View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5561 / Power: 22
etsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond repute
Re: phillipines, manaila, makati

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardad View Post
Etsys bro:
Interesting article, the morale of the story is to start the business from scratch..
There is no moral, when it comes to bar business Your business is to screw every penny out of the customer or you will be screwed.

Reminds me of a Singaporean friend, who kick started a bar, in Davao- his asawa from Davao.

Initially he said his bar only for Drink and nothing else .. and morally right and wrong etc. etc. and he being a catholic, in a catholic country .. and when the season become bad, and his 150,000 S$ investment seemed to be sinking - with the town 'chiefs' turning up for free drinks etc, he bit the bullet, and now have go-go girls .. now he has recouped his business, and claims he has monthly turnover of sufficient amount for his family, plus a quarterly bonus for staff, and apart from his investment fully recovered - took him 4 years though, but it was fast return, in the eyes of my other bar owner friends ... maybe his location played a big part ..

Quote:
Cheap cheap cheap is said by sillyporean, I only say " siba competitive ".
I thought you will say "LOW COST" as the buzz word is now for cheap stuff ...

Quote:
No wonder my friends keep telling me LAX is a must go.
It is in the list of places one must see, apart from Bed Rock, Spicy Finger, Tabu, Mansion, HRC, Republiq .. so a foreigner will know the other side of Philippines ...

I remember once, outside Tabu, I saw a gang of guys, milling around the huge Ford Expeditions, and the similar MPVs / Large Cars, all wearing Safari Suits with bulging sides (Side-Arm) and having worked with some of the kind, I can sort of figure out if they are carrying or not - and I thought it is a gang on it's way for a raid - slowly I stepped back and the security smiled and said "sir, they are body guards of the guests - you are in one of the safest place (Makati) and as of now, you have about 100 plus armed body guards to protect this place - relax"