View Single Post
Old 23-09-2006, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchovies
Bro Cheri_Popper, i'm sure u didn't mean Alan Smith the boyish ex leeds player right?
That Alan Smith you are talking about still wearing diapers then!

The one I was talking about was a former Leicester City whose striking partner was Gary Lineker.

Alan Smith was one of the reasons when we won the league title back in 1989 where we had to go to Anfield and not only win but win by at least 2 clear goals. We were 3 points behind with a inferior goal difffence.

Alan gave us the lead in 59 min and Michael Thomas scored a dramatic winner in the injury time. That Liverpool team was strong and not many teams were able to go to their Anfield fortress and comes back with a win. We were the untlimate underdogs! I remember the match as it was played late on a Saturday morning around 3am.