my vietnam gf who is a WL to malaysia in order to get an extension for her social pass, if not she will be going back on the 14th.

tchinkoo
09-10-2011, 11:23 PM
thank u guys for the translation
really appreciate ur help

cheers!!!

AdGuy
09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi Bros, need some advice here.

Would like to know what implication will i get myself into if i bring my vietnam gf who is a WL to malaysia in order to get an extension for her social pass, if not she will be going back on the 14th.

Wrong thread bro!

but since i'm in a good mood today, you potentially run 2 risks:

1. If she is not allowed in, by default, you need to make the trip all the way to m'sia again to send her barang barang.

2. This I'm not very sure... (please check again) but I've heard that you could become her guarantor by default, i.e. if she's caught working... then you my friend, will be invited to have coffee.

A lot of people have shun away from doing this (even if they are paid to do so). Unless she's worth the risk, dun take it.

intoxicated316
10-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Chao adguy,

Cam on a da tra loi nhan cua a

Do la a thuc van de truoc mat~

Xin loi neu a ko biet a noi dau

A viet TV ko tot.. phai hoc nhieu lam

vietboy
10-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Agreed with bro AdGuy.
Best not to do it.

Bro AdGuy, yur no.2 risks is confirmed. This will happen when u say the gal is yur gf. So ICA will immediately tell u that u r her guarantor automatically. Anything happened to her here, u will be in for interview.

But its yur call whether to help the gal or not.

I heard that denied reentry is common lately. So a lot of gals eventually have to go back VN from KL. Imagine u have to accompany her all the way up to KL. Unless she has friends in malaysia so can work there with them n then go back with her friends.

But i heard from a few gals tat working in malaysia ktv is much worse than singapore ktv. Customers there get e gals to take drugs so can get high n play fiercely. Also they r prone to robberies too. They tell me they would rather work here. More money n better environment.

jackbl
10-10-2011, 09:58 AM

I dun understand what you are trying to say too :D

AdGuy
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Chao adguy,

In context, if u refer to me as 'anh', then you will be 'em' and vice versa.

Take your time to learn and enjoy the language, not for the girls

AdGuy
10-10-2011, 10:55 AM
But i heard from a few gals tat working in malaysia ktv is much worse than singapore ktv. Customers there get e gals to take drugs so can get high n play fiercely. Also they r prone to robberies too. They tell me they would rather work here. More money n better environment.

Sad but true.

All girls who work in m'sia are as good as gone. Seriously, they are better off working in vn. No offense to m'sian guys, but many of you treat them like f***.

End of conversation. This is a TV. Thread

intoxicated316
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh I was saying thank you for adguy's fast reply
My apologies if you don't understand what I'm sAying
my tv not good.. Must study more..
Did I say type wrongly? Jackbl?
Pls correct me if im wrong so I can learn from my mistakes
Oh! Thanks vietboy too for ur info :)

Santaclaws
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice article to look at Masseuse/WLs from another perspective.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lan Pham, 21, works in a massage parlour in District I of Ho Chi Minh City, better known as Saigon. It’s where most tourists stay when they visit Vietnam. Like millions of young people from the rural, Saigon is a big magnet with promises of better life for those who come from backbreaking work in the rice fields and cycle of debts. Pham spoke with NAM editor, Andrew Lam, who visited his homeland on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War.

HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - I’m from Tan Chau district in An Giang province. There are six people in my family. We’re all farmers. I’ve been to Saigon for four years.

Do you know how hard it is for farmers? The life of a farmer is a life that’s always in debt. You live dependent on the crop. All those months waiting for the rice to ripen you need to feed your family so you borrow money. When the crop’s ready you’ll pay it all back with interest. When something happens, flood or failed crop, you’ll have to borrow more money to survive. And you’ll stay in debt. After a while you end up doing things you don’t want to do.

My parents were always in debt. They couldn’t feed four kids. My sister got married at 17 to this old Taiwanese man she never met until he showed up and married her. She had to make money. She sent money home for about a year but now we don’t know what happened. It’s been several years since she’s kind of disappeared. So we fell into debt again because we started fixing the house when she was sending money but we didn’t have enough money. So it was my turn to take care my family.

I’m second to the oldest. My family is more important than my own life, so I’d do anything for them. Anything. Do I like doing what I’m doing? Are you crazy? No. It already ruined my life. But let me tell you something: this is way better than watching your family starved or get kicked off their land.

But who am I to complaint? Saigon is full of non-Saigonese, people like me, people who come in from the rural areas trying to make a living, trying to survive. Come Tet [Vietnamese new year] and the streets here are emptied. Every one goes home to the province to be with family. It’s the only time that we take a break from whatever we do to support our family to be with our family.

When I got to Saigon I never imagined life here was so wealthy. All these big houses and shiny new cars. But the Saigonese they look down on us from the provinces, they look down on peasants. They think we’re stupid. But I actually was always near top of my class. I read books and newspapers but they think I’m stupid or illiterate. I had to drop out of 9th grade to help my family. I could’ve gone on if I had opportunities.

What do I read in the papers? More golf courses being built. Billion of dollars being invested. But where’s the money for the rest of us? Big shots built villas with gold plated ceilings. Big shots play golf but the bridges built [by the government] in the provinces collapse repeatedly. Big shots play tennis then they come here for massages and treat the girls like dirt.

If I were president I would feed the poor, build shelter for the homeless. I'd do something that makes poor people feel like they are being helped. I wouldn’t drive people off their land so the rich can have their tall high rises and their golf courses.

As far as my customers go, I don’t like Americans. I like Australians. They’re nice and polite. They’re funny. A few said they wanted to marry me after I make them feel so good - but it’s all lies. They’d come back a few times then they’re gone.

But I don’t want to marry a Vietnamese man. They are so full of trickery… Vietnamese men are not to be trusted. They treat women like trash especially my kind. We are things to be tossed aside when they’ re done. They are lousy tippers - they don’t tips unless you tell them that… that it’s expected. Sometimes they insult you after you serviced them. Sometimes when I step on their backs [Back-walking massage] I wanted to stomp on their necks.[laughs]

But I make money now. I make enough so my family survives and my two younger [siblings] can continue to go to school. And I even have money left over to pay for massage myself sometimes [laughs]. I’m serious. It’s hard work what I do.

I know I can’t go on like this too long [starts to tear up.] But if I were to work as a cook or factory worker, I won’t make any money and my family will face difficulties. I know I need skills to survive but what kind of skills can I get without money to go to school?

My biggest worry right now is that it’s hard to get married. The moment they know I’m a masseuse they think I’m a bad person. I have no chance with anyone decent. I don’t see a way out.

But even massage girls have big dreams. I dream one day I’d find a good husband. I dream I have enough money so I could go find my sister and take her home. Then I’d build us a nice house so the entire family can live together. But I don’t know how that’s ever going to happen.

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/04/why-im-working-as-a-saigon-massage-girl.php

vietboy
11-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Chao adguy,

Yur usage of anh is wrong. 1st u addressed another guy as anh then u addressed yurself as anh also.

When u wan to address someone as anh, either he is much elder than u or u showing some respect. When u address him as anh then u have to address yurself as em.

If u r unsure, u can always use ban and toi, which is you and me. It is safer n less likely to make mistakes.

jackbl
11-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Pls correct me if im wrong so I can learn from my mistakes:)

May I know what are you going to say "Do la a thuc van de truoc mat~"?

intoxicated316
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
@ adguy n vietboy:My apologies.. Thanks for correcting my mistake..
I'll certainly bear that in mind..

@ jackbl: oh.. I was trying to say.." I'm the one thats facing this problem"
Hw shld I write it in TV?

AdGuy
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
@ adguy n vietboy:My apologies.. Thanks for correcting my mistake..
I'll certainly bear that in mind..

@ jackbl: oh.. I was trying to say.." I'm the one thats facing this problem"
Hw shld I write it in TV?

You could say:

Toi la nguoi phai doi mat voi van de do

intoxicated316
11-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks.. I'm still a noob trying to learn the language.. Hope to learn more from masters like yourself over here.. it's through mistakes that we learn :)
Cheers~

jackbl
12-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Soup and porridge for a cold

Certain types of soup and porridge are important in Oriental medicine for treating chronic ailments. They help the sick recuperate and improve the effectiveness of medical treatment. More generally, they ward off disease, improve longevity and alleviate coughing and fever in sick children.

Here are some recipes for soup and porridge remedies that ease the coughs, sniffles and other annoying symptoms of the common cold.

Onion and brown rice porridge: Wash 60g brown rice and cover with water to cook over a high flame until it turns into porridge. Add 20 sliced onions, cook for five more minutes and turn off the stove. The porridge, which should be eaten one bowl at a time several times a day, eases fever, coughing, sniffles, headaches and stomach aches.

Ginger and spring onion porridge: Wash 60g rice and six spring onions. Pour water into a pot and cook the rice over the high flame until it becomes porridge. Then add five pieces of peeled and sliced ginger and sliced spring onions to the pot, and cook for five more minutes. Add sugar to taste and eat one bowl a day. The porridge is good for coughing, chills and a runny nose.

Balm mint and brown rice porridge: Wash 12g tía tô (balm mint) and put the leaves in a pot. Add 200ml water and cook until the water is reduced by half. Discard the mint residue and keep the stock. Now, wash 100g brown rice and put it in the pot along with the concentrated mint stock and another 500ml of water. Cook the rice until it turns into porridge. One bowl in the morning and another in the evening should ease the coughing and fever of a cold.

Malt sugar porridge: Wash 60g rice and put it into a pot. Peel and slice 25g ginger and add to the pot. Pour in one liter of water and cook the rice until it becomes porridge. Add 150g malt sugar. Eat the porridge twice daily, one bowl at a time, to treat a chill or cough.

Bách hợp (lily) and banana soup: Crush 12g bách hợp until it becomes powder. Peel and cut two bananas into small pieces. Place the bách hợp and bananas in a pot and add enough water to cook over a high flame for 10 minutes. Then lower the flame and simmer until the soup thickens. Add a pinch of crushed rock sugar before eating the soup, one bowl at a time, twice daily for seven days.

Red jujube and pumpkin soup: Wash, peel and dice a 500g pumpkin and wash 500g red jujubes. Put the pumpkin and red jujubes in a pot, cover them with water and add 200g red sugar. Stir while cooking until the pieces are soft. Eat one bowl a day to treat a cough. This soup is ideal for children who have been coughing for a long time, and for treating allergies.

White jelly ear and mandarin orange soup: Wash 100g edible white jelly ear and cut out the peduncle. Place the jelly ear in a pot, add water, and cook over a low flame until the jelly ear is soft. Add 200g mandarin orange juice, gently bring the pot to the boil, and turn off the heat. This dish should be eaten for breakfast to fortify the kidneys, release mucus, and overcome coughing, especially in children.

By herbalist Minh Chanh (Suc Khoe & Doi Song)

jackbl
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Che bot loc – the sweet taste of Hue

If anyone has ever visited Hue they should not forget to treat their sweet tooth to a local specialty – the delicious che bot loc.

This name originates from its main ingredient and the unique way in which it is processed. To make this dish you stir and knead the mix of tapioca flour and boiling water carefully until you have elastic dough which you divide it easily into many small dough pieces. After that, use a rolling pin to flatten them, put the filling inside the balls and form small dough balls.

Although the small balls look similar to Chinese dumplings at this stage, che bot loc awakes your taste buds in a completely different way with varied fillings such as peanuts, coconut flesh or even roasted pork. Each filling will give you a new experience. Try peanuts and coconut flesh fillings as a start, and then ask for roast pork.

Che bot loc is served with sweet sauce flavored with several slices of fresh ginger. Some crushed peanuts can be added to enhance the taste. The combination of the hot taste of ginger and sugar soup is really suitable to warm you up on rainy days. Or you can add ice and have it as a refreshing drink in the summer.

Nowadays, you can easily find che bot loc all over Vietnam. In fact, every restaurant specializing in Hue cuisine will have the delicacy in its menu. In Saigon, it can be found in luxurious restaurants to small street food stalls near schools and offices, or in traditional markets.

jackbl
12-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Quahog in District 4
============================
Nestled into the block at 2 Vinh Khanh in District 4, Oc Phat should be a destination for any fans of mollusks. With short, stainless steel tables and tiny red stools it is classic Vietnamese street food dining.

Office workers, manual labourers, families, couples, old and young are all clinking glasses, dropping shells on the sidewalk, and knocking empty beer bottles around, all creating a cacophony of noise serving as the background for your meal. The menu is entirely in Vietnamese, so if you don’t know the lingo, you’ll have to rely on pictures that show you what you’re ordering, if not how it’s prepared.

You’re welcome to walk about and observe the open-air kitchen as your oc mong tay xao (razor clams) are sautéed to a tender, spicy perfection. To the uninitiated, razor clams don’t look like typical clams. They come in long, cylindrical shells. For VND50,000 per plate they’re well worth the try. Augment their taste by dipping them in the salt and chilli dipping sauce, or by making sure to coat them further in the spicy sauce in which they’re prepared.

Chem chep xao cay (spice sautéed mussels), which are a more traditional looking species of clam, provide manna for the eyes as well as the taste buds. Like everything on the menu, you can order them prepared in a variety of ways for VND40,000. The key to enjoying Oc Phat is experimenting with the menu. Along with that, it’s important to note that a plate isn’t intended to be a meal unto itself. Order several things with the intention of sharing.

One such exploration resulted in ngheu hap Thai, which is a large bowl of clams steamed in a Thai spicy ginger broth for VND45,000. This choice snaps with flavour and provides an excellent complement to the sautéed dishes. Local custom allows for one to use an empty shell to scoop and enjoy the broth, but no one will look at you sideways for spooning some into a small bowl to drink it. This is an especially welcome treat on those evenings when the rain puts a damp chill into the air.

Oc Phat is sure to become a regular stop for those that need a mollusk fix and don’t want to make a regular trip to the coast. Inexpensive and friendly, it will provide you with many enjoyable meals. And if you mix up your order it will keep you engaged.

jackbl
12-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Postnatal treats
===========================

After giving birth, a woman’s body is weak and it loses vitality as it heals. The loss of blood and strength, and often doses of antibiotics, can adversely affect a new mother’s breast milk. Supplementary nutrition for a woman after giving birth can greatly increase the quality of her breast milk. Doctor Nguyen Hong Siem, chairman of the Hanoi Association of Oriental Medicine, suggests new fathers prepare these simple dishes for their wives.

- Pig’s trotters simmered with black jujubes and a giao (gelatin from the skin of a donkey, gelatinum asini): To prepare the dish, you should buy two pig’s trotters, 200g black jujubes, 15g a giao, and red sugar. Wash, clean and cut the trotters into small pieces. Dissolve a giao in warm water. Put trotters, black jujubes and some water in a pot to simmer over a low heat for one hour until trotters are soft. Then add the a giao and red sugar. Stir and cook for 15 minutes. Then serve the dish hot. Enjoy the dish once every two days for a week.

- Green papaya simmered with pig’s trotters: Ingredients are 400g green papaya and one pig’s trotter. Wash and slice papaya into medium pieces, and wash and cut the trotter into small pieces. Simmer the trotter pieces for one hour until they are soft, then add papaya and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Season with sugar and salt and serve hot. Enjoy the dish for seven consecutive days for the best breast milk.

- Đương quy simmered with goat meat: Ingredients are 100g đương quy (radix angelicae sinenesis, commonly known in English as dong quai or female ginseng), 200g goat meat and three thin pieces of ginger and spring onion. Wash and cut goat meat into small pieces. Put all ingredients in a pot to simmer over a low heat until the meat is cooked well. Season with sugar and salt. Eat the meat and drink the broth twice a day for five days. Women who have very little breast milk after giving birth – along with a low appetite and fatigue – or those who lost too much blood during birth, should eat this dish. However, women suffering from constipation should not eat this dish.

- Pork and shrimp porridge: Mince 60g pork meat and 200g fresh and peeled shrimp. Also slice some ginger into thin, long pieces. Cook 60g rice over high heat until it has the consistency of porridge. Then add pork, shrimp and ginger and continue cooking for 20 minutes. Season with sugar and salt, and add a bit more fresh ginger before eating. Enjoy the porridge for five consecutive days to tonify the kidney and produce more breast milk.

- Black sesame porridge: Cook 50g glutinous rice and 50g smashed black sesame with enough water until it becomes porridge. Enjoy the porridge for seven days to increase breast milk and fight constipation.

- Leafy remedy: Cook mồng tơi (malabar spinach, phooi leaf or basella alba) with water like a soup or eat it boiled for 10 consecutive days. Mồng tơi is rich in vitamins A3 and B3, saponin and iron, therefore the vegetable is good for women with little breast milk after giving birth.

Lastly, women who have just given birth often suffer from body image issues and many struggle to lose weight while they raise their baby. The fact is that gaining weight during and after a pregnancy is perfectly natural, but if a woman wants to lose those extra pounds she should be extra careful to do so safely.

Doctor Nguyen Minh Hong, director of the Vietnamese Center for Research and Application of Advanced Medicine in Hanoi, suggests that women who gain more than 15 kilograms that don’t go away by the time their baby is 20 months old should eat and drink the following to lose a bit of weight in a healthy way:

- Eat lean meat (throw way the skin and fat), fish, shrimp, crab and peanuts

- Drink soya milk, yogurt and fat free powdered milk

- Eat vegetables and foods high in fiber such as unpolished rice, potatoes, corn, green vegetables, and fruits like manioc, plums, pomelos, apples, oranges and mandarin oranges

- Drink two glasses of hot water before meals

- Eat boiled, roasted and steamed food

- Enjoy a lot of food in the morning, eat less food in the afternoon and evening, and drastically limit nighttime snacks

- Eat regularly and don’t skip meals

- Eat slowly and chew carefully

- Eat lower-calorie foods

- Limit drinking of sugary soft drinks

- Limit eating of animal’s brain and viscera including heart, liver, kidney and bowels and egg yolks; also don’t eat fried food.

In addition, women should exercise every day for 30-60 minutes, according to doctor Hong. Using vitamins, calcium and iron products is necessary for breast-feeders. Doctor Hong also advices that women should drink milk and fruit juices, avoid salty or very spicy foods and avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate.

soi15
12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Jackbl,

please continue to post your news. I always enjoy reading them.

jackbl
12-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks.. I'm still a noob trying to learn the language.. Hope to learn more from masters like yourself over here.. it's through mistakes that we learn :)
Cheers~

I always take notes of the things that i learnt here, no matter how simple it is. After 4 years, my vocab file is about 2MB size in word document :D

jackbl
12-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Jackbl,

please continue to post your news. I always enjoy reading them.

Thanks for your support. This trip ate a lot of new food that i dare not try in sgp so u see above 3 posts abt food :D

jf66312
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I always take notes of the things that i learnt here, no matter how simple it is. After 4 years, my vocab file is about 2MB size in word document :D

welcome back bro..hope u had fun in VN... :D

AdGuy
12-10-2011, 10:44 AM

Yup, but 20mb worth of xnn.

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 11:17 AM

can share share with me boh? i need to learn more xnn vocab ler... plsss :D

AdGuy
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM
can share share with me boh? i need to learn more xnn vocab ler... plsss :D

Please ask bro KT or bro Jackbl. Toi ko biet xnn.

KangTuo
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM

what is "mb"? :confused:

KangTuo
12-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Please ask bro KT or bro Jackbl. Toi ko biet xnn.

Toi cung kg biet xnn, toi chi biet noi chuyen va lam chuyen tinh yeu thoi :p

casannova03
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
what is "mb"? :confused:

megabytes??;)

vietboy
12-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Wa, at least u got 2MB. I still at KB size leh.

jackbl
13-10-2011, 01:05 AM
(吉隆坡讯)马国一名61岁德士司机花了约2万令吉(约8115新元),娶了29岁越南新娘,不料初见时热 情的娇妻竟变成悍妻,让他直呼怕怕!

陈永成说,他在今年7月看到婚姻介绍所的广告,于是萌起结束单身的念头。

他在介绍所里看到阿兰的气色不错,觉得还满意就立即付了5千令吉。当时阿兰对他的态度充满热情 。

陈永成将剩余的款项缴付了后,阿兰对他的态度就180度转变。

“她除了当众打我、向我喷杀虫剂、拿风油抹我眼睛、拿刀赶我出房、逼我在外露宿、逼我吃有经血卫生棉、拿白 带抹我鼻子、浸湿所有衣服逼我洗衣、恫言要剪掉子孙根,更硬生生把我耳朵咬掉一块肉,还自称有爱之病来恐吓 我。”

熊娃娃隔床,不准夫越池。《联合晚报》。

jackbl
13-10-2011, 09:30 AM
megabytes??;)

Hi bro, long time no see u here. waiting for your contribution and guidance :)

jackbl
13-10-2011, 09:32 AM

Sorry I dun xnn. I am very direct to them...

ngropy
13-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi bro

able to help translate this? I tried to translate but it doesn't seems to make sense..
need senior to help once again..

chi gai cua toi di cung duoc ko vi di dau toi cung di cung chi gai het
elder sister (cua) me go also (duoc ko vi) go place me also go also elder sister (het)

chi gai cua toi cung di duoc ha
elder sister (cua) me also go (duoc ha)

khong di duoc mai toi va chi gai di chua
tomorrow cannot go. me and elder sister (di chua??)

Thanks.....

ilovedoggie
14-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Hi bro

able to help translate this? I tried to translate but it doesn't seems to make sense..
need senior to help once again..

chi gai cua toi di cung duoc ko vi di dau toi cung di cung chi gai het
elder sister (cua) me go also (duoc ko vi) go place me also go also elder sister (het)

cua = belong to
duoc = can/able to
duoc ko = duoc khong? <<< can someone enlighten me also?
vi = because
het = finish

i guess the meaning = my elder sister also go can or not because go there i also go my elder sister also go altogether

think of it in chinese grammar esp the go altogether = 去完

chi gai cua toi cung di duoc ha
elder sister (cua) me also go (duoc ha)

ha = hah = the same expression as we use in singlish when trying to confirm something by using a question.

meaning = my elder sister also go can hah?

di = go
chua = yet/not yet

mai = tomorrow??? i doubt so:confused:

i guess the meaning = cannot go. i and elder sister go not yet.

Thanks.....

allow me to present my ugliness with my limited tv. i wish to learn more and correct my mistake. thanks and paiseh :o

jackbl
14-10-2011, 02:33 PM

My guess:

khong di duoc. Mai toi va chi gai di chua= Cannot go. Tomorrow I and sister go temple

ngropy
14-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Many thanks to bro ilovedoggie :o and jackbl!

really help me alot!! :)

jackbl
15-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Deceitful eateries blacklisted in southern Vietnam
================================================

Seven restaurants at a beach town in southern Vietnam were publicly blacklisted Wednesday for ripping off their customers, the Tuoi Tre newspaper reported.

The Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province Department of Industry and Trade listed seven restaurants in Vung Tau beach town: Phuong Vi, Du Thuyen and Hai Nam; Hiep Ky No.1 on Hoang Hoa Tham Street; Hoa Ba Do and Tay Ho Thuy Ta on Vo Thi Sau Street; and Nhu Y on Phan Chu Trinh Street.

All of them had been punished earlier following customers’ tip-offs.

Investigations showed that the restaurants registered high prices at the authorities so that they could legally charge the customers much higher than what they said in the menu, local officials said.

A customer said that they ordered normal prawns at one of the restaurants but were served lobsters, forced to eat and pay for them.

Another customer said they were charged for the seafood hotpot at a much higher price than the menu, and the restaurant said that the listed price was only for the sauce.

When they tried to complain, they were threatened by the restaurants’ waiters.

Local officials said in the coming time panels with hotline numbers will be set up near the blacklisted restaurants so the customers can report any wrongdoing as soon as it is spottted.

Concerned agencies will also introduce restaurants with good service, check the registered prices of all restaurants in the area to make necessary adjustments, the department said.

It will also ask taxi firms to have their drivers stop taking tourists to restaurants with unreasonably high prices.

Some drivers received commissions of 20-30 percent from the restaurants, officials found.

Later this month, the provincial government is expected to open a course on career ethics for restaurant operators.

“After all these measures, if any restaurant commits the violation again, it will be suspended and have its business license revoked,” said Truong Thi Huong, deputy chairwoman of the Vung Tau People's Committee.

“Restaurants repeating the violations could face criminal charges,” Huong said, adding that the city is determined to shut down any business that affects its tourism sector.

Thanh Nien News

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Deceitful eateries blacklisted in southern Vietnam

Seven restaurants at a beach town in southern Vietnam were publicly blacklisted Wednesday for ripping off their customers, the Tuoi Tre newspaper reported.

The Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province Department of Industry and Trade listed seven restaurants in Vung Tau beach town: Phuong Vi, Du Thuyen and Hai Nam; Hiep Ky No.1 on Hoang Hoa Tham Street; Hoa Ba Do and Tay Ho Thuy Ta on Vo Thi Sau Street; and Nhu Y on Phan Chu Trinh Street.

good sharing! i wonder if i was one the victims. had a fish steamboat at a god-knows restaurant, not facing the seaview and nothing fancy, somewhere in the town. and got charge US$30 per pax!!!

jackbl
15-10-2011, 01:18 AM
good sharing! i wonder if i was one the victims. had a fish steamboat at a god-knows restaurant, not facing the seaview and nothing fancy, somewhere in the town. and got charge US$30 per pax!!!

US$30=600,000vnd.

I remember eating thai steamboat is 150-180,000vnd in Cho Ben Thanh Night market. Portion is enough for 1 couple. Do your own calculation and see whether you are a victim :D

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 02:31 AM
US$30=600,000vnd.

I remember eating thai steamboat is 150-180,000vnd in Cho Ben Thanh Night market. Portion is enough for 1 couple. Do your own calculation and see whether you are a victim :D

yes i was charged 600k vnd! sorry it's not per pax. it's 600k for 2. it's somewhere in VT. 600k for 2 in hcm i'm ok. but in vt?!

still considered as got conned? :D

jackbl
15-10-2011, 08:07 AM
VND continues to slide against USD
===============================================
The State Bank of Viet Nam once again devalued the Vietnamese dong against the US dollar yesterday, adjusting the interbank exchange rate by another VND10 per dollar to VND20,678.

This marked the fifth incremental change in the exchange rate announced by the central bank since last Wednesday and, with the domestic currency having now depreciated by VND50 since last month, represents the dong's weakest point since May.

The State Bank also set the ceiling exchange rate for commercial banks yesterday at VND20,885 per dollar. Commercial banks are allowed to trade within 1 per cent of the interbank rate, so this figure represents the upper end of the range.

Commercial banks have raised their exchange rates accordingly, with Vietcombank, the Bank for Investment and Development of Viet Nam (BIDV), Eximbank and Asia Commercial Bank posting buy/sell rates yesterday ranging from VND20,870 to VND20,885 per dollar.

In contrast, the forex rate on the black market declined by VND50 to VND100, with buy/sell rates as of 1pm yesterday of VND21,350-VND21,450.

Tran Thanh Long, an employee of Phu Quy Group shop on Tran Nhan Tong Street said that the drop in US dollar prices on the black market had been caused by low demand.

In August, State Bank of Viet Nam Governor Nguyen Van Binh said that the value of the Vietnamese dong would not depreciate by more than 1 per cent against the US dollar through the end of the year. With the devaluation yesterday, the value of the dong has fallen 0.25 per cent so far.

However, Ministry of Finance's official Vu Dinh Anh told Saigon Economic Times that the recent devaluation had followed a long period of extremely stable exchange rates. An adjustment was now considered critical to maintain this stability in the forex market, Anh said.

He forecast that demand for US dollars would soar in the next few months, but he said that the central bank's increased foreign reserves, a surplus in the nation's balance of payments, and US dollar supplies in commercial banks would help satisfy any rising demand for the dollar.

Meanwhile, investors appeared to be continuing to look to gold as a safe harbour, and domestic gold prices rose for a third straight day yesterday, picking up VND400,000 (US$19.20) per tael. (One tael is equal to 1.2 ounces.)

As of 3pm yesterday, Sai Gon Jewelry Co posted buy/sell prices of VND43.85 million/VND44.17 million per tael. At the same time, the spot price on the London Bullion Market was $1,677.1 per ounce.

VNS

jackbl
15-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Saw many dep trai in discos/bars in hcmc.....

The unglamorous side of male modeling P1
==============================================
Glittering lights, fabulous costumes, and beautiful female companions are what people associate with the world of male models, but few know about the unglamorous side of their life.

“To me, it was a tough road to the catwalk,” Hoang phi, winner of the Vietnam Star Model 2010 Award, says.

Before winning the title and rising to fame in the fashion industry, the young model from the southern province of Soc Trang lived in rented rooms and spent little.

In 2008 he had moved to Ho Chi Minh City to pursue his dream after quitting his job in Soc Trang Television’s technical department.

He went to a model training class for six hours a week with 40 others where he learnt the basics of modeling, performing on the catwalk, posing in front of the camera, and acting.

Six months later he began to model in small shows.

The income was modest and uncertain, and he had to live in cheap rooms and spend carefully.

Phi says he had only VND3-4 million (US$150 – 200) a month, only enough for “a standard diet for a model.”

A model needed fancy clothes, and that was also a problem.

“Obviously we models must wear fashionable outfits. Money for clothes was a big deal to me. I could only buy new clothes once every two or three months for not more than VND2 million.”

Le Khoi Nguyen, the 2010 Mister Vietnam and the country’s representative at the 2011 Mister International in the Philippines, too had a difficult start.

Nguyen came to HCMC in 2009 then joined a VND2-million modeling class.
The boy from Dong Thap lived in a 20-square-meter rented room in District 8 on the VND1.5 million his parent sent him each month.

Another dream chaser, Thanh Nghiep, began modeling in 2008 when he lived in a cheap room meant for students in District 9 on the VND600,000 his parents sent him.

After minor shows which did not pay well, he could sometimes afford only a bowl of instant noodles for dinner.

The 23-year-old said he had had been close to throwing in the towel.

“I wanted to quit because I could not stand the pressure from my working and school schedules. Neighbors gossiped that I must be sleeping with directors and managers to get shows.”

Keep the faith

It was the desire to shine on the catwalk that kept them going.

Models have to work hard – for instance, they have to rehearse for take three or four hours before a show -- but for many the sheer excitement of being on stage makes the slog worth their while.

“I spent two hours a day practicing at home. What we were taught in class was just … commercial acting. We needed to figure out our strength ourselves,” Phi says.

“Money is quite important but the more important thing is that being on the catwalk is a passion that is in my blood.”

Nghiep, who did many jobs including waiting tables and working for an online cosmetic and fashion shop for VND500,000 to VND1million a month, also spent many hours practicing in his small room.

After two years of hard work he had enough money to buy him motorbike and did not have to take xe om to shows unlike before.

“I set aside a part of the money from each show to buy clothes. I have only two suits to wear to formal events.”

jackbl
15-10-2011, 02:50 PM
The unglamorous side of male modeling P2
==================================================
It was 8pm on a weekend when H.C, a young male model, took us to the dressing room of a newly-opened club on Dong Khoi street, HCMC’s District 1.

Eight models and make-up artists were squeezing into a few-meter square restroom, where they changed clothes, put on make-up and waited for their turn to appear on stage.

A few others came later, adding to a long queue in the corridor waiting for their turn with the make-up artists -- a few well-known faces of Quang Hoa, Xuan Thu or Gia Ngoc were spotted among the small crowd.

T.Tr, a model from Da Lat and a third year honors student majoring in construction management, shouting at the top of his voice to be heard, said they were walking for the club’s opening event, which pays well but does not take place often.

“Sometimes bars hire us to pretend to be their guests in 1 or 2 months; you can earn VND 300,000 – 800,000 for standing 1 – 2 hours a night.

“Even that opportunity did not come often so we take turns to share the work as we can’t make a living just waiting to walk in fashion shows; only 3 out of 10 shows need male models anyway,” T.Tr, who made it to the top 20 of Vietnam Supermodel contest 2010, said bitterly.

The opening show started at 10 but most of the models were ready with their clothes and make-up on 2 hours before that.

“2 hours is nothing, really”, the junior student said. “I sometimes have to wait for half a day for a body painting show at a bar without even getting a chance to show up on stage.

“We came at 11.30am to prepare for a show that started at 8pm, and it later turned out the music was only long enough for 10 of us to walk. So the remaining 20 were told to go home after being given a small compensation for their waiting,” he said.

To young models that are passionate about the profession like T.Tr, being able to walk on stage is the most important thing, “even money comes second”, he said.

As the demand for male models is nowhere near as high as their female counterparts and men fashion shows are still rare, it is not uncommon to spot these young men in countless entertainment events and opening shows like this.

To earn a living to keep up their dreams, one would say, but the reality is harsher for the strong sex that chooses to enter the flamboyant, yet cruel world.

Although competition is not as fierce as in the female model world, male models do not enjoy any easier life. Shows are uncertain and part of their unstable income is always creamed off by modeling agencies or brokers.

As the modeling industry still has a long way to go before reaching professionalism, there is no rule over how much modeling agencies and show organizers can skim off a model’s pay.

As these fashion powers set the price at will, the local model market goes pretty much chaotic. The result is that male models, especially those at the bottom of the food chain, are the most vulnerable.

“Top models get VND 1.5 – 3 million per show, class-B get VND 700,000 – 1 million while class-C receive only VND 200,000 – 400,000.
“Even the top models don’t have more than 4 – 5 shows a month, yet 30 – 50% of their pay each show is kept by modeling agencies.

“Also, it all depends on your relations with show organizers. If you have good relations with them, you can keep what you make. If not, who knows what can happen. I know a guy who had 70% taken off his pay.”

Most male models did not dare to speak up about this unfair treatment, for all are afraid they may not be called to walk again on any show.

“Nobody is setting a fixed and transparent price for our work. As customers only deal with agencies or brokers behind our back, we never get to know how much we are actually paid,” said Vu Duy Hung, who topped the male beauty pageant Mister Vietnam 2010.

Surprisingly, to some companies who want male models for a photo shoot or an advertisement poster, model’s ranking, their body measurements and appearance comes after their price.

Many would opt for a class-B model instead of a top-ranking one if they can save more with their choice; hence it goes without saying in the industry that top models do not necessarily earn the most.

H.C said he was once offered a US$ 2,000 contract to pose for a Ho Chi Minh-based clothes maker but lost it to a colleague who was much shorter than him.

“He said he only needed US$ 700 so the company just went with him.”

Keeping a good relation with show organizers and other powers-that-be in the fashion industry has become an important way for male models to secure a good income, as “you have to make yourself known to these people, otherwise you will never be called for shows.”

T.Tr told Tuoi Tre he used to have to hang out at bars and clubs till 2 to 3 in the morning when he first entered the industry just to hope to get a foot in the door.

jackbl
15-10-2011, 02:53 PM
The unglamorous side of male modeling P3
In the fashion industry, the catwalk isn’t at all easy for new comers to strut.

S.M, with the height of 1.82 m, is a promising face.

After 4 years striving for a vedette position on the catwalk, M told Tuoi Tre he could never forget the painful experience when he first stepped on stage.

In 2009, M, 18, first appeared as a model at a spa for gay men when he was a freshman at a college in Ho Chi Minh City.

“That show had 10 male models,” M recalled.

“Each performed 3 scanty pant designs. Though I wore a mask, I felt extremely confused and anxious.”

M said the models that day were required to dance for 4-5 minutes while audiences howled, whistled and screamed.

Some even physically harassed him and the wage was terribly low, only VND 200,000 (US$10), M said.

One year later, M won a spinoff prize at a local modeling contest and was invited to another show at a homosexual bar.

“I got VND2million for only an hour performing,” he said.

“For a new model like me, that wage was irresistible.”

But M didn’t know his decision would cause serious consequences.

A friend of M’s teacher at PL Model Company came to that show and told his teacher what he was doing there. As the result, his teacher got angry and canceled all shows he got for M for a year.

“I was shocked,” M said.

T, another aspiring model, didn’t have it easy either.

In 2007, T accepted an invitation for a half-naked photo shoot for a company’s advertising which has tormented him ever since.

The young model accepted the offer without payment since he thought it would promote his image in the industry.

During the shooting, T was asked to take off all his clothes with the explanation that the company needed to take a lot of pictures to pick up the best ones.

“After the shooting, I felt I had lost something precious,” T said.

As he feared, the company later used the photos for a gay’s website instead of advertising.

“My company finally heard about the mess,” T said. “I did not know how to explain.”

T said in this competitive environment, it’s hard to find someone to understand him.

jackbl
15-10-2011, 02:55 PM
The unglamorous side of male modeling P4
V.T, a stylist told Tuoi Tre that a famous fashion designer and businessman in Ho Chi Minh City set US$ 1,000 as the price for a café date with a male model and US$ 5,000 for a lunch or dinner.

“He has many male models that he treats like his toys or ornaments,” V.T said.

“He’ll call them whenever he wants.” V.T said many models agree to escort rich and powerful men or women in the industry in exchange for more shows, and a luxurious lifestyle with designer clothes, upscale restaurants and frequent overseas vacations.

“Many new faces coming from the countryside to start a catwalk career are ‘picked’ this way,” said Do Ba Dat, who won Mr. Intellectual at Mister Vietnam 2010.

Not all male models are gay, but many are willing to compromise their own sexuality for a better life and career which would otherwise be mired in uncertainties and unstable incomes.

When Nam Thanh, Mr. Body of Mister Vietnam 2010, was shooting for an underwear collection in a famous resort in Nha Trang, he had no idea there was someone sitting in the corner of the room for the whole day waiting for him.

It turned out that the guy was a 30-year-old successful businessman in Da Nang who fell for Thanh and was later willing to fly to Saigon to see him for just two hours.

The guy had been pursuing him relentlessly, which moved Thanh, but he had to turn the man down, Thanh told Tuoi Tre.

Many others, however, can’t say no as easily to expensive gifts offered to win them over.

Male model Trung Cuong said once an admirer even gave him a VND 2.5 billion car (US$ 120,000) with his name on its registration paper, but he did not accept it.

T.T, another model said many male models voluntarily choose to date these rich men, simply because they can get rich easily.

AdGuy
15-10-2011, 09:53 PM
My guess:

khong di duoc. Mai toi va chi gai di chua= Cannot go. Tomorrow I and sister go temple

This is a guess? Your guess very accurate.

Can help me 'guess' the toto number on Monday?

comecomecome
16-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Have been following this threat in silently and have learned a lot from the sharing and contributions here. Recently encountered an sms which is beyond my very basic command of the language and seek some help here. My limited understand in brackets. Hope seniors can assist in the correction and learning process. Cam on in advance.

"xiu anh dua em tien ngoi ban di bao nhieu cung duoc khong di em la, em khong muon boi vi anh la ngiu tot."

[completely no idea on this one]

"Anh la ngui tot nhung ma en di voi anh. Em khong co tien la di em la[ going out with you no because of money]. Em xin loi. [I am sorry]. Em muon gap lai anh. [I want see you again] .Anh chay xe can than {no idea}."

sgchionger
16-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi Bros

Urgent translation needed. Its regarding to my gal, think she finally ask for some money. Used google translator but translation came out unreadable.

Hai tuan nai em lam khong co tien gia dinh keu em dem tien ve vi ba noi moi bi mat ngay 15

ba noi toi bi mat, me cua ba toi bi mat

me cua ba noi

ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi

toi khong the noi nhung loi nay ra duoc toi thay sau ho lam

tai mot thang nai toi lam khong co tien anh dung buon toi nha co gi ngay mai mot gio toi goi cho anh

toi len ngu toi thay minh noi nhung loi nay ra sau ho

Basically i think she asking for some urgent cash for family. what purpose i not sure. I need to justify if the reasons are acceptable, she never took a cent from me the past 3 months i know her except buy her some cheap things less than $100.

jackbl
16-10-2011, 08:54 AM
My guess:
Hai tuan nai em lam khong co tien gia dinh keu em dem tien ve vi ba noi moi bi mat ngay 15 = These 2 week I work no $$$. Family ask me bring $$$ back because grandmother just passed away on 15th

ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi = Tomorrow can you give me $3000 cos family now need $$$ for grandmother funeral

toi khong the noi nhung loi nay ra duoc toi thay sau ho lam = I can't say out these words I am very ashamed/shy

tai mot thang nai toi lam khong co tien anh dung buon toi nha co gi ngay mai mot gio toi goi cho anh = Because this 1 month I work no $$$. You dun be sad with me. Anything tomorrow 1pm I call you

jackbl
16-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Used google translator but translation came out unreadable.

To use google translation, you must type in exact vn words. Even exact words/sentence most of the times wont get u further. IMO, I rather use vdict.com

comecomecome
16-10-2011, 09:03 AM
sgchionger,

Pardon me for not being able to help you much on the translation. But why doesn't she refer to herself under "em" to you? Not close?

I try on this one:

"ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi"

Tomorrow you can for me 3 thousand (dollars?), need money for the 3 of us.

jackbl
16-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I try on this one:

"ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi"

Good Try!!!

I think u still have not pay enough tuition fee yet :D If u paid as much as me or even more, I think u can easily translate every single word.

jackbl
16-10-2011, 09:44 AM
韩国不法结婚介绍所 找流浪汉同越南女假结婚
================================================== ==

● 姜贵瑛 报道 首尔通讯员

韩国警方最近查获,为了让越南女生到韩国工作,不法的结婚介绍所动员首尔街头的“无家可归者”办理“假结婚 ”,引起了社会的关注。

首尔出入境管理局移民特殊调查小组日前拘捕了婚介所刘姓负责人(40岁)等多名犯罪嫌疑人,他们涉嫌通过国 际婚介所,介绍无家可归的34名韩国男性和20名越南女性“假结婚”,从中牟利。

警方扣留了34名韩国男子和20名越南女子问话,20名越南女子在承认假结婚后被韩国警方遣送回国。警方还 在追捕约120名涉案人。

韩国警方说,自2008年5月以来,刘姓负责人及其同伙在首尔地区的主要地铁站寻找无家可归者,诱惑向他们 提供每人200万至300万韩元(2196新元至3295新元)和一次免费去越南旅游。之后,中介人安排无 家可归者到越南旅游,也在当地和想来韩国工作的越南女子办理“假结婚”。在此过程中,中介人从每名越南女子 赚取了1万8000至2万2000美元(2万2854新元至2万7933新元)的中介费。

首尔出入境管理局的有关人士说:“警方目前还查到另外4名韩国中介人和62名越南女生和韩国男性办理假结婚 的案件,就此将会扩大调查。”

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 10:51 AM
something to confirm:

khong the hoi duoc nua = cannot ask for more

correct? :D

thanks,
doggie

sammyboyfor
16-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Bros

Urgent translation needed. Its regarding to my gal, think she finally ask for some money. Used google translator but translation came out unreadable.

Let me translate it for you....

"YOU ARE A SUCKER!"

Hope that helps.:rolleyes:

comecomecome
16-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Good Try!!!

I think u still have not pay enough tuition fee yet :D If u paid as much as me or even more, I think u can easily translate every single word.

Bro Jackbl,

Thanks for the encouragement. Trying to learn more about their culture and also their business. Potential vested interest in conducting business in relation to Saigon. Thus a good starting point to capitalise on the influx of such foreign talent.

Can kindly help to me translate my earlier posting?

sgchionger
16-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Bros,
Last message:

em co mien khong noi duoc nen loi em sinh anh dung hoi nua

I use word by word and whole sentence but meaning come out very very strange.

sgchionger
16-10-2011, 12:26 PM
sgchionger,

Pardon me for not being able to help you much on the translation. But why doesn't she refer to herself under "em" to you? Not close?

I try on this one:

Grandma die, why is it 3 of us?

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 01:29 PM

ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi

My guess:

ngay mai = tmr
anh = you
co the = can
cho = give
toi = me
ba ngan = 3000
tai = because
gia ding = gia dinh (spelt wrong) = family
dang = is
can = need
tien = money
lam dam = i guess đám ma = đám tang= funeral; funeral procession
cho = for
bà nội = grandmother on the spear side

exercise your due diligence :D

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Bros,
Last message:

em co mien khong noi duoc nen loi em sinh anh dung hoi nua

my research:
em = i
co = have
miễn = excuse ???
khong noi duoc = cannot say
nên = ought to
lỗi = mistake??? / lời = promise???
em = i
sinh = produce ???
anh = you
dung hoi = don't ask
nua = anymore

bro jack can help correct?

jackbl
16-10-2011, 03:13 PM
My guess:
ngay mai anh co the cho toi ba ngan tai gia ding dang can tien lam dam cho ba noi = Tomorrow can you give me $3000 cos family now need $$$ for grandmother funeral

My guess:

ngay mai = tmr
anh = you
co the = can
cho = give
toi = me
ba ngan = 3000
tai = because
gia ding = gia dinh (spelt wrong) = family
dang = is
can = need
tien = money
lam dam = i guess đám ma = đám tang= funeral; funeral procession
cho = for
bà nội = grandmother on the spear side

I thou i have translated it just now? U think i translate not correct? Huhuhu.... i will not translate anymore. I need to go up mountain to train harder :(

jackbl
16-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Bros,
Last message:
I use word by word and whole sentence but meaning come out very very strange.

Are u sure it will be the last?

I also translate it word by word too.... Din see u post your sentence, how u know it is incorrect? If u post, we will/can correct u. Or are u just too lazy to find out and just want us to provide u with answer??

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I thou i have translated it just now? U think i translate not correct? Huhuhu.... i will not translate anymore. I need to go up mountain to train harder :(

bro jack relax ma... i gv him the exact meaning of each word. did the favor for u liao :D if u go up mountain then we lack of one pro to help us ler :(

Are u sure it will be the last?

I also translate it word by word too.... Din see u post your sentence, how u know it is incorrect? If u post, we will/can correct u. Or are u just too lazy to find out and just want us to provide u with answer??

i did it for him alrdy bcuz i also wan to learn. can u check my post and help to correct? :D cam on rat nhieu anh jack!

vietboy
16-10-2011, 05:15 PM
something to confirm:

khong the hoi duoc nua = cannot ask for more

correct? :D

thanks,
doggie

Think it is "cannot ask anymore"

Must ask the pros. My vdict only kb size.
Bro jackbl can help?

sgchionger
16-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Bros
sorry for the trouble. I did google translate word by word but a bit funny leh.

To Bro JackBL
Sorry i miss your post because it was on previous page for me, miss it.

I went out to meet my friend gf who is a viet for 2 hrs just a moment ago.

Ask her to help me, she told me this gal not every educated cos sentence and words a bit wrong here and there so google translator meaning all wrong.

jackbl
16-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Think it is "cannot ask anymore"

Must ask the pros. My vdict only kb size.
Bro jackbl can help?

Yes you're right. You're improving. In no time u will reach my level. :D

volcano
16-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Basically i think she asking for some urgent cash for family. what purpose i not sure. I need to justify if the reasons are acceptable, she never took a cent from me the past 3 months i know her except buy her some cheap things less than $100.

she never take money from u for 3 months...she has come to her 'senses' now and is going to back what she deserve...:p.....(just joking lah)

where is her family staying...if staying at village at other province,there is no need to spend 50 million vnd for a funeral unless her family is one that is 'you tou you lian'...:)

Hurricane88
16-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I went out to meet my friend gf who is a viet for 2 hrs just a moment ago.

Ask her to help me, she told me this gal not every educated cos sentence and words a bit wrong here and there so google translator meaning all wrong.

another sinkie fell victim to kc trap...haiz...:p

ngropy
16-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi bro..once again fail to translate all.. Toi buon.. Need bro help..

Toi buon lam toi muon khoc chat ban vo toi say lam roi nhung toi se cho ban

I sad many. I want to cry (chat) you (vo) I (say) many already but I will wait you..

Did I get half correct khong?

Pls help.. Thanks alot..

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 12:48 AM

how to use google translator w/o the dau? we use vdict.

that's why bros ask me to learn from the street instead:D

jackbl
17-10-2011, 03:01 AM
To use google translation, you must type in exact vn words. Even exact words/sentence most of the times wont get u further. IMO, I rather use vdict.com

how to use google translator w/o the dau? we use vdict.

that's why bros ask me to learn from the street instead

I already posted it but these people still keep saying cant find it on google translator........ I think nobody is listening to me. So I better shutup :(

jackbl
17-10-2011, 08:28 AM
我用不到也不要给别人用
(台北讯)男友偷食,狠女剪掉男友下体,丢到溪流内。

台湾一名吃软饭翁姓男子,不但靠在夜店坐枱的越南籍同居女友赚钱养家,还花天酒地,甚至带女子回家。越女曾 警告男友若不收敛,就要剪其命根子;翁男不以为意,昨晨他注射毒品并吃安眠药睡觉后,遭女友用剪刀剪下命根 子,并扔到一公里外八掌溪中,随后越女向警方自首,她气愤地说:“我用不到也不要给别人用!”男友经送医动 手术,阴茎只剩2公分。

警方表示,30岁的潘姓越女是从越南嫁到台湾,2年前离婚在夜店坐枱时,与翁男认识并同居,育有一女。不料 男友好吃懒做、平时游手好闲,常向她要钱,要不到就打她;日前男友还另结新欢,潘女多次与男友争吵,并要胁 男友若不收敛,就要剪其命根子。

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I already posted it but these people still keep saying cant find it on google translator........ I think nobody is listening to me. So I better shutup :(

anh jack dung buon ma. :)

ppl who nvr met anh jack b4 dunno how powerful his TV is... :D

jackbl
17-10-2011, 03:53 PM
ppl who nvr met anh jack b4 dunno how powerful his TV is... :D

Ppl who met me already are disappointed of my TV. Not powerful enough. I'm still learning...

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Ppl who met me already are disappointed of my TV. Not powerful enough. I'm still learning...

ppl who met me already will be super disappointed of my TV:(. totally cannot make it. but i still want to learn though...:D:p

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 05:18 PM
我用不到也不要给别人用
(台北讯)男友偷食,狠女剪掉男友下体,丢到溪流内。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U0t0_kWVlc&feature=share

jackbl
17-10-2011, 06:59 PM
So all OXs who get FOCs and live on the gals, be careful. You may be the next person :D

KangTuo
17-10-2011, 07:04 PM
So all OXs who get FOCs and live on the gals, be careful. You may be the next person :D

i am getting worried....

KangTuo
17-10-2011, 07:07 PM

you very humble...
everytime i go with you to your homeground, i keep wondering how come the floor outside always got ponds of water.

now i know that you use your powderful TV to talk to the vb till the cum and wet the floor.. :p

comecomecome
17-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Tuong tu (similar) nhu (to) co gai (girl) thai?

haosac
17-10-2011, 08:15 PM
my research:
em = i
co = have
miễn = excuse ???
khong noi duoc = cannot say
nên = ought to
lỗi = mistake??? / lời = promise???
em = i
sinh = produce ???
anh = you
dung hoi = don't ask
nua = anymore

bro jack can help correct?

the gal is not well educated, and thus she wrote/typed based on how she pronounces words in her dialect.

First sentence: "em co mien khong noi duoc nen loi"
em=I
co=có=have
mien=(typo) niềm (I guess)~issue/matter/problem
khong noi duoc = không nói được = cannot speak
nen loi = nên lời, this one is tricky, cannot be translated word by word. "lời" is something one speak/say. "nên" in this case is similar to "out"
--> 1st sentence: I have a problem (so that) I cannot speak out a word.

Second sentence: "em sinh anh dung hoi nua"
sinh=(typo) xin = beg
anh=you
dung=đừng=do not
hoi=hỏi=ask
nua=nữa=more
--> 2nd sentence: I beg you don't ask (any) more

Nice try ilovedoggie

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 11:14 PM
you very humble...
everytime i go with you to your homeground, i keep wondering how come the floor outside always got ponds of water.

now i know that you use your powderful TV to talk to the vb till the cum and wet the floor.. :p

i second that :D

RJ2004
18-10-2011, 03:52 PM
i am getting worried....

scary... cut cu happens to be a common thing i hear, now happen for real :eek:

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 05:14 PM
scary... cut cu happens to be a common thing i hear, now happen for real :eek:

i watch a report on CNA saying about such cat cu thing in thailand. the doctors there are quite experience in re-connecting the cat-ed cu and they say can resume sexual performance. they have too many of such cases. no surprise. :D

8fdjf934ms
18-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Can anybody help me translate this?

Nhi oi may noi voi may nguoi kia la nieu nhu ngay mai co di thi nghi 1 ngay nua.Nhung neu co hay kg co di thi aly tra tien phat 1 ngay lai cho nha!

anybody willing to provide translation service? hehe i got a lot of thing to translate. willing to pay/buy beer :)

deptrai4u
18-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Can anybody help me translate this?

Nhi oi may noi voi may nguoi kia la nieu nhu ngay mai co di thi nghi 1 ngay nua.Nhung neu co hay kg co di thi aly tra tien phat 1 ngay lai cho nha!

anybody willing to provide translation service? hehe i got a lot of thing to translate. willing to pay/buy beer :)

Hey Ms Nhi, you go tell those few people there if tomorrow got go, then not go work for 1 more day. But if did not go then return back the money equivalent of fine for 1 day absent from work, ok!

You took this SMS from a girl's phone. the owner of this phone name is Nhi. She is working in a bar as some sort of hostess. They will be fined for any days absent from work.

jackbl
19-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Nice try ilovedoggie

Wow.... are u a vietnamese??? :D

jackbl
19-10-2011, 12:45 AM
You took this SMS from a girl's phone. the owner of this phone name is Nhi. She is working in a bar as some sort of hostess. They will be fined for any days absent from work.

You are good leh!!! I see those sentences, I headache roi :D

jackbl
19-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Viet brides’ nightmares in the land of kimchi
================================================== ====
A Kien Giang native girl said she would never forget the fleeting two hours she had to play with her four-year child at the divorce court in South Korea, not knowing when she could have such a moment again.

Unable to put up with repeated verbal offenses from her mother-in-law and the cold treatment of her husband, Dang Thi Hong Loan, a native of the Mekong Delta in her 20s, filed for divorce after being driven out of home.

Months before the trial, she could not bear missing her child and went back home but her mother-in-law just closed the door in her face, refusing to let her see her child, Loan told a Tuoi Tre reporter at a refuge center for Viet brides in the western Incheon City.

Most Vietnamese brides are left with two choices after running away from their husbands: hiding away at the center while waiting for the legal migration procedures or accepting to go back to Vietnam and leave children behind.

Reality check for Viet brides

Ms. Par Too Wup, director of a Refuge Center for Viet brides in Chang Won in the south of South Korea said the women taking shelter at her center, mostly from Vietnam, China, Philippines and Cambodia, are badly treated by their husbands and their families.

For their safety, she refused to give the women’s names or their addresses.

“We have been harassed and threatened by the Korean husbands and their families many times, who arrived here demanding to take back their wives.

As Hong Loan summed up her five years of marriage in South Korea, “Our life after marriage is a big disillusion since we have nothing in common.

“Most Korean men seeking Vietnamese wives are past their marriageable age, divorced, low-income earners, or suffer physical or mental disabilities that render them ineligible to local girls,” Loan said.

“We Vietnamese girls are nothing but baby-making machines for them. It’s merely a business transaction -- there is no love between us. To our Korean mothers-in-law, their sons and grandchildren are always the number one, we are just nothing in their eyes.

“I don’t blame anyone for my plight as I chose to come here to look for happiness and to help my family,” Loan said.

When the Tuoi Tre reporter visited the center, six Vietnamese women were staying there, including 21-year-old Vo Thi Lan from Ba Ria Vung Tau who was carrying a baby.

Lan said she married a Korean man twice her age in July last year via a marriage agency.

“I agreed to marry him to have VND30 million (US$1,500) to pay for the debt of my parents.

“At the time, he seemed normal. But after coming here, I realized there was something wrong about him. He didn’t say anything all day and just obeyed what his mother told him, like a child,” Lan recalled her first days living with her husband’s family.

Rubbing her hand on the abdomen, Lan cried, “I was insulted every time I didn’t understand them. His mother once forced me to kneel on the floor all night as a punishment. She even tore off my clothes I was wearing and drove me out.

“Being completely naked under cold weather, I had to walk to a neighbor’s house and asked for some clothes. She then explained to the neighbor that the porblem occurred because I refused to sleep with my husband.”

Lan decided to flee from her husband’s family after living with them for four months.

“I am staying here till I give birth and find a job to have enough money to return home to take care of my child. I don’t know what to do here,” Lan burst out sobbing.

During his stay in South Korea, the Tuoi Tre journalist talked with many Vietnamese brides who are victims of abuse, some were beaten up and hospitalized with broken ribs. Miserable and hurt, they endure the pain and hide it from their parents for fear of making them worried.

Some were even forced to have sex with their husbands in the presence of their mothers- and sisters-in-law so they could check their ability as a wife.

8fdjf934ms
19-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey Ms Nhi, you go tell those few people there if tomorrow got go, then not go work for 1 more day. But if did not go then return back the money equivalent of fine for 1 day absent from work, ok!

thanks!! you are pro man! can just clarify that she asking the the phone owner to go back and work? if not kanna fine?

KangTuo
19-10-2011, 09:33 AM
You are good leh!!! I see those sentences, I headache roi :D

your XNN skill improved....
your headache is due to KTTN... go find vb to cure you :D

AdGuy
19-10-2011, 10:09 AM
i am getting worried....

You sleep on the girl, not live on the girl so you are safe.

haosac
19-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Ya lor. I was looking for an English study forum. Dunno y end up here:rolleyes:

volcano
19-10-2011, 03:36 PM
thanks!! you are pro man! can just clarify that she asking the the phone owner to go back and work? if not kanna fine?

the person wants the gal Nhi to convey the message to the other gals.never mention if Nhi is one of them.

volcano
19-10-2011, 03:37 PM

forum nai tot hon phai ko...;):)

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 04:08 PM

we need him here to help us translate street tn tv :D

Hurricane88
19-10-2011, 06:44 PM

You are pro teacher...me read liao dau daui...:p

haosac
19-10-2011, 07:35 PM
forum nai tot hon phai ko...;):)

Ya, can learn more things ;)

haosac
19-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Tomorrow is Vietnamese women day. Think you guys may wish to do/say something to score with your BXs/VBs ;)

jackbl
20-10-2011, 01:15 AM
your XNN skill improved....
your headache is due to KTTN... go find vb to cure you

My skill still far away behind yours :D U lidat say means Deptrai's TV no good la :p I no KTTN. I found few hcm nurses to cure me liao...

jackbl
20-10-2011, 01:19 AM

Welcome! Here many good in english but lousy in tieng viet :D

KangTuo
20-10-2011, 01:22 AM
I no KTTN. I found few hcm nurses to cure me liao...

like that is i KTTN so talk rubbish liao...
after teahcer go back, i visited cat50 once... after that i kana a short HA.
now too busy at work so no time to chiong, to look for vb... :(
need to wait till next weekend then go hcmc cure my KTTN.. :eek:

jackbl
20-10-2011, 02:08 AM
need to wait till next weekend then go hcmc cure my KTTN.. :eek:

U better dun go hcmc! There are many spies in hcmc! They will report police. U better stay put in sgp to continue your TV learning :D I'm not satisied with your progress. No oversea learning program for u :p

deptrai4u
20-10-2011, 02:30 AM
My skill still far away behind yours :D U lidat say means Deptrai's TV no good la :p I no KTTN. I found few hcm nurses to cure me liao...

My TV is no good ma.... I dun know the dau lei! :eek:

jackbl
20-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Saigon’s trade streets
===============================================
VietNamNet Bridge – Saigon has streets of Chinese traditional medicines, ornamental birds and fish, wedding invitation cards, etc.

Nguyen Thong has been the street for ornamental fish, fish tanks and everything related to ornamental fish for around 20 years.

Trieu Quang Phuc Road is the home for scissors making and repairing enterprises and scissors shops for 35 years.

3/2 and Nguyen Dinh Chieu roads are called the “happy roads” because there are many shops providing wedding services there.

Nguyen Thien Thuat Street in district 3 is the street for musical instruments. Many shops have been working for 30-40 years.

Ly Thai To is the street for wedding invitation cards.

Le Thanh Ton street in district 1 is the street for shoe repair.

Le Hong Phong road in district 10 is the street for ornamental birds and pets.

Hai Thuong Lan Ong is the street for Chinese traditional medicines.

KangTuo
20-10-2011, 11:28 AM
U better dun go hcmc! There are many spies in hcmc! They will report police. U better stay put in sgp to continue your TV learning :D I'm not satisied with your progress. No oversea learning program for u

Spies? I will hide in hotel to learn more TV from my teacher.
My teacher is very good teacher so already booked my ticket to go take 5 days lesson in hcmc. :)

jackbl
20-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Spies? I will hide in hotel to learn more TV from my teacher.
My teacher is very good teacher so already booked my ticket to go take 5 days lesson in hcmc. :)

U may meet the spies on the plane, in the airport, restaurants, streets, etc :o

jackbl
20-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Cockfight on billiards table
=======================================
Lam Van Tay, a breeder of ornamental cocks in Ho Chi Minh City’s Binh Tan District, has brought along two small cocks to show them off. The beautiful birds suddenly flare their neck feathers, angrily flap their wings, and aggressively attack each other with raised claws.

“People are no longer interested in large roosters weighing two to three kilograms for fighting because cops can easily catch them red-handed,” he says.

“Ornamental cocks are now preferred in cock pits where stakes can be dozens of millions of dong.”

The ornamental cocks, commonly called ga tre, have long and colorful feathers, a high-pitched crow, and an aggressive nature.

Dinh of Binh Tan District, who breeds these cocks, told Tuoi Tre about a place frequented by gamblers to buy these birds. With his well-stocked farm, he has sold dozens of the birds every day in the last two years. A bird weighing less than a kilogram is sold here for a minimum of VND1 million (US$50); the price doubles or even triples for a particularly combative one.

Pointing to a pair of small cocks, he boasts: “They have taken part in several battles recently and won. For each I received at least one million dong ($50).

Dinh has linked with fighting cocks breeders in the Mekong Delta to receive the regular supplies. He “upgrades” his poultry then sells them at a higher price, from three to four times.

Ornamental roosters used in cockfights are in vogue because they are small, easy to take care of and it takes only small area from three four square meters to set the ring. These birds are also very convenient. They can be placed in small bags, motorbike trunks or even in jacket pockets to avoid attention.

Binh “thieu gia”, a reputable gambler in Nguyen Trai Street, District 5, brags about his cock: “I own a 600-gram rooster, which won five matches consecutively. I gained five million dong ($250) at minimum and twenty million dong ($1,000) at maximum.”

Small alleys in Ho Chi Minh City are becoming cockpits for gamblers. The bets range from hundreds to millions thousand dong. The bets settled by gamblers who watch the match are much higher: sometimes they amount to 40 to 50 million dong per match.

Recently, even billiards table could be used as battlefield. On 29th September, a cockfight took place at the billiards club Minh on Highway 1A in District 12.

Hai “nau”, a fighting cock’s owner, standing aside the billiards table surrounded by some other gamblers, says: “Each bet costs up to one million dong so that the battle deserves holding in such air-conditioned cozy room.”

On the baize-covered table, two 600-gram “fighters” jump angrily into each other, try to force the opponent to the edge. Just after 20 minutes, many gamblers regretfully throw 10 to 15 million dong for matches they have lost.

To real cockpit

Just 10:00 AM, an empty area along Phan Van Doi Street in Ho Chi Minh City’s Hoc Mon District starts getting crowded. Although it’s weekday, more than 50 gamblers stand around the cockpit, shouting and settling bets. One bet is “traditionally” worth one to five million dong, however the bets between gamblers standing out of the ring varies.

After the cocks are weighed and the spurs are tied onto their legs, the match begins. A fat man is calling loudly gamblers to settle their bets. The first match lasts for only five minutes, a man made some swear words and drew out 15 million dong. Other gamblers also pay in haste. Very quickly are packs of 100,000 dong papers exchanged in order to not to be caught by the police.

Every day there are dozens of gamblers spending their time here and dozens fights held in this cockpit from dawn to sunset.

In this cockpit a teenager gambler named Hinh is very famous, just 12 years old however he gains other players’ respect thanks to his shocking bet. He’s ready to pay dozens of million dong for each match. “More than 20 million dong ($1,000) gone away in just 5 minutes because the cock I bet on lost his game,” he whizzes regretfully.

A story which is still whispered among gamblers is the ultimate battle in early 2011, when Tai - a nouveau riche in Tan Phu District - accepted the challenge of a gambler named Dung in Vung Tau. The bet was VND500 million ($24,000). After Tai arrived in Vung Tau, two rich men picked an empty area in one fighting cock breeder’s land to start the battle.

Just after 10 minutes, Tai’s rooster was knocked out. And he drew out packs of 500,000 dong bank notes to pay Dung.

“Raising cocks for ornamental purpose and cockfighting have been favorite hobby of Ho Chi Minh City’s inhabitants for a long time. Ornamental cocks are usually small, and have colored and shiny feather. Sometimes it takes great effort of cross-breeding to produce a prestige ornamental cock. Recently, cockfights using ornamental cocks are a form of illegal gambling. Such activities conflict strongly with the artistic hobby of true ornamental cocks breeders,” Truong Hoang, former vice-president of Ho Chi Minh City Ornamental Creatures Assembly, shares his point of view.

KangTuo
21-10-2011, 12:48 AM
some message from my teahcer:

Ox bỏ cái từ 'nhé' đó đi nha!
Bx rất dị ứng với từ đó
Ox phải nói 'nha', con gái lúc trước ox wen là bắc kỳ ha?
Người bắc kỳ chơi đc hơn nam kỳ
Nam kỳ chơi điếm thúi

what is the meaning highlighted in red?
my teacher say điếm thúi cannot be found in dictionary wan.

KangTuo
21-10-2011, 12:49 AM

did you rinse your mouth? :mad::p

jackbl
21-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Vietnam customs officers puzzled by sex toys
=================================================

The lack of regulations on sex toy imports has left Vietnam’s customs officers confused as many such items have recently arrived in the country as gifts and personal luggage, news website VnExpress said Saturday.

The Ho Chi Minh City Customs Department on Friday sent a statement on the problem to the Customs Control and Supervision division.

The department said it has been puzzled on many occasions in processing the products, which are banned from import to Vietnam for commercial purposes, and could not decide how to categorize them or if they were illegal.

Current regulations only ban harmful children’s toys and sex toys do not fall in that category. They are not among prohibited health or cultural product imports either, the department noted.

The government in 2009 also issued a ban on cultural activities that promote obscene and debauched lifestyle or go against traditions, but it did not specify whether sex toys would fall under this category or not, the statement said.

It asked Vietnam Customs to issue specific instructions on dealing with sex toys and similar products.

Thanh Nien News

jackbl
21-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Vietnam says no to sex toys
============================================

Vietnam will not allow the import of sex toys into the country, the General Department of Vietnam Customs has announced.

In a document sent to the Ho Chi Minh City Customs Department, the department said passengers who bring sex toys with them in their hand luggage will be ordered to hand them over to customs officers.

The objects will be kept and returned to the passengers when they exit Vietnam.

If the sex toys arrive in Vietnam as gifts or in checked luggage, the passengers must arrange to re-export the goods or the customs officers will destroy them.

Recently, the HCMC Customs Department had reported to the General Department of Vietnam Customs that customs officers were not clear about the action to be taken as many sex toys had arrived in the country as gifts and personal luggage.

While the import of sex toys for commercial purposes is banned, officers did not know how those brought in for personal use were to be dealt with.

Current regulations only ban harmful children’s toys and sex toys do not fall in that category. They are also not listed among prohibited health or cultural product imports.

Thanh Nien News

haosac
21-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I understand that bros here may face difficulties in pronunciation of VNmese words. 1 year ago, I tried to teach a PRC a little Vietnamese. I used some tips from the Internet and things seemed a bit easier for her. Here goes..

We have 29 letters in the alphabet:
a ă â b c d đ e ê g h i k l m n o ô ơ p q r s t u ư v x y

And eight consonants that can be finals:
c ch m n ng nh p t

Nguyên âm - Vowels

a - as in scar
ă - as English a, but use your tongue tip to touch the top of your palate
â - as in e, with high-rising tone
ai - as in buy
ao - as in now
au - as in a-oo
âu - as in go
ay - as aye
ây - as in hey
e - as in Claire
ê - as in café
i - as in see
ia - as ee-a
ie - as in yes
o - as in door
oa - as in French moi
oă - almost as in luck
oai - as in y
oay - as in Uruguay
oe - as in where
oi - as in choice
ô - as in Bordeaux
ôi - as in toy
ơ - as in teacher
ơi - as in oy
u - as in zoo
ư - almost similar to Mandarin nü
ua - as in Ecuador
ưo - almost similar to Mandarin duo
uê - almost similar to Mandarin jüe
ui - almost similar to Mandarin rui
uôi - almost similar to Mandarin kuai
ươ - no idea :o , maybe just combine ư and ơ above
uy - as in we
uya - as in we-a
uyen - as we-en or Mandarin jüan
uyu - as in new
y - as in see (same as VNmese "i" in many cases)
ye - as in Mandarin mie
yeu - as in Mandarin miou

Phụ âm - Consonants

d - as in Mandarin zui
đ - as English d
gh - as in go
gi - as English j
kh - no idea :o
nh - as in French gn
ng, ngh - as English ng
ph - as in physic
tr - as in try

Now you can try to pronounce some words by combining the above, Ví Dụ: tomorrow = mai = m-ai = m-buy

Tone

We have 6 tones, some are similar to that of Mandarin. Following is an example similar to the well known "horse" example in teaching/learning Mandarin:

ma (ghost) -- Netural
má (mother) -- High rising
mà (but) -- Low falling
mã (horse, this word is very close to Mandarin, right:D) -- High broken
mả (tomb) -- Low rising
mạ (rice seedling) -- Low broken

Cheers

jf66312
21-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I understand that bros here may face difficulties in pronunciation of VNmese words. 1 year ago, I tried to teach a PRC a little Vietnamese. I used some tips from the Internet and things seemed a bit easier for her. Here goes..

We have 29 letters in the alphabet:
a ă â b c d đ e ê g h i k l m n o ô ơ p q r s t u ư v x y

And eight consonants that can be finals:
c ch m n ng nh p t

Nguyên âm - Vowels

a - as in scar
ă - as English a, but use your tongue tip to touch the top of your palate
â - as in e, with high-rising tone
ai - as in buy
ao - as in now
au - as in a-oo
âu - as in go
ay - as aye
ây - as in hey
e - as in Claire
ê - as in café
i - as in see
ia - as ee-a
ie - as in yes
o - as in door
oa - as in French moi
oă - almost as in luck
oai - as in y
oay - as in Uruguay
oe - as in where
oi - as in choice
ô - as in Bordeaux
ôi - as in toy
ơ - as in teacher
ơi - as in oy
u - as in zoo
ư - almost similar to Mandarin nü
ua - as in Ecuador
ưo - almost similar to Mandarin duo
uê - almost similar to Mandarin jüe
ui - almost similar to Mandarin rui
uôi - almost similar to Mandarin kuai
ươ - no idea :o , maybe just combine ư and ơ above
uy - as in we
uya - as in we-a
uyen - as we-en or Mandarin jüan
uyu - as in new
y - as in see (same as VNmese "i" in many cases)
ye - as in Mandarin mie
yeu - as in Mandarin miou

Phụ âm - Consonants

d - as in Mandarin zui
đ - as English d
gh - as in go
gi - as English j
kh - no idea :o
nh - as in French gn
ng, ngh - as English ng
ph - as in physic
tr - as in try

Now you can try to pronounce some words by combining the above, Ví Dụ: tomorrow = mai = m-ai = m-buy

Tone

We have 6 tones, some are similar to that of Mandarin. Following is an example similar to the well known "horse" example in teaching/learning Mandarin:

ma (ghost) -- Netural
má (mother) -- High rising
mà (but) -- Low falling
mã (horse, this word is very close to Mandarin, right:D) -- High broken
mả (tomb) -- Low rising
mạ (rice seedling) -- Low broken

Cheers

nice...thanks for sharing...
though it will take a while for me to digest... :p

upz you for sharing...

lugi
21-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Cheers

Thanks for sharing...

Like this especially with infusion of Chinese...

Upz you my humble 10 pts..

haosac
21-10-2011, 02:36 PM
nice...thanks for sharing...
though it will take a while for me to digest... :p

upz you for sharing...

thanks.. will up you later :D

haosac
21-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for sharing...

Like this especially with infusion of Chinese...

Upz you my humble 10 pts..

thanks.. will up you later with my newly gained 1 tiny power :D

haosac
21-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks all bros who upz my point. Could someone tell me how the point/power system work? How could I gain power (like after achieving a certain point or something?)?

Since I've just gained 1 tiny point :o, I'm starting to slowly return your flavor :D

jf66312
21-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks all bros who upz my point. Could someone tell me how the point/power system work? How could I gain power (like after achieving a certain point or something?)?

Since I've just gained 1 tiny point :o, I'm starting to slowly return your flavor :D

not very sure though..only know how to upz and zap ppl...

just click on the weighing scale on the top right corner of the post...

to upz - select approve this posting
to zap - select disapprove..

then u can also type small note (normally ppl identify themselves) :D

Killer_c
21-10-2011, 05:09 PM
some message from my teahcer:

Ox bỏ cái từ 'nhé' đó đi nha!
Bx rất dị ứng với từ đó
Ox phải nói 'nha', con gái lúc trước ox wen là bắc kỳ ha?
Nam kỳ chơi điếm thúi

what is the meaning highlighted in red?
my teacher say điếm thúi cannot be found in dictionary wan.

KT kor kor:

Người bắc kỳ chơi đc hơn nam kỳ = northerners play better than southerners
Nam kỳ chơi điếm thúi = southerners play/hook up with hookers

điếm = whore, thúi = just
điếm thúi = just prostitute
:cool: :eek:

volcano
21-10-2011, 07:15 PM
KT kor kor:

:cool: :eek:

wow....KC kor kor oi.....long time no see and u become TV expert liao nia...:D

KangTuo
21-10-2011, 09:54 PM
KT kor kor:

whao whao... kc kor kor tv improve... but
I just found out the meaning from my teacher.

điếm thúi = choi xau choi toi = chao kar (hokkien)
she say can really find exact work to translate but its something like a guy got money but go find a friend for dinner. after dinner, his friend pay the bill and he quite quite go off after enjoy the free meal.

so her meaning is actually northerner more steady while southerners very "chao kar". she actually like to go out with northereners so she say it this way.

Seletar
22-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Hi bros, can help to translate, thanks in advance.

T: loan do ha ? thay giao day
em khoe khong
chua di ha
gap ox em chua
khi nao em hoc lai dt cho thay nhe

haosac
22-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Hi bros, can help to translate, thanks in advance.

T: loan do ha ? thay giao day
em khoe khong
chua di ha
gap ox em chua
khi nao em hoc lai dt cho thay nhe

T: r u Loan? I'm (ur) teacher
how r u?
havnt left yet?
met your husband yet?
when you start studying again, call me

Seems normal talk. I guess the girl just got married (you?) and the teacher asked if she has left the country (or her home town) anot?

blur185
22-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Bay gio o day co nhieu nguoi biet va hieu tieng viet! Vo Tay kangtuo
Bro Kangtuo khi nao muon di choi ha? Con di 51 va V2 kg?

jackbl
22-10-2011, 07:35 AM
upz you for sharing...

Pls dun quote the whole posting :D

jf66312
22-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Pls dun quote the whole posting :D

hehe..yup..just realised...

will take note... thanks for reminding... :)

ilovedoggie
22-10-2011, 09:51 AM
My girl told me her Aunty died in the morning.dem qua bi xe dung.

I just realise I dunno what to say to share my condolence in vnmese.

Anyone has any idea?

KangTuo
22-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Bay gio o day co nhieu nguoi biet va hieu tieng viet! Vo Tay kangtuo
Bro Kangtuo khi nao muon di choi ha? Con di 51 va V2 kg?

ngay nao cung di choi ma lau lam kg di 51 roi.
di choi nhieu nam roi, toi chi di V2 may lan thoi tai vi kg thich di V2.

:)

KangTuo
22-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Ya lor.

Nam kỳ chơi điếm thúi

haosac, can help to tranlsate or confirm the translation or explain the meaning?

haosac
22-10-2011, 01:31 PM
My girl told me her Aunty died in the morning.dem qua bi xe dung.

I just realise I dunno what to say to share my condolence in vnmese.

Anyone has any idea?

u mean in vnmese?

Anh xin gửi lời chia buồn sâu sắc đến em và gia đình. Mong em hay mạnh mẽ lên và vượt qua nỗi đau này.

btw, did she ask you for money to help her taking care of the funeral?

ilovedoggie
22-10-2011, 01:49 PM
u mean in vnmese?

Anh xin gửi lời chia buồn sâu sắc đến em và gia đình. Mong em hay mạnh mẽ lên và vượt qua nỗi đau này.

btw, did she ask you for money to help her taking care of the funeral?

no. maybe haven't? i hope not... :D

if ask i confirm won't give. this is a test.

haosac
22-10-2011, 01:51 PM
haosac, can help to tranlsate or confirm the translation or explain the meaning?

That's southerner saying. I dun completely understand the word điếm thúi, but based on the context, I believe that means:

Hanging out with northerners is better than with southerners
Southerners are shifty

Basically, điếm thúi = stink whore = a person who even worse than a normal whore (with sweet scent :p), in this case it means a person who is shifty, dishonor, disloyal, mean, or cheap etc..

haosac
22-10-2011, 02:03 PM
no. maybe haven't? i hope not... :D

if ask i confirm won't give. this is a test.

tat's right. in vn, unless u r in a very close and serious (love) relationship, u dun need to care bout your friends'/lover's aunt/uncle funeral.

Hurricane88
22-10-2011, 02:09 PM
tat's right. in vn, unless u r in a very close and serious (love) relationship, u dun need to care bout your friends'/lover's aunt/uncle funeral.

i disagree with this statement...alot of children in Vn are actually being brought up by their aunties or uncles...becuz their own parents divorced and left them behind...:p

I knew of several cases liao...:p

haosac
22-10-2011, 02:19 PM
i disagree with this statement...alot of children in Vn are actually being brought up by their aunties or uncles...becuz their own parents divorced and left them behind...:p

I knew of several cases liao...:p

Oh, yep, I didn't think it through. If the aunties/uncles raise the person, then sure you have to treat she/he/them as the person's parent(s).

ilovedoggie
22-10-2011, 02:20 PM

yea that's the culture... but i think i'm in serious relationship? shit... dunno how close and serious though... i visited her place 2 weeks ago in vn.

the aunt i think met before but i don't think she raise her. and if im not wrong and i hope... she's the aunt who is her mother's rival... but what if not?

some time ago she told me abt her cau nam also accident go hospital but she nvr ask me for money.

haosac pls share more abt vietnamese culture with us. thanks.

blur185
22-10-2011, 02:36 PM
ngay nao cung di choi ma lau lam kg di 51 roi.
di choi nhieu nam roi, toi chi di V2 may lan thoi tai vi kg thich di V2.

:)

Bay gio di choi o dau ha?

jackbl
22-10-2011, 03:48 PM
That's southerner saying. I dun completely understand the word điếm thúi

Are u from the north? :D Where are you now?

ilovedoggie
22-10-2011, 04:47 PM

he in sgp. jio him go jc.:D

haosac
22-10-2011, 07:02 PM
I will share with you bros some modern fun fun phrases commonly used in Vietnam in the past few years. Unless otherwise stated, the phrases are safe to use with friends/girls, to make fun without harm. These phrases sound fun mainly because of the rhythm of the words involved. Some phrases I couldn't translate close enough, so I explained them in black.

I think using these phrases at the right time/context would rather benefit you bros. For example, you may tell a girl: “anh đang “chán như con gián”, em có cách nào giúp anh vui lên được không?” = “I’m “chán như con gián”, could you, by someway, help cheering me up”. If a Vguy says such thing, the Vgirl wouldn’t be so impressed. But I believe it makes a huge different when a foreigner is able to talk like that. So here goes..

Ác như con tê giác = malicious like a rhinoceros
Ăn chơi sợ gì mưa rơi = playing fear not raining (need not to care if it’s raining)
Ảo tung chảo = Imaginary toss pan (describing something too illusory, for example, if you see a girl picture which is very sparkling with Photoshop effect, you can say: “ảo tung chảo”)
Bình thường như cân đường hộp sữa = nomal like a kg of suger and a can of milk (describing something very normal)
Chán như con gián = Bored like a cockroach
Chuyện nhỏ như con thỏ = Small thing like a rabbit (~ no problem)
Cố quá thành quá cố = Try hard then die lor
Đẹp trai có gì là sai = what’s wrong if I’m handsome
Ngất trên cành quất = faint on a mandarin branch (say this when you face something that you think is way over your ability to handle)
Ngon lành cành đào = delicious like a peach branch (something very good, or have done well something)
Nhan sắc có hạn, thủ đoạn vô biên = though beauty is limit, tricks are unlimited = (describe someone) ugly but very tricky --- A BIT OFFENSIVE
Ngu thì chết = stupid then die lor --- OFFENSIVE
Ngu còn tỏ ra nguy hiểm = stupid still act like very dangerous --- OFFENSIVE
Xấu xí còn gây chú ý ~ ugly but try to be catchy --- OFFENSIVE

That are some I could recall at the moment. Will try to post more if you bros like. Or if you come across any phrase that you confuse, just ask me.

Vì sự nghiệp tán gái của anh em SBF,
Cheers.

haosac
22-10-2011, 07:53 PM
yea that's the culture... but i think i'm in serious relationship? shit... dunno how close and serious though... i visited her place 2 weeks ago in vn.

the aunt i think met before but i don't think she raise her. and if im not wrong and i hope... she's the aunt who is her mother's rival... but what if not?

some time ago she told me abt her cau nam also accident go hospital but she nvr ask me for money.

haosac pls share more abt vietnamese culture with us. thanks.

Well, I have some very very close friends, both male and female (almost like xiōng dì jie mei). They are all raised by their parents. They have never informed me about their aunts'/uncles' funeral. That doesn't mean that they dislike me or they don't feel any lost for their relatives death. It's just that the incidents can't be compared to one lost his/her mother/dad and no need to inform (even very close friends about) that. Unless I know the aunts/uncles at a certain level, I don't need to care about the funeral.

If i'm in a serious relationship with a girl, I would go to the funeral with the girl (if not too far, like if the funeral in north VN and I'm in Sgp then oso no need) and besides suitable flower for this incident, I give the aunt family (not the girl ah) some money (the value is around 20sgd. Though this can be various, no need to be more than 50sgd). I still dun need to pay a whole sum of money for the funeral. If the girl's mother/dad dies, then I could get myself be involved in preparing for the funeral (and if the girl's family is very poor then I would take care of all expense if I could).

Those are things normally Vietnamese people do in general cases. There are actually no certain rules for this kind of matter, it all depends on how you feel. For example, if the aunt's family is extremely poor, and I have spare money, I may also pay for their funeral.

Comeback to your case, why there are 2 incidents happened in a short period? It could be they are very unlucky, it could also a case (hope not) that she might tell you those things to see if you are willing to give her money easily or not? If girls wanna test you (about money matter or whatever sensitive matter) I dun think they will ask you directly, especially those experience one. I apology for being doubtful and negative, but I think it's best to analyze all things that can happen.

jackbl
22-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Vì sự nghiệp tán gái của anh em SBF.

This sentence means For career courting gals of SBF brothers?

haosac
22-10-2011, 08:03 PM

I'm from Hà Nội. What do you think about the place? :)

haosac
22-10-2011, 08:06 PM
This sentence means For career courting gals of SBF brothers?

Haha, tat's right :). I can see your TV is lợi hại đấy :D

dingding75
22-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Any bros can help to translate thanks...
1) Ban dung buon - you are sad
2) co le ban dang hieu lam baxa ban
3) ban la nguoi dan Ong tot luon luon nghi ve baxa ban
4) ban la mot nguoi dang ong tot

ziqmatex01
22-10-2011, 11:32 PM
chuc cac ban hoc gioi tieng viet :p

haosac
22-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Any bros can help to translate thanks...
1) Ban dung buon - you are sad
2) co le ban dang hieu lam baxa ban
3) ban la nguoi dan Ong tot luon luon nghi ve baxa ban
4) ban la mot nguoi dang ong tot

1) You, please don't be sad
2) Maybe you misunderstood your wife
3) You are a good man who always care for your wife
4) You are a good man

Basically, the person is trying to encourage you in a friendly way.

ilovedoggie
23-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Well, I have some very very close friends, both male and female (almost like xiōng dì jie mei). They are all raised by their parents. They have never informed me about their aunts'/uncles' funeral. That doesn't mean that they dislike me or they don't feel any lost for their relatives death. It's just that the incidents can't be compared to one lost his/her mother/dad and no need to inform (even very close friends about) that. Unless I know the aunts/uncles at a certain level, I don't need to care about the funeral.

Comeback to your case, why there are 2 incidents happened in a short period? It could be they are very unlucky, it could also a case (hope not) that she might tell you those things to see if you are willing to give her money easily or not? If girls wanna test you (about money matter or whatever sensitive matter) I dun think they will ask you directly, especially those experience one. I apology for being doubtful and negative, but I think it's best to analyze all things that can happen.

thanks for the guide of giving not more than $50. that first incident was about 1month plus ago. but just normal accident i think. the way i see the traffic in vietnam i think accident can happen easily. my viet fren told me there's nothing much to be feared of in vietnam except the traffic.

if u read my past story, she know im not a person who is willing to give money. and also she's the one that is cracking my head analyzing over and over again but can't find much clue of flaw... maybe she's experienced. i dont think she will ask unless it's really a test or they really need it. but things are really uncertain. i dont dare to think much also... just let things be...

a lot of thanks to u :)

KangTuo
23-10-2011, 10:23 AM
U better dun go hcmc! There are many spies in hcmc! They will report police. U better stay put in sgp to continue your TV learning. I'm not satisied with your progress. No oversea learning program for u

you may get your wish come true. though i bought my airticket, i will not go look for my teacher already.

1) go look for my kien giang vb (unlikely course i abit sinaz in bonking her)
2) go look for my bx becoz she keep asking to go vn instead of she coming here. 10mths never go go vn "offically" roi. (yet to tell her)
3) stay back in sing to chiong like no tomorrow from 26 till 30 (must got good vb to kc.. which i see a few in jc and upub liao)

:D

jackbl
23-10-2011, 02:59 PM
you may get your wish come true. though i bought my airticket, i will not go look for my teacher already.

Sorry that is not my wish, just a warning instead. Scared cos of this issue, u cant come into SBF to help us to translate those difficult TV to English :D Not worth of such risk ;)

jackbl
23-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm from Hà Nội. What do you think about the place? :)

Been there once during Nov. Nice scene nice weather nice people....but it is not as good to chiong as in hcmc :D

jackbl
23-10-2011, 05:11 PM
lợi hại

Is the meaning = good ? 厉害 ? Cant find it in my dictionary with meaningful explaination.

jackbl
23-10-2011, 05:18 PM
chuc cac ban hoc gioi tieng viet :p

You another vietnamese here? :eek:

jackbl
23-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Haha

BTW does your nickname haosac= dam tac = 好色 ??? :D

jackbl
23-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Basically, điếm thúi = stink whore = a person who even worse than a normal whore (with sweet scent :p), in this case it means a person who is shifty, dishonor, disloyal, mean, or cheap etc..

when i check the word stink, it is thối. So thúi is it a wrong word to use above?

KangTuo
23-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry that is not my wish, just a warning instead. Scared cos of this issue, u cant come into SBF to help us to translate those difficult TV to English. Not worth of such risk

what issue? kg hieu j het....

anyway I confirmed no risk as my bx ask me send money back ths week, I ask if any of the spies going back so I do not ned to send via bank. Her reply is NO one going back this coming week.

haosac
23-10-2011, 06:38 PM
but it is not as good to chiong as in hcmc

Can't comment on this. My chionging experience in VN is totally blank:o

Is the meaning = good ? 厉害 ? Cant find it in my dictionary with meaningful explaination.

It's = lì hài (mandarin pinyin). It's kind of a Vietnamese word which has root from Chinese. I actually don't know Chinese:o, but just checked up your Chinese word, it seems the same meaning.

BTW does your nickname haosac= dam tac = 好色 ??? :D

Well, the actual meaning is = lust for beauty. The word dâm tặc is pretty close to call a háo sắc person though. Again, I looked up each of your chinese words individually, and came up with exactly háo sắc. Maybe the dictionary leads you to dâm tặc.

when i check the word stink, it is thối. So thúi is it a wrong word to use above?

"thúi"="thối", southerners pronounce it wrongly (if there's any southern VN bro, pls dun kick me ass:D), and thus write/type it wrongly.

RJ2004
24-10-2011, 12:22 PM

cute... thats my usual mood :D

jackbl
25-10-2011, 12:32 AM
cute... thats my usual mood :D

So RJ2004 is another Loi Hai here :D Please give your guidance, thanks :)

KangTuo
25-10-2011, 12:46 AM
a conversation between a guy and a vb...

guy: hom nay tao may 1 mat 1 con lun na
vb2: dám chơi 1 mất 1 còn ko
guy: Tao 1 mat 1 c0n, Tjm thang jang loj choj oaj, Mag an cap sao manh dc

1 mat 1 con = 1 lose 1 continue?... but what it means?
what is the meaning in red?

any bro can help translate?

volcano
25-10-2011, 04:29 AM

shld be arranging for a fight or something like that.

so 1 mat 1 con here shld means either one wins/1 dead 1 still alive.

if 'jang' is the name of a person then it means

'looking for Jang that is xia lan'

i really catch no ball for 'Mag an cap sao manh dc'

RJ2004
25-10-2011, 12:53 PM
wah KangTuo join Vietnamese mafia liao... :o

haosac
25-10-2011, 01:19 PM

1 mất 1 còn, like bro volcano says: 1 die 1 live

1st half red: j is used to replace i, sometime to replace gi, especially when sms through a mobile phone with the old keyboard kind. "oaj"="rồi". Meaning: Tìm thằng Giang Loi chơi rồi. I beleave you could translate this.
2nd half red: Mag=Mạng as in Mạng Lưới=Network=the Internet. Meaning: Mạng ăn cắp sao mạnh được, ie the Internet the person uses is stolen from others (maybe from a Cafe Wifi nearby), so it's weak.

Think the 2 are goin to play some online fighting game. There might be another meaning for the red part though (cause lacking of sign tone, and the context is not clear)

RJ2004
25-10-2011, 02:09 PM

So RJ2004 is another Loi Hai here :D Please give your guidance, thanks :)

see my signature and your signature... who should guide who? i long long time retired liao :D

RJ2004
25-10-2011, 02:13 PM
anyone know whether there's some source online to see what are the common food in vietnamese restaurants in English?

for eg.
com xao... fried rice
mi xao... fried noodle
pho bo... beef noodles (duh! dumb example hehe)
lou hai san... seafood steamboat

haosac
25-10-2011, 03:38 PM
anyone know whether there's some source online to see what are the common food in vietnamese restaurants in English?

for eg.
com xao... fried rice
mi xao... fried noodle

Just found some. The source might not be reliable, mainly combination of word2word translation.

http://www.go.vn/diendan/showthread.php?151181-Ten-cac-mon-an-dan-da-Viet-Nam-bang-Tieng-Anh

haosac
25-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I believe most of bros here know http://vdict.com/, where you can combine checking Eng-Vie, Vie-Eng, Chi-Vie to get the best result.

I uploaded this other kind of Eng-Vie, Vie-Eng dictionary, which is mainly for word2word translation. The dict provides mostly technical/medical/business professional words, but sometimes you may also find it's helpful in daily life situation.

Download the dict here (http://ifile.it/okzcwdx/Prodic.zip)

RJ2004
25-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Just found some. The source might not be reliable, mainly combination of word2word translation.

http://www.go.vn/diendan/showthread.php?151181-Ten-cac-mon-an-dan-da-Viet-Nam-bang-Tieng-Anh

thanks thanks... i am looking for more of these :)

ilovedoggie
25-10-2011, 04:40 PM
some updates about me:

My girl didn't ask me for any money for her aunt's funeral at all...

but i had a heated argument with her last night which is not related to her aunt's death issue at all. I called her and found that she was drinking beer with her friend(s) and i got buc boi and said ugly things to her. :o

Anyway need some help on this:

toi biet ban xem thuong toi ban luon nghi toi chi loi dung ban nhung khong sao vi toi ngheo ma.

xem thuong = look care?
khong sao = nevermind?

overall: it means " i know you care about me. you always think i only make use of you but nevermind because i'm poor. ???

Toi biet ban rat thuong toi nhung co nhung luc toi rat khong dung voi ban toi khong bao gio de voi ban chi vi tien

nhung co nhung luc = ???

Overall: I know you care about me very much but ??? I really never make use of you. i never be with you because of money.

KC trap?! :mad:

RJ2004
25-10-2011, 04:55 PM
some updates about me:

erm, wads the relationship like if she's using toi... ban... in the messages? :confused:

ilovedoggie
25-10-2011, 05:00 PM
erm, wads the relationship like if she's using toi... ban... in the messages? :confused:

sometimes use anh/em sometimes use toi/ban sometimes use ox/bx... i'm also confused :confused:

deptrai4u
25-10-2011, 05:36 PM
sometimes use anh/em sometimes use toi/ban sometimes use ox/bx... i'm also confused :confused:

Anh/em = courting phase. she is saying that u have some chance
ox/bx = you upped her already and she now wants to hold on to you
toi/ban = she is telling you that u have no chance lah, so best if you move on.

deptrai4u
25-10-2011, 05:40 PM

for eg.
com xao... fried rice
mi xao... fried noodle

Corrections...

there is mi xao and pho xao but never have com xao... but have com rang or com chien.

If ever there is com xao, it will be equivalent to our mui fan in singapore, fried rice with some gravy.

seafood steamboat is written as Lau Hai San... not Lou Hai San.

By the way, do u guys know how to say Seafood Steamboat in Japanese???? its actually Kan Ni Nar Beh!!! no joke!

haosac
25-10-2011, 05:44 PM
some updates about me:

Anyway need some help on this:

toi biet ban xem thuong toi ban luon nghi toi chi loi dung ban nhung khong sao vi toi ngheo ma.

Toi biet ban rat thuong toi nhung co nhung luc toi rat khong dung voi ban toi khong bao gio de voi ban chi vi tien

Translation, [] = choose one, () = explanation:

1. I know you are [not respect/think little of] me. You always think that I only takes advantages of you. But it's (your thinking/misunderstanding) okay, cause I'm poor mah.
2. I know you really care about me, but there are sometimes I've [done wrong/behave not well] to you. I never come to you just because of money.

xem thuong = xem thường = coi thường ~ not respect
khong sao = không sao = no problem/alright
nhung co nhung luc = nhưng có những lúc = but there are times

I've actually read some of your posts and found that:
1. Okay, the gal knows for sure that ur not willing to give away money easily (she even gave you money so that you can give it to her relative...)
2. But, she knows you're not a poor guy (saw your album traveling quite around the world)

Really can't tell if she's trying to trap you anot. If not so private, may I know a little bit about her background?

Using toi/ban maybe just because she thinks foreigners understand toi/ban=i/you better. It's partly because she's angry with you (when a gal's angry with you, she may use tôi/anh, or even worse tao/mày..)...Partly because when we Vnmeses first study English, we would be taught i=toi, you=ban... Partly oso because of the ages different between you and her are not too much?

ilovedoggie
25-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Translation, [] = choose one, () = explanation:

Really can't tell if she's trying to trap you anote. If not so private, may I know a little bit about her background?

Using toi/ban maybe just because she thinks foreigners

she's an ex-wl (probably have to be WL again due to some financial difficulties) living in province. yes her family is poor. i visited her place and dined with her immediate and huge extended family just like what i have posted in another thread.

long time ago i managed to read her sms with her so-called ex-bf (i come to know this because of the details she told me some time later and i co-related with the info i've read in the sms. she's using toi/ban as well.

but actually... can't hope too much also. just like the rest of the bros here say, "if you trust WL pig can climb tree" or "my WL is so different from other WL."

thanks for the help and advice bro haosac!

end of discussion anyway.

volcano
25-10-2011, 06:07 PM
By the way, do u guys know how to say Seafood Steamboat in Japanese???? its actually Kan Ni Nar Beh!!! no joke!

side track a bit

yup,.....steamboat in Japanese is called 'nabe'

lugi
25-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Same here.

My vb send me sms like Em nho ox qua, bx nho ox qua... etc.

I think there is not much significance in using the terms lah.. or am I lying to myself? :confused::eek:

phua chu kang
25-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Anh/em = courting phase. she is saying that u have some chance
ox/bx = you upped her already and she now wants to hold on to you
toi/ban = she is telling you that u have no chance lah, so best if you move on.

I learned another lesson:cool:

ilovedoggie
25-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Same here.

My vb send me sms like Em nho ox qua, bx nho ox qua... etc.

I think there is not much significance in using the terms lah.. or am I lying to myself?

yea she will send things like em nho ong xa qua... vi sao anh buon etc... some times toi rat nho ban :confused:

but haosac is right sometimes it depends on their mood. when they are high they will cal u ox... when they are angry with u they will call ban like a friend.

don't care so much, so to speak... let the fate takes it course on you. no point forcing something into your way when it is not supposed to. Most importantly... happy can already :D

feel like going jc now...

Seletar
25-10-2011, 08:04 PM
yea she will send things like em nho ong xa qua... vi sao anh buon etc... some times toi rat nho ban :confused:

but haosac is right sometimes it depends on their mood. when they are high they will cal u ox... when they are angry with u they will call ban like a friend.

feel like going jc now...

...depend how much you give her.. not depend on mood. :p

me too want to go jc now.. hanging around bunkers

SureScore
25-10-2011, 09:02 PM
y
don't care so much, so to speak... let the fate takes it course on you. no point forcing something into your way when it is not supposed to. Most importantly... happy can already

You knew the possible future outcome yet you don't admit and it's doom to fail.

SO what you had been to her house in the province. It meant nothing to them. Most house in the province are poor. Does it mean that you pitied all of them.

If you pity her then this is not love.

WL cannot be trusted. She can sleep with any client who can afford to bid high price. So you don't mind right? You must be out of your mind.

V|ernar
25-10-2011, 11:21 PM
xem thuong = xem thường = coi thường ~ not respect
khong sao = không sao = no problem/alright
nhung co nhung luc = nhưng có những lúc = but there are times

Haosac brother ! You got to teach me tieng viet ! Lol

Great to have a good translator here

Hurricane88
25-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Haosac brother ! You got to teach me tieng viet ! Lol

Great to have a good translator here

you seldom go...difficult to learn...:p

V|ernar
25-10-2011, 11:29 PM
you seldom go...difficult to learn...:p

I also go monthly now , bro hurricane mind give your number ? I want to ask you something !

volcano
26-10-2011, 12:06 AM

u want to go JC now....but u hanging around Bunker now....Bunker not in JC meh....:confused::confused:

or bcos i too long never go back Sillypore,until Bunker shifted liao i also dun know...:confused::confused:

KangTuo
26-10-2011, 12:49 AM

my papa bx also like that... ox bx.. not happy will be anh em... or toi ban.
isee her sms this way, i will start to sms tao may :p

i hang around at home :( super sianz....

Seletar
26-10-2011, 01:18 AM
u want to go JC now....but u hanging around Bunker now....Bunker not in JC meh....:confused::confused:

or bcos i too long never go back Sillypore,until Bunker shifted liao i also dun know...:confused::confused:

I mean when I go jc I will hang around Bunker waiting for friends.

Seletar
26-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Any good heart bros, can help in translation, thanks in advance.

L: Dau roi ?
T: Tram moi ve
Chua dih di LAN
Khoag vay
Ngay nua
L: Cham Khoe kg?
T: Loan dau tui

ilovedoggie
26-10-2011, 01:47 AM
You knew the possible future outcome yet you don't admit and it's doom to fail.

SO what you had been to her house in the province. It meant nothing to them. Most house in the province are poor. Does it mean that you pitied all of them.

If you pity her then this is not love.

WL cannot be trusted. She can sleep with any client who can afford to bid high price. So you don't mind right? You must be out of your mind.

thanks for reminding me as i am newbie still. will definitely remember your words.

but i never pity her. she said so because i was the one thinking about money all the time.

i belong to school of thought of KT. that's why i am still doing it but like bro KT mentioned... expect ups and downs.

so... what if in the end i could not end up with her? it's still an experience of life. i courted some sg women before and it cost me more money and blood also.

whenever it comes to women... blood and money are unavoidable. just make sure i play within my limit.

As mentioned by some bros here, expect some kho-ness with them. so if i wan to play such game i have to brace myself taking it.

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 01:50 AM

Chua dih di LAN
Khoag vay
Ngay nua

Vdict will solve your problem

ilovedoggie
26-10-2011, 01:51 AM
isee her sms this way, i will start to sms tao may :p

niceee... next time i also do so :D.

after i visited her place she become more lovey dovey with me bcuz everyone in her house ask her when are we getting married. even her friends when know about this also ask me when am i going to marry her... seriously i don't think it's appropriate in my culture. visit once talk about marriage???:eek::confused:

only after the heated argument last night she become cold to me.

next time go jc i buy u and anh jack beer!

ilovedoggie
26-10-2011, 01:59 AM

Chua dih di LAN
Khoag vay
Ngay nua

i help u do vdict homework and let the bros here to correct.

dau roi = sick already?
tram moi ve= Tram just back
chua dih di LAN (lam, i think she use iphone when u type lam it becomes LAN) = not yet go work
khoag vay = not like this
ngay nua = worry more
Cham khoe kg = Cham good or not?
Loan dau tui = luon dau tui = always sick pocket = always worry about money?

jackbl
26-10-2011, 02:07 AM

After knowing the para teacher, ur TV has improved :D

jackbl
26-10-2011, 02:09 AM
wah KangTuo join Vietnamese mafia liao... :o

No, it's his VB, a lady mafia in hcmc ;) No play play with KT. He can move "water" from vn to come here hor :D

jackbl
26-10-2011, 02:14 AM
see my signature and your signature... who should guide who? i long long time retired liao :D

Look at signature no use one la....E.g. even u are in vn for 5 years, but u no mood/heart to learn, u cant compare to a person who learnt vn in sgp for 5 years on the streets of JC/GL

I go few places more than u but u may live life closer to the locals where u experience it as a native there. :D

volcano
26-10-2011, 02:45 AM
i help u do vdict homework and let the bros here to correct.

dau roi = sick already?
tram moi ve= Tram just back
chua dih di LAN (lam, i think she use iphone when u type lam it becomes LAN) = not yet go work
khoag vay = not like this
ngay nua = worry more
Cham khoe kg = Cham good or not?
Loan dau tui = luon dau tui = always sick pocket = always worry about money?

let me do some amendments.

dau roi = reach where already
khoan vay = estimate when
ngay nua = 1 more day

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 02:49 AM
let me do some amendments.

dau roi = reach where already
khoan vay = estimate when
ngay nua = 1 more day

You another sibei eng samster ! I thought viet all sleep early ?

KangTuo
26-10-2011, 02:53 AM
i belong to school of thought of KT. that's why i am still doing it but like bro KT mentioned... expect ups and downs.

ah wu wa eh tai ji :eek:

After knowing the para teacher, ur TV has improved

is it? i learned too many words till i cannot blur. overdose of tv especially online tv...

some short form to share:

vk = vo khung
ck = chong khung
dd= dap da (play ice)
onl = online
"=" = bang i.e onl = dt or onl = may vi tinh

No, it's his VB, a lady mafia in hcmc ;) No play play with KT. He can move "water" from vn to come here hor :D

who is the mafia lady? my number 1?

volcano
26-10-2011, 02:54 AM
You another sibei eng samster ! I thought viet all sleep early ?

Viet sleep early but i not Viet mah....:p