View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Useful thread from the other forum : https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....bal+depression

Another depressed doctor....

nayr69sg
Alfrescian
My Reputation

Default Re: Excellent article on depression suffered by a doctor.

I take Cipralex (escitalopram) and Wellbutrin (Bupropion) daily and Ativan (lorazepam) prn. I also see my counselor at least once a month. It is covered under the Physician and Family Support Program(PFSP) provided with my Alberta Medical Association Membership. I will continue to do so as long as I work as a Family Physician. Dealing with all kinds of different people almost daily with all kinds of self perceived ideas, paranoias and beliefs definitely gets one depressed.

There is no stigma here in Alberta. In fact I would say that if you have an existing mental illness it is advantageous as people have to be more supportive and understanding of you make mistakes.

Singapore Medical Association membership basically gives nothing. Maybe the UOB Visa Card that's about it.

Alberta Medical Association membership covers 80% of my malpractice insurance, CME benefits (includes buying of electronics eg laptops computers hand phones printers etc) up to $3000+, maternity or paternity benefits etc

Definitely way better than crappy SMA.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates