View Single Post
Old 14-07-2023, 12:17 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 109 / Power: 11
JackyPhang deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyJackyPhang deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Are current Singaporeans open to dating individuals of other nationalities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseburger03 View Post
If possible, I still prefer dating local SG girls. The similarity in background & culture makes communication much easier. Also shared the same lingos, jokes, taste for great hawker fares etc

Unfortunately, the expectations of sinkiebus are increasingly sky-high along with the inflation rates. Unless one is tall, handsome with successful career, the chance of landing a local SYT is pretty dim.

Many of my peers have married & settled down with foreign girls. they seemed to lead pretty happy lives too. and no longer is the trend that only older, blue collar uncles will marry foreign brides. there seems to be an increasingly number of young SG men (below 35) with decent profession jobs that are also settling down with foreign girls

I have at least 6 guy friends whom have married either a Viet, Thai or ATB lol. All seems to be happily alive now
agreed with your points. i do prefer a local sg girl due to similarities and common things we can relate to due to living in same country.

however due to the increasing standards, i am also now open to dating foreigners.

i too have friends that are happily married with foreign wives.