View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2863 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilio2003 View Post
can u tell me how u can help..
When it comes to clinical depression, the cause actually does not matter. Depression can be treated while the actual cause is being addressed at the same time.

Very often the depression remains even after the cause is resolved. In many cases there is no real cause for depression. Something may have triggered the downward spiral but the depression remains long after the trigger ceases to be a factor.

In the old days people with depression were often chastised for the state they were in. "Snap out of it" was the common retort. Being depressed was viewed as a weakness, even more so if the sufferer had no obvious reasons for the melancholy state he/she was in.

Science has advanced considerably in the 21st century and depression is actually a VISIBLE state that can be seen in a pet scan.

Since we now know that depression is actually an "injury" of the brain, new methods have been developed to treat the disease.

There are many approaches when it comes to treatment involving a drug, a combination of drugs, electrotherapy and magnetotherapy.

The difficulty when it comes to treatment is that everyone is different. A drug that works well for one person may well have no effect on another. There is no "one size fits all" approach. That is why it is important for the patient to actually take charge of his/her own treatment. The doctor plays the part of the coach but the patient has to execute the moves of the game.

It is also necessary not to confuse "sadness" and "grief" with depression. The former is part of the human condition. We feel sad when we fail to meet a goal. We feel grief when we lose a loved one. However does not equate to depression. Depression is a physical state of the brain not an emotional response to an external factor(s).

I used to think that depression was difficult to diagnose. I have now found that it is actually very easy. The most obvious sign of depression is the long term loss of interest in the activities that you used to enjoy eg your life long hobbies and your favorite sports. I emphasise "long term" because we all go through highs and lows when it comes to things which interest and motivate us.

If you used to love watching the Premier League but now find that it has done nothing for you for the last 6 months, chances are you could be depressed and further investigation is needed.

I hope this info helps. It won't fix the predicament you are in but for all you know the state of your relationship with your loved ones could be A RESULT of depression rather than the cause of it. Depressed people are very difficult to get along with.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates