View Single Post
Old 21-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
mints&cream deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: say something to somebody u miss........

Wanna share something that had happened to me early this year. Well, it wasn't exactly someone close to me, in fact he is just a complete stranger to me. But somehow our paths cross just for a mere few hours on that night.....

I was suppose to be meeting a girlfriend for a late night show after our previous separate engagements. (Mine is kbox with some friends and she is at some club with her friends).

Sitting outside the mall, i called my friend.
Me: eh char bor, where r u? I finish kbox le..What time u want to meet me?
Friend: Oh..okok coming coming i take taxi down...Give me 15mins ar...
So, meanwhile i just sit there and wait, fiddle with my iphone, play some games, did some msning. Checked my watch, 15mins le where is my friend?..Nevermind, maybe the queue for the cab is long. I look around me, hoping to see my friend,nope, no sign of her. However i noticed a guy,rather cute and tall on sitting on my left just like 2m away from me. He was staring at his phone all the time, not sms-ing nor playing anything, just staring at it. And looking very forlorn. I guess he sense me looking at his direction as he turn his head to face me, i looked away immediately. Shy mah...

I looked at my watch again. 25mins le..Called my friend..
Me: hello..ai where r u?!! (Was slightly piss as i could hear loud music in the background--My friend still in the club? Wth?!!)
Friend: Huh..ai sorry sorry...cannot meet you la..abit drunk and feel tired...You want to join me here or not? Come la..after that we take taxi home together (We live quite close to each other)...Wan or not?
Me: (Voice abit raised and angry). Wa liao, You know i don't drink one what...anyway if you can't come just now should tell me mah...Let me wait half an hour for you..never call me somemore...
Friend: paiseh la...treat you dinner and movie next time...
(Shall not bored you guys with the details )

Anyway after I hang up, I was sitting there wondering whether to watch the movie alone or go home when I heard a "HEY" from the guy on my left.
Me: (smile sheepishly) Hii!!
Guy: Friend stood u up?
Me: Yap...What to do...You? Waiting for gf?
(At this time, we both move to sit closer..keke)
Guy: *silent for quite some time, keep staring at his phone* I think she's not coming..
Me: Oh...you 2 quarrel?
Guy: No... *silence*
Me: *I also keep quiet*

We keep quiet for like 10secs then he say...
Guy: Hey, ask u ...Do you mind if your bf is not rich?
Wow...me suddenly stunned..Why suddenly ask me this? Me: Rich or not is not the 1st priority la ..Of course rich is a bonus but if not I dun mind la...But must be jiao ta shi di (feet touch earth) must have a stable job...and most importantly i must feel that he really love me...
*Me pause for a few seconds*
Me: .....mmmm actually what i have just told you is just a politically correct answer....
Me and guy: *LOL...LOL....LOL*

The laugh after my last sentence was an ice breaking point for both of us. From then on we just chat and chat...Like watch any good movies, what iphone apps you have and so on...Then he revealed that he has been waiting for his girlfriend and if she does not turn up tonight he might not see her ever again. Anyway, Long story cut short short.They have been dating for a good few years and apparently recently the girl brought guy back for a meet-the-parents-session. Girl's family had objected to the r/s as he is not well-to-do. Girl's family is very rich and forbade them to be together. Tonight he has asked her out for a last meeting together as the next day she is gonna fly to a far far place to study. I felt so sorry for him.

Time flies..soon its like 3am in the morning. We had been chatting for like 5hrs?!! In these few hours we have shared alot of ourselves including some dark secrets hidden in our hearts. We shared our views on a vast range of topics from the president of USA to north korea to music to books to BGR to sex to tattoos...Some topics hit a raw nerve in us but we never once stop talking and laughing........Its like talking to a long-lost friend

Soon, its 5am...my eyes were closing...He shrugged when i asked him how long is he going to wait. Maybe till her flight time i guess... I bade him good bye and good luck to him and flagged down a cab and leave....................

I have never open myself up so much to a complete stranger and vice versa for him too. Two complete strangers life path cross each other for a ever so brief time yet the impact to me is astounding. We most probably won't bump into each other again and I just wanna thank him for the insights he had given me and touch a raw nerve in me that i never knew had exist.

Thanks to anyone who read this long-winded encounter...