View Single Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Re: How to marry a Geylang WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by miak View Post
What is the real estate appreciation over there? Also political instability...
From what I know 50K SGD buys you a damn nice condo in bangkok including renovations and all..

I may be wrong cuz these point were given by my last thai gf... :P
I know there are a few savvy ang-mo there who make a [good] living just buying new condo (launches) and sell them on "T.O.P." for like 20-30% profit. They renovate it and sell it at premium, especially in pataya. Can't say for those resale market after staying in for a few years; I think there's some risk especially with loads of condo sprouting out in the past few years.

Yes, big questions on stability and such too, it's definitely not the best place to invest in property IF not because of other agenda like getting a transit love nest there, or keeping a mistress where the monthly rent is higher than paying for the loan payment, etc.

50K for a condo? Maybe. The range is huge, all depends on where and type, but I doubt so in a good location of BKK. Must be near MRT/BTS mah, not have to walk deep in-road.

Well, ahem... when marrying a Geylang WL, housing is one consideration for bros. Get a condo is one option, at least don't get conned into buying those "landed" properties where you don't own the title deed. They don't have Women Charter there, but you can still loose 100% of your property in a divorce if not careful