Thread: Vientiane,Laos
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 628 / Power: 10
vbkk is a name known to allvbkk is a name known to allvbkk is a name known to allvbkk is a name known to allvbkk is a name known to allvbkk is a name known to all
Re: Vientiane,Laos

Here's my FR for my trip to Laos/Vientiane.

Took a early flight from Bangkok Don Mueang Airport to Udon Thani Airport. Exit the airport and was offered a one way trip from airport to the Thai immigration at Nong Khai for 200baht.

Journey took about an hour to reach the border. Cleared immigration and proceed to board a bus and paid 15 baht and reach the other side of the border. Filled up immigration form, joined the long queue and paid custom duty of 5 baht. There after was approached by many touts with services of tuk tuk and taxi. Taxi one way to city center was 300baht and tuk tuk was 200baht. Took the tuk tuk from the border to city center where V hotel was situated. Driver was friendly and spoke Thai as well.

Reached the hotel and had made booking via online. Was told walk in rate was better than booking online as they need to pay commission to the booking website. Paid in Thai baht 1000 for the hotel.

Went out to get SIM card as well as change some kips for usage for the trip. Got a unitel SIM card for 15,000kips and cut to nano for 5,000kips and top up 10,000kips for internet usage for 7 days.

Walked around the vicinity and had lunch at western cafe. Went back to take a rest and went out around 6pm to walk along the park opposite the hotel alongside with the Mekong river. Night bazaar with cheap clothes and accessories.

Went back to change and took a tuk tuk to Sanjiang ktv for 50,000kips ( 200 baht ) Reached early around 0745pm and spoke to the papasan who is half Malaysian half Lao. Young chap who can speak Thai, Chinese and Laos. Girls came into the area where they make up and change clothes for work. Generally for me, the girls cannot make it. I'm not sure for others but being someone who stayed in Bangkok and used to the pretty Thai ladies. Anyway did not spot anyone that fits my bill for the night thus left. LT rate was 2500baht.

Took a tuk tuk wanting to go back to bor bpen yang and chop chai deu restaurant but was still early so tuk tuk offered to bring me to farms. Went wonderland ,la ong dao 1,2. Farms quality more like our Geylang Thai freelances. LT rate 2000-2500baht. 500,000kips. Was disappointed with the quality. tuk tuk was nice to send me back after going so many places and only charged me 200baht. 3 farms and my final destination.

Had dinner at chop chai deu restaurant and maybe I was early and did not spot any potential freelances. Left and went to galaxy pub near my hotel. 3 male singers , 2 female singers took the stage and I would say they have pretty good vocals. Owner was also a Singaporean. Local laos go there for drinks. Went back to hotel when close at 1am. expected to sleep alone anyway since I probably knew I would not be able to find one in laos for my liking.

Be to continued.