View Single Post
Old 23-04-2022, 03:42 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1006 / Power: 13
Anonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud of
Re: How I got myself with an ex-colleague...

The HR and IT depts were at different blocks separated by a small road. Usually this would not take more than 5 mins, but the day went differently as the hiring manager waylaid me and "kindly" asked a few questions to affirm that her staff would have got "the newest and best" laptop currently available. It was true Angelina did get the best and it was not of any intended action of mine since she happened to be on the right side of a tech refresh.

So from 5 mins it became 10 mins and as I settled down at my desk and logged in my laptop. Of the corner of my eye I saw a blinking icon - not unusual since we are the "turn-to" guys when IT issues arise - but it was a little different this time. It was a new message from someone not from my contact list. I looked at it closer - oh it's Angelina!

[IM conversation]
Angelina: is this the right guy I am talking to?
Me: (still settling on my seat) which guy on the right would you like to speak to?
Angelina: the IT guy that just passed me my new laptop.
Me: Yes, that would be me. So you are Angelina?
Angelina: how many new laptops have you distributed 30 mins into the morning?
Me: (realizing I need to be a bit more awake) oh yeah it makes sense, yeah then that's you.
Angelina: thanks for the laptop again.
Me: no issues. any issues for the IT guy?
Angelina: ehmmm jus trying out this messenger thing. does little other than msgs eh?
Me: you can share screen, send files, that's about it.
Angelina: ....
Angelina: you cannot hack into my laptop right
Me: I can, if I want.
Angelina: you must be pulling my leg
Me: I am, if your legs are long enough for me to reach (this was meant to be innocent, I had zero wicked thoughts then...okay, maybe 0.01% at the back of my head)
Angelina: I have very short legs
Me: If you short, half of the ladies in your dept have to amputate your legs to patch to themselves
Angelina: that is VERY GROSSSS
Angelina: is this how you talk to girls???
Me: for me to know for you to find out
Angelina: ok ok
Angelina: chat again, your nemesis is back
[end of conversation]

I smiled to myself a lil - wow, I am feeling a bit lucky. Then I relaxed a little on my seat.

My nemesis? Oh, her hiring manager. It made sense.

Next: https://www.sbfsg.net/showpost.php...3&postcount=20

Last edited by Anonyabc; 26-04-2022 at 11:40 PM.