View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 895 / Power: 23
PuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to behold
Re: Kunming - China

Dear Brother,

It is on the high side, RMB 1500. I agree. Of course, like you say no one can blame me or has the right to do so on how I spend my own money. If my reaction sounds strong, that was because I am never comfortable with generalisation, such as "no wonder they say Singaporeans are very generous!". As I am older now, I prefer not to react to such statement. I told brother Tripping that I would visit the brothers in Guanzhou and Dong Guan next year, I sincerely look forward that the brothers there will guide me to the fun places with lesses cost.

In Dongguan the prices quoted by you and Sinoview were right. I usually get advice from old guards there when visiting those places. During the one year in Hou Jie (on and off), I found that it is a fun and cheaper place for funs, something that I miss a lot when my job requires me to be in Shanghai most of the time. In Xiamen, I am always guided by my own cousins, and find that the price is slightly more than Dong Guan, for eg, instead of RMB 700, I would pay about RMB 800.

Newbies should find out more from this forum, and when in doubt ask. We can tell them the high side and the low side and they make decision by themselves.

Have fun! Another 5 days here to explore further.

PuTonRen aka UFO_Man