View Single Post
Old 16-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -54 / Power: 0
bigguy1980 has got little hope of coming out of this alive!
Re: Newbies: What you should NOT do to get FL contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
The treadstarter made some good points on requesting for FL's contact. In fact, these are common sense in which everyone should know. But then again, common sense is not so common after all.

I am responding to this tread on the definition of "newbie". How do we define a newbie? By points or by date of joining? Take for instance, I joined this forum in 2006, much earlier than the treadstarter, but the latter has accumulated more points than I do. Am I considered a newbie relative to him and others who joined later but with more points?

These days we get to see many postings from people who joined the fourm in 07 and 08 using the term newbie. It maybe good to define what constitute a newbie.
Hi bro,

The points I've made are really pure common sense, as what you have mention. But then again, in actual practice, a lot of people(newbies) only use their COW SENSE when they post their reply or in their PM. You can literally see it in everyday posting...

My own defination of newbie.
Its about how much contribution a samster made rather than the date join.

Example
A samster can join this forum in 2005, but made little or no contribution at all, which also result in low point for this guy. He will be classify as a newbie. Seriously, if you dont contribute, dont expect anything.. its the unspoken golden rule in SBF.

Vs

A samster who join in 2008, but made a lot of contribution to make this forum exciting like writting stories/ posting FR finds/ upload movies etc. Ofcos, this guy who contribute will be rewarded with points for all his effot, thus moving him out of the newbie zone.

So you see, who deserve to be called a newbie in this two situation??
The guy who join early but doesnt contribute anything
vs
The guy who contribute his time and effort to make this forum interesting