Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
sentence deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Do you regret marrying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangguo View Post
Stop blaming it on your wife. Becoming a parent is a calling.

Well if you wanted so much to form a family nucleus, you can go and adopt a child.

There is nothing out there to stop you from doing so.
An adopted child is never as good as your own biological child. Also, in Singapore, there are too many red tapes to go through for an adoption, not to mention the waiting period. Besides, I would very much prefer to bequeath my assets to my own biological child, even if she's a daughter. During our younger years, we did thought of IVF but the cost was too high and also cannot co-pay with CPF (at that time). Now that we have the finances, she's already well beyond the safe child bearing age, especially for a first born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfrog View Post
Bro having a child does not equate to happiness. Sometimes it is fate.. i mean if you believe in fate.
Your neighbour might envy you for all you know..
I am not asking for many, but at least 1 so that I can bequeath my wealth to him/her upon my demise. Don't think I'm asking for too much right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsee View Post
I have to say...there is no point in getting married if the woman cannot bear children...Might as well just maintain a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship if that is so...After all in the event of a divorce, even without kids...we guys still have to pay out tons of $$$ for alimony which is lame....
Very true indeed, not to mention also the frequent nagging from the wife.