View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 01:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziwan View Post
But how to obtain visa for foreign country, this is the tricky part unless u don't mind travel in and out of the country every month.
yes this is actually a major challenge.
There are practically 2 ways to tackle this:

1. Look for countries that issue retirement visas. Not only in asia. Look at other parts of the world. Found this list on the net, may be a good point to start. You can see that most of these countries would probably require some form of passive income to qualify ( i think thailand doesnt need passive income).
https://wherecani.live/explore-optio...irement-visas/
My idea is do at least visit and try staying there at least a month on minimum expense and see if it suits you there.

2. Have enough money, pay for an investment visa. generally expect to at least fork out USD 500k in order to get an investment visa. Note that this USD 500k is not an expense (for most countries that offer it), but a minimum investment amount. You can still get the money back. The only problem is the limited choice of investments that qualify for the visa, or making an investment in that country might yield little for you or even make you suffer financial loss.