View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 340 / Power: 14
nanasempoi is one of the Best!nanasempoi is one of the Best!nanasempoi is one of the Best!nanasempoi is one of the Best!
Re: Malaysia Cup/ League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2centsworth View Post
Surprised that no one started a thread on this. Let's have a thread on Malaysia Cup/League. I'm sure a lot of us grow up supporting Fandi Ahmad and V Sundramoorthy. Gambling on the result is also quite common, though the suspicion of kelong used to be there all the time. I just hope the refereeing won't be as biased as last time. I remembered when we played Johor at Larkin, there was a photo of their player stepping on our player's neck in a tackle!

What's your view of us re-joining the league and cup? We seem to be sending a U-23 team with 5 seniors and 3 foreigners. I really think we don't need foreigners. The Kallang Roar is really memorable when we meet Selangor, Pahang, Johor, Kedah and KL. The stamping of feet during a corner, the wave, the vulgarities, the dates... Ah...

Sempoi: if the main objective of sending the u-23s to m-league is to gain exposure, thus there is no need of foreigners in the squad. Juz let have 3 senior players guiding them, as these boys are gonna bear the weight of sea games..
Unlike back in the old days, when Singapore was active in the m-league, as at that point of time, the local league wasnt that too exposed even though the spectators can easily outnumber the number of ppl attending a normal s-league match today.