View Single Post
Old 16-04-2024, 12:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybastard View Post
Sometimes you just have to agar agar then do it. If you plan too much you tend to overthink then you won't even retire. Work till you drop dead
still have to make plans
overthink then wont be able to do it: probably because expectations and plans are not realistic.

example: i want to have $100m by 40 and retire. My income is $100k a year. No other assets no inheritance waiting for me.

Whats the chance? 0.00000000000000000000001% i think

A plan must be realistic for it to work.

Cut unnecessary spending
save up more, increase income
Load up on investments (research about it first)
Work out how much able to save per year, target age for retirement. Project savings by that age. Work out passive income by that age with that savings amt.
Agar agar might work too. But you will be leaving it to luck. And when luck goes the other way.....

from people i know, massive majority of them couldnt retire because their plans were unrealistic. Plans which they could almost never be able to achieve, thus never be able to retire too. Except the time comes when they are forced into retirement.
Also, dont shift goal posts. Shifting goal posts has no end and you will never reach your goal. The only time to shift goal post is that you realise your retirement plans were unrealistic to begin with.