Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3980 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthrfckr View Post
Hi all

Anyone can advise, for a Thai working lady who worked legally in the geylang houses before, when/if she can come back to sg just for holiday? I have read many different answers so I was hoping if someone knows the definitive answer to this question? Also if she can come for holiday, do I need to do anything with ICA so that the entry is problem free?

Thanks for any advice.
Only ICA knows the "definitive" answer to this question and it is really up to the immigration officer on the day she arrives - since the granting of a social visit pass is evaluated by the immigration officer on a case by case basis. Even if the SVP is granted the length of time is also up to the officer so be prepared that she may not get the standard 30 day visit pass. To my knowledge the SVP can be given either for one day, 3 days, 7 days or 30 days from the date of entry. Perhaps the SVP stamp comes in other flavours but I have not seen those....

I do not think there is an absolute prohibition for a former yellow card holder to visit Singapore on an SVP, provided she has never been blacklisted before. It is very highly likely that she will be asked to "go into the room" once she arrives at the airport then asked to provide evidence of the intent for her visit, plus evidence of adequate funds for the duration of her stay. Even after all that is done it is still up to the discretion of the ICA to give (or don't give), and for how long.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably just sharing guidelines. The immigration officer has full discretion what to do in each case (including to refuse entry altogether) so I am afraid there is nothing "definitive" out there.

Last edited by Penguin23; 06-01-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: correct spelling errors, edit for clarity