Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
mitosblog deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: When easy becomes a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonlyj View Post
This is actually a very good example, thanks bro.

I know it is hard to quit when you are losing, etc.
Imagine if you are winning every hand (its an exaggeration but imagine winning 60% of the time...)
And yes, that is me right now...
I'm "winning" the gamble but not exactly winning either.

Not sure if I make sense...
Gambling is like this, at first you win some and you want to win more. But you don't know how to stop when you start losing. In the end you lose all the money. Luckily I did not end up in debt to anyone as I was using my parent's money. The only solution is to let go of all of the losses. I did not take any pills or see any doctor for my gambling problem.

I need to get out of this hell hole alone. It was really difficult in the beginning as the craving was still there you know. It took me many years to overcome this addiction by learning from other people experience such as from people who owed money to loan shark, children who got disowned by their parents due to gambling debt, wife divorcing husband due to gambling, etc.

If I don't stop I cannot imagine how my life would be today. Because I accept life is filled with ups and downs. Losing in gambling is one downside in my life and I accept it as path of learning and growing up. Because in real life if you never fail you cannot learn anything. I accept it with open heart and decide to move on with my life.

I then get involved with regular physical exercise and I found out that this has transformed me over the last 5 years. My confidence increased, I no longer get addicted to gambling, even if I do I only play for fun and bet small amount, win or lose does not matter to me anymore. I felt so much healthier than before. Some ppl even commented I looked younger 10 years than my real age!

To eliminate the craving of bonking outside you can substitute it with a much better hobby such as going for regular exercise and see the difference in your overall long term health. It works for me, I do not see how it cannot work for you if you put full effort in. But let me tell you to change you need discipline, consistency and action.

When I am doing physical exercise I also met obese people (over 100 kg) trying to lose weight by walking for few days and after that disappeared and never see him again. I can sense that he must have given up on losing his weight completely.

The same goes to you, very difficult in the beginning, but at least you must make a first move to find a new hobby, try it and enjoy it. Eventually you are going to get rid of your current hobby. Because if you don't you are going to follow the same old path after you get married and will continue the same old habit even when you have children.