View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 01:21 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2531 / Power: 6
SerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lonely Housewife - Phase 2 Re-opening Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerflySGR View Post
I raised my arms, presenting the things that I bought for her.

"Nothing much. But hope you like them" I said.

"Wow! So thoughtful of you! Thanks!" her eyes brightened up for a second. "Are all men like this? Thoughtful initially and then after they get you in bed, they start to take you for granted?"

I opened my mouth but no intelligent sounds came out of it.
"I'm sorry." I finally said. "Maybe this is a bad time. I should go now. Sorry." I turned and made my way to the door. There was one thing I learnt over the years and that is to 'know when to hold them, know when to fold them; know when to walk away and know when to run'. And I think the best thing I should do now is just to leave; explaining would only make me appear more guilty than innocent.

I must have made only a few steps towards the main door when she apologized. "No, I should be the one apologizing for the bad attitude." she said.

"Are you ok? What happened? You want to talk about it?" I offered, pretending not to know the apparent cause of her bad mood.

"No lah, it's ok. I just had a bad day, that's all." Maggi replied. But there was no way I did not notice how red and watery her eyes had become.

"Ok." I said, thinking of what to say next as I took a look around her home. Other than the 'occasional' family photo, most of the photographs in the living room were of their son or photographs of Maggi and her son. I could only deduce that either their son was the center of their relationship or her husband spent very little time with them.

"Erm Maggi," I cleared my throat, "are you cooking something in the kitchen?" I asked. It's either that or something else was burning.

"Oh shit! Ah Boy's porridge!" She exclaimed as she scurried into the kitchen. Maybe it's true what they say about women become more forgetful after childbirth?

Not wanting to cause her panic, I counted till 10 before I slowly walked towards the kitchen. What I saw there was a sight to behold - a young mother cooking (with love) for her son. For the first time, I noticed that I am now looking at Maggi without her mask. Oh what a sight!

( Click to show/hide )

She seemed so engrossed with her cooking that she didn't seem to notice me walk in. I was never a fan of porridge and I always thought it was the preferred food of sick patients or old people with dentures but after catching a whiff of her cooking, coupled with the sight of this angel behind the stove, I guess you could say that I was salivating.

"Smells delicious." I said.

"Really meh?" she asked.

"There's really no reason for me to lie, Maggi." I said earnestly, "Why should I?"

"Because all men lie." she said, choking back her tears. "They lie to get what they want. And, after they get whatever they want they continue to lie so that they can get away with it."

"Look, I think you think I'm nice to you because I want something from you." I said, starting to take offense with where she's going with her accusations.

"Aren't you?" she retorted.

Yes, I admit that I have ulterior motives in wanting to help her. Yes, I admit I wanted to find out how far this could go. Yes, I fantasize having a go with her but then again, which man in his right frame of mind wouldn't? But I was very sure I never saw her as a one night stand or another notch on the bedpost.

"Well, no!" I raised my voice. I just felt wronged and had to defend myself. "You have seen my postings in the Group Chat; I share what I know and I don't pretend to be what I am not. I share with everybody there, irregardless of their gender or profile pic. I can't help it that you are young and good-looking."

Shit... Shit... Shit... I was never good at controlling my temper. I just blurt things out when I get angry. Why did I have to say that she was young and good-looking? Now, for sure she will think that I am nice to her just because of that!

Some of my threads/posts may be a work of fiction
so names, places, incidents, etc. could have been imagined or used in a fictitious manner
Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead) / events is purely coincidental
Images used are for illustrative purposes only